NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:45 pm

NRL PHYSIO (@nrlphysio) ✧
    Scans on Brandon Smith’s ribs have cleared him of serious injury - will be monitored leading into Round 3. Mostly a pain management issue, but one of the most painful injuries + aggravation risk is there for weeks

Nicho Hynes is hoping to return in Round 4 from his calf injury suffered in the preseason (via @DaveRic1). Sounds as if the injury had tendon involvement with the Sharks approach to rehab/return to play - longer healing times/more gradual rehab progress with tendons

Scans revealed Sam Verrills suffered, and played through, a fractured collarbone on the weekend. Unrelated to the stinger/burner he also dealt with. Titans expect him to miss “the next few weeks”
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:46 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Really battling deciding between giving boys time or upgrading him to Koro or Mahoney

Perhaps giving him until rd 5 bye and him possibly becoming brailey is the play?

Also trading CNK a mistake? It’s to Preston. Not sure I see another option in my squad to move for him (it’s not that impressive just all equally underwhelming but not injured)

CNK to Preston is not a mistake.

Other scenarios where I’d consider holding CNK but that ain’t one
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:48 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:

You don't have to spend all your cash, a war chest could be handy over the next few weeks as players peak or have roles changed
    Gives you options to also jump onto some fallen guns too

Sloan is cheap and if he averages 35-40 then makes a stack of cash, his benchmark is low because of his buy in so doesn't have to be great.
    Time it right and with a bit of luck in a few weeks its a small upgrade for a Tedesco
    At worst he is a 277k 18-21 bench player

For a mid just get whatever is good value regardless of price, you don't have to spend up for the sake of it if the options aren't there
    Who knows what next week brings

I need a WFB for Ponga, a single cow trade has crossed my mind, to establish said warchest. I'd have to play Sloan or Warbrick though, for a while probably.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:48 pm

Shibasaki named for both the Blackhawks and the cowboys at number 4.

Last minute shenanigans? Sandrugu hasn’t been named for the blackhawks but is in the reserves for the cows
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:51 pm

robelgordo wrote:

CNK to Preston is not a mistake.

Other scenarios where I’d consider holding CNK but that ain’t one

Other options are moving early on katoa or doorway really
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:51 pm

MF wrote:Shibasaki named for both the Blackhawks and the cowboys at number 4.

Last minute shenanigans? Sandrugu hasn’t been named for the blackhawks but is in the reserves for the cows

hope so I want him for the randomness!
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:54 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

Other options are moving early on katoa or doorway really

id be very surprised if Isiah Katoa ever becomes fantasy relevant this year, i think im in the minorioty here,

why are you down on CNK, he had a great week one, I have avoided him and dont own him, but the signs from week one would have been encouraging rather than disappointing?

preston will outscore and out cash generate doorey so thats a sensible swap
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:56 pm

my tv broke wrote:Girls and guys, talk to me about Walsh vs Miller (+100k) as a trade in.

Miller - bad team although slapsie runs dont matter. Unlikely to go big but possibly consistent enough high 30s avg. Run of games to come isnt the worst for junk time tbs

Walsh - was going to be my first picked if not for injury. Huge year for him imo. That may or may not translate to fantasy though and without kick metres or goal kicking he can still have a great game and score 35 due to the style of footballer he is.

I have Miller and still have confidence. Teddy did fine with the slapsies at the Tigers. Controversial, but I'm not 100% on Walsh. I saw the game. He's electric, I'm glad he's a Qlder, I think origin is in the mix. It doesn't seem to entirely translate to fantasy. It might very soon, but I'm unsure. He'll score well regardless, so I don't think he'll be a bad pick, but he doesn't have the kms of some fullbacks or goal kicking. But there's upside. Arey misses a few games and he's god tier all of a sudden. I still like Turbo.
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:57 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

id be very surprised if Isiah Katoa ever becomes fantasy relevant this year, i think im in the minorioty here,

why are you down on CNK, he had a great week one, I have avoided him and dont own him, but the signs from week one would have been encouraging rather than disappointing?

Not down on CNK. Think he averages high 30s. Enough

I have bank so katoa could be the option. I’m not confident in him either but a base price half is hard to ditch. Annoyed at myself for going with the crowd and picking him rd 1 when my gut said no
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:57 pm

MF wrote:Shibasaki named for both the Blackhawks and the cowboys at number 4.

Not even sure what position he is playing, trialled at prop, was apparently at EDG in preseason training. He totally disappeared from all lists last week, wasn't injured, in Cowboys or Blackhawks.

Who's spot is Shibasaki taking?

