NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Post by Bethany_B Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:48 pm

Thoughts on which way to go?

1: Trindall and Reynolds to Hands and Hynes, 184k bank
    2: Trindall and Loiero to Brailey and Hosking, 35k bank
    3: Trindall to Brailey, hold the 2nd trade, 95k bank

if I go 2 or 3 I would be targeting Hynes in round 7
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:48 pm

Just a reality check for those looking at Hosking, has never averaged more than 56 in any season in reserve grade. Might be a cheap keeper, but no certainty on job security or minutes when Panthers have Garner and Martin back.

Ford is $160k less and looks to have an 80 minute EDG to himself and is dual.

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:48 pm

King Assassin wrote:

I think both are close to must haves this week. I'm getting both in myself. Even if Hosking only gets 2 weeks thats nearly 200k in price rises and Ford looks like a cut-price keeper with Dpp Beating Heart

If you had to get 1 this week and 1 next, go Hosking this week.
    You have him averaging 80 over the next two weeks? That’s rather generous
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:49 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Thoughts on which way to go?

Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:50 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Bit of an awkward situation... might take this to the thumbs. Hosking and Brailey are in my team by the start of R5 - that's as certain as the sheer handsomeness of a pug.

BUT! Doorey, Trindall and Blore. Who remains? I was actually hoping Trindall wouldn't be named so that was easy, and then with Doorey still on the bench that makes the obvious two. But now Blore is out. With his BE and minutes he's been playing, I'd probably have rated him the best chance to still make money, but he's not going to make much money if he's not playing.

I'm very torn. Any excellent insight, or just toughen up and choose Doorey and Trindall and hope Blore is back on the bench next week? Surely Trindall doesn't play more than 5mins at the end, unless there's an injury?

I'd rate them in this order of priority to trade out-

1. Doorey
    2. Trindall
    3. Blore

That seem reasonable?

Seems reasonable, in their current roles Doorey and Trindall will both need to be traded soon anyway, they also give you the most cash as trade outs now rather than Blore who you don’t get as much for.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:51 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Bit of an awkward situation... might take this to the thumbs. Hosking and Brailey are in my team by the start of R5 - that's as certain as the sheer handsomeness of a pug.

BUT! Doorey, Trindall and Blore. Who remains? I was actually hoping Trindall wouldn't be named so that was easy, and then with Doorey still on the bench that makes the obvious two. But now Blore is out. With his BE and minutes he's been playing, I'd probably have rated him the best chance to still make money, but he's not going to make much money if he's not playing.

I'm very torn. Any excellent insight, or just toughen up and choose Doorey and Trindall and hope Blore is back on the bench next week? Surely Trindall doesn't play more than 5mins at the end, unless there's an injury?

I'd rate them in this order of priority to trade out-

1. Doorey
    2. Trindall
    3. Blore

That seem reasonable?

Doorey & Blore out for me mate.

Trindall will get minutes this week somewhere, but also if the Sharks are ahead, Hynes may get an early shower to protect the calf for another 2 weeks. If he gets on the field, he's making more than Doorey anyways
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:52 pm

mattnz wrote:Just a reality check for those looking at Hosking, has never averaged more than 56 in any season in reserve grade. Might be a cheap keeper, but no certainty on job security or minutes when Panthers have Garner and Martin back.

Cheers mate, one of your better posts. Made my dilemma easier!

Plus, he's a Warrior - up the wawas baby!
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:53 pm

Bethany_B wrote:Thoughts on which way to go?

Definitely #3 for me.

I may be in the minority, but I'm not a fan of any of the potentially sideways trades to get in Hosking.

#1 could be decent, if Hynes didn't have a bye next week. Smile Not sure Hands scores more than a handful of points each week either, but could be wrong.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:54 pm

Back Nine Bandits wrote:Hosking at an awkward price range in the sense that all my players around that price range are playing well.

Assume others here are in the same boat.

yeah, the I have Boyd & Loiero

Loiero made 88k, but will probably avg low 40s, lucky if he makes another 50k (slow burn)

Boyd, mainly in the team for HOK cover, has only made 11k, is on the bye this week.
    I could run without HOK cover for a couple weeks till I get Brailey, Grant plays early in the round for the next period so the risk is managable
    If Hosking is dropped it will be an easy trade to JBrailey
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:56 pm

Welsh Mafia wrote:

Doorey & Blore out for me mate.

