NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:03 pm

Aardvark wrote:Looking at some shits and figure that the most pragmatic approach is to hold both Cheese and Boyd and ditch CNK & Talau for Preston and Sloan (or other)

Leaves me with no CTR cover for a week but might solve that when Tricky has to go (and Talau wasn’t going to do a great job anyway)

Means I don’t have to play Doorey and can have a look at a few dudes (cheese, Sloan, Boyd)

Only have 17 green dots at the moment and probs want to keep Ford

Could go a more ambitious move with Smith or Boyd to Bird/HTF/another to solve a Ctr spot but I think it will keep

What do youse reckon?

Honestly? Double cow at this time of the season isn't the worst idea.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:04 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Dropped the ball at training and pretended he'd done his ankle to save face, if the weekend's game was anything to go by.

The Doueihi out rumour also claims that his injury is the only thing saving Brooks from being dropped.

Wakeham has been doing well in NSW Cup (or his scores suggest he is, I haven't actually seen the games) and the Tigers have been terrible. But have they been terrible enough to warrant a round 3 change of halves pairing?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:04 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Dropped the ball at training and pretended he'd done his ankle to save face, if the weekend's game was anything to go by.
    I basically played with 14 last week anyway with Cheese, Ford and Talau I might just do Boyd to Preston and Cheese to Tohu or Carrigan and be done with it. If AD doesn’t play then I play with 16! I’m over Boyd but if I trade him out there goes my hooker cover too, but I might get Soni Luke quite soon.

Would you go Carrigan or Tohu?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:06 pm

I don't think BSmith will ever be an 80 min player with his playstyle, even more so now with the player welfare protocols. I think the Roosters will always need a bench HK to spell him for 15-20 mins.

In 2021 he had to keep scoring tries regularly to maintain the 50+ average and the stats were inflated that year also. Last year was kinda junk without the tries also.

I wasn't sure about the injury last week, but I've learned from being around this place, that with internet rumours, where there's smoke, there's fire.. and there was a bit of smoke around Smith.

At 575k, I figured he was priced at 41 and could probably average 45ish.. still underpriced, but with the injury concerns and bye upcoming, his cash could be put to better use elsewhere.

I could see bringing him back after the bye though. If he does score around 45, he bottoms out around 514k.. only 16k less than he is now. A couple of 40s and he's 500k. Can see what Contrastinghobby is saying about the damage being done and holding mightn't be a bad move, but I'm kinda glad I can watch him from afar for now.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:07 pm

BCT05 wrote:Was just thinking that Dylan Edwards comes to mind as potentially a good comparison for Walsh. Great fullback in a great team and averages low to mid 40's and even in blowout games he never goes that crazy high.

Pretty much what I expect from Walsh. Doesn't have the Teddy playstyle to go much above that.

Still a great buy at the price and I'll probably just go with him, but can't help but wonder if Miller can manage close to a 40 average for $100k less. Has more potential than Walsh for good cash gen too due to his lower price if he strings a couple good games together.

I agree, and probably why MTB also has doubts. But Walsh's JS is pretty well rock solid. Who knows with the Knights?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:07 pm

Milchcow wrote:

The Doueihi out rumour also claims that his injury is the only thing saving Brooks from being dropped.

Wakeham has been doing well in NSW Cup (or his scores suggest he is, I haven't actually seen the games) and the Tigers have been terrible. But have they been terrible enough to warrant a round 3 change of halves pairing?

It's also very Tigers to make sure that you let one of your halves know that you don't rate him any more before having to play him anyway because the other half has got injured.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:09 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I basically played with 14 last week anyway with Cheese, Ford and Talau I might just do Boyd to Preston and Cheese to Tohu or Carrigan and be done with it. If AD doesn’t play then I play with 16! I’m over Boyd but if I trade him out there goes my hooker cover too, but I might get Soni Luke quite soon.

Would you go Carrigan or Tohu?

I would go 80 minute Tohu over 60s Carrigan. Slightly better scoring, maybe 5 points a week, and is a season keeper with no Origin and good byes. Also a nice POD.

