NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 23 - Some people just don't get Fantasy

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 23 - Some people just don't get Fantasy - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 23 - Some people just don't get Fantasy

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:31 pm

Chewie wrote:Been out most of the afternoon/night, just catching up now
    982 pre-updates, went from 3415 OR to 840
    Not bad for a clearyless team including captain Grant
    3 of my 17 players didn't get the memo of scoring above 50 points, they'll be staying back to do a few more laps around the field after training tomorrow (I'm looking at you Latrell, Preston & Alamoti)

traded in SJ and Ford this week cheer
    both delivered

time for some smugness:
    Coffee

lovely trading
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 23 - Some people just don't get Fantasy - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 23 - Some people just don't get Fantasy

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:33 pm

Milchcow wrote:

For those big brains of us who ditched Cleary - the only way to get Cleary/Hynes in is by trading out another gun

I'm considering ditching Carrigan, but with Hynes bye coming up may just have to cope with the extra price rises of next week, and can then spend a couple of weeks getting everything lined up.

exactly, i can get murrays current output for much cheaper,

and I need a half,
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:43 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

exactly, i can get murrays current output for much cheaper,

and I need a half,

Would be Carrigan for me too except that would leave me without Mid cover and there aren't any mids on the menu to downgrade for. Probably just have to wait a couple weeks and cop a score. Could do with saving a few trades as well.

Fifita out is an option with the bye as well.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:44 pm

Some interesting candidates emerging for the JOfa Award for Gun Everyone Ignores

The Fabulous King Brothers (Josh and Max)
    Fitzgibbon (when everyone is looking at Friz)
    Nikora (when everyone is looking at Wilton)
    LAWRIE~!
    Kiraz*

*almost everyone ignores

Fitzgibbon seems like a guy where if he keeps getting 80 every week - and there’s no obvious reason he won’t - then he can maintain low 50s.

Any other candidates?
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:46 pm

robelgordo wrote:Some interesting candidates emerging for the JOfa Award for Gun Everyone Ignores

The Fabulous King Brothers (Josh and Max)
    Fitzgibbon (when everyone is looking at Friz)
    Nikora (when everyone is looking at Wilton)
    LAWRIE~!
    Kiraz*

*almost everyone ignores

Fitzgibbon seems like a guy where if he keeps getting 80 every week - and there’s no obvious reason he won’t - then he can maintain low 50s.

Any other candidates?

IPap? 62 average, 5% owned
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:47 pm

Just finished watching that last match. Pretty decent day overall. Rubbish for tipping, but until that last game it was pretty sweet for Fantasy. And as a cheeky aside, I got more returns in one day of Draftstars today than I have all weekends combined so far this year, so that was nice.

Haven't seen any scores outside of my team, so let's take a quick look (might try to rush through these as still got a few things to do tonight)-

Johnson - joys of hindsight. Should have gone with him this week, especially when IKatoa was ruled out, but I didn't. Should've, though. That said, main reason I didn't splurge on a HLF was keeping Hynes in mind and that certainly seemed to bring itself to the forefront today so maybe not all so bad in hindsight.

M.King - nice. Still going strong.

Kiraz - really shaping up as one of the premium WFBs this season, over favoured FBs.

Ford - love this. Jeez he seems like a good, really solid, energetic unit. The HIA and week off is such a blow, but I guess this is why it never even entered my head not to persist with him.

CNK - very solid and I'm thinking I should have paid the extra to put him in my WFB rather than tossing around in my head about Sloan/Perham.

Perham - different games they were involved in, but does seem the better pick out of he and Sloan (I, of course, went the other way).

Mahoney - jeez, would be a bit of a blow for those that took the punt on him (as I did in SC). A few players reminding me this weekend why I don't even look at potential keepers in the first few weeks, and just concentrate on cash generation. My stats show I don't know much about stuff, but RTS taught me in my first year of Fantasy not to rush into early season big purchases (unless their name rhymes with Pint On Us, Chimes).

TMM - so many times this week I looked at this young dude to cover my HLF issues. Seems to have this sort of score and decent cash generation locked down for a short while. Wouldn't have been a bad pick, but was there an injury of some description towards the end there?

Alamoti - solid, when he didn't seem to have as much involvement this week.

Tohu - similar to my comments on Mahoney, but of course injuries cannot be predicted. What a blow for owners. Haven't heard anything on how bad the injury is, but hopefully not too bad.

Marzhew - what a dickhead. Seriously. Had him sitting on my bench in Draft while I played Sloan. That makes me ill. Anyway, held him from start in Draft, so high is my opinion of him. Just need to remember to play him from now on. Wish he was cheaper and had greater job security so I could pick him in Fantasy too. Big fan, am I.

Frizell/Hudson Young - guess their cash losses won't last long. Two very interesting pick ups for those that can, surely.

Tapine - interesting one for me. In my years of Fantasy play so far, this is a player I have just never even thought of bringing in before. Nothing untoward about it, just one of those ones who's never been an option, for various reasons. Come 2023 and he was in my first draft when I opened the app, and the thought never entered my head to cut him. I hear some commentary from some that are underwhelmed with his output. And I even hear in these podcasts the idea of him as a trade option. I don't know if those folk are expecting 80s from him and this isn't up to scratch, but I, personally, have really been enjoying his reliable, good scores each week. Happy owner here.

Fitzgibbon - am I imagining it, or is he putting up a good score every week?

Miller - very nice. Will be interesting to see where he ends up in the WFB ranks this year, as I already like him more than some past greats.