Trindall will get minutes this week somewhere, but also if the Sharks are ahead, Hynes may get an early shower to protect the calf for another 2 weeks. If he gets on the field, he's making more than Doorey anyways

Cool, thanks mate. I hope you're right about Trindall because if that is the general belief I will definitely hold him.

Third option is to skip Hosking and hold Blore and Trindall, but that seems stupid to hold someone who's not playing and may not play again next week, or any other week, just to get a price rise when Hosking could do good things.

Thanks for the tip, you changed my mind, lol. Holding Trindall, for the next few mins before I change my mind 80 times before kick off on Thursday. Wink
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:57 pm

Word out of the Shire

Raiders star Jack Wighton speaks with Dolphins over potential move.

Source who else but James Hooper
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:58 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Definitely #3 for me.

I may be in the minority, but I'm not a fan of any of the potentially sideways trades to get in Hosking.

#1 could be decent, if Hynes didn't have a bye next week. Smile Not sure Hands scores more than a handful of points each week either, but could be wrong.

Hands did score about 30 points in 34 mins last week if you take the try off him, which at his price is enough. That said there is risk to him.

if I go 1, I can still get Brailey fairly trivially next week, but if I go 3 I can use that trade to get Teddy or someone else instead, and set up a round 7 Reynolds to Hynes trade.

At this point I'm leaning towards 3 because at worst, Hynes goes up another 40-50k with a score of 90 (BE 51 as far as I know).
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:59 pm

Daedalus wrote:

Seems reasonable, in their current roles Doorey and Trindall will both need to be traded soon anyway, they also give you the most cash as trade outs now rather than Blore who you don’t get as much for.

Yeah, fair point about the most cash, to add to my very low Hynes bank. Mind changed again. Haha, not really. I'll definitely have a good ponder about this. Seems like a bit of a flip of a coin, but the unknowing surrounding Blore might be enough to just punt him.
    Mando
    Mando

Post by Mando Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:59 pm

Khany wrote:Finding TLT reasonably unpalatable

Agree, Luke Brooks was named again.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:02 pm

This is your weekly reminder to not go chasing last weeks points and always go on a second date
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:03 pm

Looking like I won't be able to afford Hynes after the bye, so will do it now.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:04 pm

mattnz wrote:Just a reality check for those looking at Hosking, has never averaged more than 56 in any season in reserve grade. Might be a cheap keeper, but no certainty on job security or minutes when Panthers have Garner and Martin back.

haha, i would have thought you'd be jumping on Hosking.

For me its Hosking OR Ford (at least, this week, or just no trades).

Ford is 160k cheaper and has plenty of money to make based on what we've seen so far this year. I need the extra bank to get Cleary or Hynes very soon.

Hosking is so damn tempting but for whatever reason only got a run in first grade due to injury. Eye test he was good enough to hold a position but it was just one game, still an unknown what Cleary will do. For whatever reason he does seem to love Garner. Too much risk around Hosking sharing a role in future weeks with Garner, or even Salmon, for me. Salmon had to play out the game because of Garners injury last week.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:09 pm

Post more!
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:11 pm

Interested in

Luki
    Hosking

Curious about

Sele
    Bostock
    Hands
    Matamua

But maybe I should just hold trades

TBH I'd be more concerned about why Hosking hasn't been picked as a starting first grader at his two clubs than his season average in reserve grade

Last edited by Aardvark on Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:13 pm

my tv broke wrote:For me its Hosking OR Ford (at least, this week, or just no trades). Ford is 160k cheaper and has plenty of money to make based on what we've seen so far this year. I need the extra bank to get Cleary or Hynes very soon.
    Hosking is so damn tempting but for whatever reason only got a run in first grade due to injury. Eye test he was good enough to hold a position but it was just one game, still an unknown what Cleary will do. For whatever reason he does seem to love Garner. Too much risk around Hosking sharing a role in future weeks with Garner, or even Salmon, for me. Salmon had to play out the game because of Garners injury last week.

Fords bye schedule is  NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me - Page 22 1f60e  NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me - Page 22 1f60e  NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 24 - Responsibility is not a good look for me - Page 22 1f60e

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:14 am