If he is named, I don't think I can resist picking up Sadrugu, but Cowboys play too late in the round, after I need to trade out.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:59 pm

mattnz wrote:NRL PHYSIO (@nrlphysio) ✧
    Scans on Brandon Smith’s ribs have cleared him of serious injury - will be monitored leading into Round 3. Mostly a pain management issue, but one of the most painful injuries + aggravation risk is there for weeks

Nicho Hynes is hoping to return in Round 4 from his calf injury suffered in the preseason (via @DaveRic1). Sounds as if the injury had tendon involvement with the Sharks approach to rehab/return to play - longer healing times/more gradual rehab progress with tendons

Scans revealed Sam Verrills suffered, and played through, a fractured collarbone on the weekend. Unrelated to the stinger/burner he also dealt with. Titans expect him to miss “the next few weeks”

Checks Chris Randall's price

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 15 - Cheese and Garlick Naan - Page 30 Giphy
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:00 pm

mattnz wrote:

Who's spot is Shibasaki taking?

hiku suspended
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:02 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

IKatoa's relevancy is that he's a basement price starting half. Sometimes 1 good score gets the cash rolling and we see plenty of junk players make it to 4-500k in worse positions. He could help with 30 points in a bind too if Cleary/Doui/whoever is out a week.

Doorey similar. If you keep jumping from one cow to another, you burn trades and don't maximise the value of the one you traded out. Doorey hitting 30s still makes another 74k the next 3 weeks and would top out over 400k.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:03 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I have Miller and still have confidence. Teddy did fine with the slapsies at the Tigers. Controversial, but I'm not 100% on Walsh. I saw the game. He's electric, I'm glad he's a Qlder, I think origin is in the mix. It doesn't seem to entirely translate to fantasy. It might very soon, but I'm unsure. He'll score well regardless, so I don't think he'll be a bad pick, but he doesn't have the kms of some fullbacks or goal kicking. But there's upside. Arey misses a few games and he's god tier all of a sudden. I still like Turbo.

Read the script. One good game for the Broncos and you're the next Billy Slater. Billy Slater (the best fullback I have ever seen) was middle of the pack at fantasy btw.

Also, Staggs would GK if ARey goes down. Walsh might get more field kicking but the Broncos would be worse, so a net no change probably.

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:04 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Unsure if you saw game but he was horribly out of form. Bit like sexton last year. Few penalties failed to find touch, a shocker short drop out, etc.

Be surprised if storm arent rev'd up this week. Then hes got the bye in rnd 5

I may hold though, can NPR him this week with Trindall going again
    Just been on the Tigers forums and they are saying AD won’t play. If that’s the case I might have to hold Boyd this week otherwise I have no halves cover if AD is a late out.

Want Tohu but am 4K short of Tohu in for Cheese in one trade.

Thoughts on E. Butcher to Preston and Cheese to Tohu?

Could then look at Carty or Trindall to Walsh or Bird the week after.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:04 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

IKatoa's relevancy is that he's a basement price starting half. Sometimes 1 good score gets the cash rolling and we see plenty of junk players make it to 4-500k in worse positions. He could help with 30 points in a bind too if Cleary/Doui/whoever is out a week.

Doorey similar. If you keep jumping from one cow to another, you burn trades and don't maximise the value of the one you traded out. Doorey hitting 30s still makes another 74k the next 3 weeks and would top out over 400k.

cant argue with the above, preston is playable in 1-17 and a cashie though so i see why trading for him now makes sense

one thing about katoa is he does look to have huge potential, i might be underrating him
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:06 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I suppose i forgot to mention, in isolation, its not even a contest, i go walsh.

But im trying to get cash together to turn Boyd into someone reliable at half

Sounds like you need some SJ.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:06 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Read the script. One good game for the Broncos and you're the next Billy Slater. Billy Slater (the best fullback I have ever seen) was middle of the pack at fantasy btw.

Also, Staggs would GK if ARey goes down. Walsh might get more field kicking but the Broncos would be worse, so a net no change probably.

Yep, plenty of highly rated fullbacks that didn't translate to fantasy, Lockyer is another.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:07 pm

mattnz wrote:

Not even sure what position he is playing, trialled at prop, was apparently at EDG in preseason training. He totally disappeared from all lists last week, wasn't injured, in Cowboys or Blackhawks.

He was injured, PCL

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:07 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Just been on the Tigers forums and they are saying AD won’t play. If that’s the case I might have to hold Boyd this week otherwise I have no halves cover if AD is a late out.

Want Tohu but am 4K short of Tohu in for Cheese in one trade.

Thoughts on E. Butcher to Preston and Cheese to Tohu?

Could then look at Carty or Trindall to Walsh or Bird the week after.

Are they saying what injury AD has and likely timeframe out?

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:39 pm