J. Brailey - I'll be seeing you in my office tomorrow, young man.

Timoko - heard a bit of chat around him as a potential trade in this week and having not paid that much attention to him I was all like, what, after one decent game? But watching this, I understand. I know he's done okay in the past, but he's certainly a bit of a weapon. Seems like a solid CTR option indeed.

Hynes - I actually had him in my team this week as a "fuck it, I'm just going to do it" moment, and I would have done it, if not for that pesky bye. That's all it was that kept me from doing it, but should have just grinned and bared it. As I see it, he's so different to someone like a Cleary, or any other HLF, where they can be sitting on 3 at half time and you're wondering if they're going to rescue their score in the second half, which admittedly, often they do. But Hynes is just constantly scoring, from kick off to the end of the match. In my eyes, far and away the best option in Fantasy. Just don't know how I'll get him in my team if his price is only going to increase. It was hard enough already...

Bird - that's disappointing.

Sloan - wow, just had a quick look to see he scored 27 with updates? I was just going to express my disappointment, but acknowledge that all things considered in how the contest went down, it could be worse. But 27, in a match like that, I will definitely take. Good try save, and he did seem to want to get involved here and there, but there's not many fullbacks going to score well on the losing team in a match like that so yeah, I'll take 27. 20 was rough, but I've had plenty of 20s as a Turbo owner in the past so again, I was going to mark it off as a bad match for Saints in general. Hoping they can be better than that in coming weeks, but I was hoping Sloan might be a bit more reliable option to play weekly over Warbrick. lol. Guess I'll just have to play the match-up, as much as I hate doing that.

Lomax - price drops.

And that's about it on the last match. Some good scores up top, but fades pretty quick after that.

As it stands, I've somehow landed on a 968, which probably seems around par for the week if I take a quick glance at L4 scores. Just on that, I'm dead last in that League, and copped another loss this weekend, lol. L12 2024, here I come.

But anyway, main thing about my score that I'm pretty stoked about is that it was with 16 players. Obviously weekends with scores like that across the park don't happen all the time, but I will more than take that. If I can take steps towards fixing my HLF/HOK issues, maybe I might even win a duel in L4 before the year is out?

Anyway, well done to all the big scorers this week, and onto the week ahead. Clutch decisions to be made on how I tackle my HLF position this week, especially if IKatoa is more than a week out.

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:47 pm

Milchcow wrote:

For those big brains of us who ditched Cleary - the only way to get Cleary/Hynes in is by trading out another gun

I'm considering ditching Carrigan, but with Hynes bye coming up may just have to cope with the extra price rises of next week, and can then spend a couple of weeks getting everything lined up.

well... I've got 434k in the bank :pp:

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:48 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

Pretty much where he is priced.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:53 pm

Chewie wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

well... I've got 434k in the bank  :pp:

I have $217k, which is not nothing, but its also not a Hynes fund. (and to be honest, I'd happily swap it to have traded in HTF after round 1 instead of ITT)

A new cheapie in TLT would be great.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:53 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

Yeah but iPap will be fairly highly owned by seasons end. I’m thinking guys that don’t even enter conversations.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:57 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:anyone guesstimate what hynes is likely to be priced at next week?

Anyone have an educated guess?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:00 pm

$1.016m
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:02 pm

Thinking to wait for Hynes and see if he makes the Blues team. He's a must buy at some point and if he plays origin it'd be round 20. Sounds like a long time to not have him in the team but our sides aren't 'fully upgraded' and I figure he is essential when our sides are or close to fully upgraded. This could be the wrong perspective if Hynes kicks on and Cleary does not, a season-ending perspective.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:03 pm

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 23 - Some people just don't get Fantasy - Page 43 Giphy

Maybe a tick over, like 1.03m
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:07 pm

League 10: MChamps v Green Schist Hooligans

A bloody draw at 1005. MChamps with the big fat C on Hynes!
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:11 pm

Started the weekend with EButcher to Miller planned. After cleary's score I downgraded miller to ford to give some extra cash for a Cleary trade in. Was thinking I'd made a genius move after the warriors game. Still probably a good trade - Miller only scored 12 more than Ford but I saved 150k.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:12 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I have $217k, which is not nothing, but its also not a Hynes fund. (and to be honest, I'd happily swap it to have traded in HTF after round 1 instead of ITT)

A new cheapie in TLT would be great.

I'll be picking up Cleary this week, no idea how I'm going to get the funding for Hynes yet
    Looking at a possible Carty to Brailey trade in a few rounds
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:14 pm

MF wrote:

Haha I’m 197th you bastard!!

You feeling OK up there mate?

Beating Heart
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:15 pm

Archer wrote:Traded Hughes to Tohu, who's next hmm

Can you break Cleary please?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:17 pm

superbucks wrote:Thinking to wait for Hynes and see if he makes the Blues team. He's a must buy at some point and if he plays origin it'd be round 20. Sounds like a long time to not have him in the team but our sides aren't 'fully upgraded' and I figure he is essential when our sides are or close to fully upgraded. This could be the wrong perspective if Hynes kicks on and Cleary does not, a season-ending perspective.

I feel like the Cleary + Hynes combos are gonna smash it until Rd 13 and then can jump to Moses/ARey or something if byes and origin sees them missing too many games.

I was planning to get Moses to pair with Cleary soon, but probably better off paying extra for Hynes and having weaker 16th and/or 17th men. Hopefully some cheapies that can score 35+ or so.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:48 pm