Depending on how Hopgood goes with Matterson back, Tohu is my default captain.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:09 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

I stopped reading as soon as you mentioned Levi tbh

wolfking wrote:

Yeah sorry Teeth.......what Rhino said lol.  I immediately kept scrolling too.

my tv broke wrote:

Sorry teeth but yeah, so did i.

Tried to come up with a pun around how trading in Levi would kill Danny chance of a good finish this season, but it didnt seem to work so i moved on

Haha, no worries, my good humans.

It was a plan I was going to go through with but I was too embarrassed to mention it and thought I'd throw it out there at the end of the weekend when I could look back at it one way or another. But as time passed it seemed really futile and I went off it, which as per your responses, does seem the wiser thing to do.

The only niggle in the back of my head is that for how awful we all think Levi is, I actually think Boyd is worse. Obviously two different players in two different positions (most the time) but man I just don't rate the dude at all (Boyd). Just hope he comes out this weekend and makes me look foolish, not that I need any help in that department.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:10 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Wonder if they mean Douehi has been playing with an injury, rather than a fresh one? His thigh has been heavily strapped.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:11 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Being marooned is a right of passage for a Qlder. Welcome mate.

Is, is that you... daddy ??
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:12 pm

BCT05 wrote:Was just thinking that Dylan Edwards comes to mind as potentially a good comparison for Walsh. Great fullback in a great team and averages low to mid 40's and even in blowout games he never goes that crazy high.

Pretty much what I expect from Walsh. Doesn't have the Teddy playstyle to go much above that.

Still a great buy at the price and I'll probably just go with him, but can't help but wonder if Miller can manage close to a 40 average for $100k less. Has more potential than Walsh for good cash gen too due to his lower price if he strings a couple good games together.

Certainly harder as a trade in option. I have him already. He's a bit risky but a bit rewardy. Not sure which one yet.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:14 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Tapine has told Sticky he is a prop, not a lock.

Smith said his ribs were fine.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:14 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Are Egan's minutes really that big? Will he continue a 100% try scoring strike rate? Serious question, I didn't look that hard.

Sorry I had thought he was playing big minutes because of his scores, turns out he has turned into a PPM beast What a Face
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:15 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:Ramien is noodles lite this year, really trimmed down but lost some of his spicyness
    Hopefully he can add some beef to the mix

I'm sure he wakes up every morning and before the day starts he just Zen focuses for 20 minutes about how he can get suspended in the coming round.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:17 pm

I don't think Tohu is going to play 80 when Jazz is on the bench. There, I said it.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:19 pm

TherealTimSimona wrote:So for South Sydney

Chee-kam most likely goes to the bench when arrow is back right and Shaq should be staying there most likely all season?

will probably get the better one next week if they can get minimum 40 again

If only someone had raised the idea of them a couple of weeks ago. Wink
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:19 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:I don't think Tohu is going to play 80 when Jazz is on the bench. There, I said it.

I feel like the old workhorse might break down if he keeps playing 80, but that could just be because I don't have him and no means to right now.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:23 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:I don't think Tohu is going to play 80 when Jazz is on the bench. There, I said it.

New coach seems to see him as a reserve grader.

Not sure there is room for both Walker and Jazz on the bench, leaves them very light, not quite as bad as Starling and Levi on the field at the same time, but not far off it.

Speaking of which, what is Sticky thinking playing the 2 smallest hookers in the NRL to plug the middle with Tapine off and no Papalii? How does he think that is a winning strategy?
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:23 pm

Just listened to James Graham's weekly podcast with Cheese, he didn't sound fully confident he'd be playing this Friday, said on multiple occasions "hopefully" I'll be there. Obviously said he'll take lots of anti inflammatories to get back out on the field
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:25 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Miller should average more than 40, just needs to be written into the set plays coming in from the back.

No set plays when you lose the middle and you're getting belted. That said, he's fine, I'm holding.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:16 pm