NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog

Shanbon
    Shanbon

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog

Post by Shanbon Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:01 pm

With that cash sitting around and already being ranked back at 23k Do you think having 5 cheap cows at fullback is the best idea. How different will your side look if you brought in Smith and Tedesco this week.

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 2 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:30 pm

Shanbon wrote:With that cash sitting around and already being ranked back at 23k Do you think having 5 cheap cows at fullback is the best idea. How different will your side look if you brought in Smith and Tedesco this week.

I looked at tedesco which leaves me with 22k but dont want to pay top dollar when I may need to fix Ah Mau/Evans very soon.
    The other cows are not ready to be milked (ie the halves) so won't have the cash to do the above.
    Fensom will be cheaper so on the list as well as Tolman/Bromwich but need to give them another week as they have high BE

I am looking at RTS and Dugan as well once they bottom out who i believe also offer better value over Tedesco over the next few weeks.
    With the unreliability of the WFB position I would rather fix up other areas first and at least a low score from a cow is easier to handle than a mid priced one (ie Mann/Gordon/Mansour/Fergo etc)

Understand where you are coming from and would love to bring another gun in but its bad timing this week, thats all
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:09 pm

considering Mann inst playing and wont lose cash is he really an urgent trade out for another potential cash cow? If youre worried about AhMau or Evans surely you want to upgrade them first?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:09 am

Shanbon wrote:considering Mann inst playing and wont lose cash is he really an urgent trade out for another potential cash cow? If youre worried about AhMau or Evans surely you want to upgrade them first?

Hey mate thanks again for the feedback. Have slept on it and decided to take on board your advice so cheers for nudging me in that direction.
    Should result in a much better score, with some money left over for further upgrades (and without losing money further on Ah Mau).
    Also gives me another week to see how Scott goes as well or scout out other replacement options to strengthen the back.

Will update the previous post to reflect this change, let me know what you think.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:40 am

Week 3 Results:

Well not a bad effort given another drama packed week. Happy with both my trades, Jake Trbojevic proved to be a great upgrade over Ah Mau.
    Smith trade gave me some reliable points but brought him in long term anyways.

Captain Surgess could have been worse, Last minute swap of Saifiti for Merrin into starting lineup proved to be a great gamble as well given the potential to get Gavet's AE.
    Also made some more inroads into the ladder so slowly moving up. Can't complain really, but looking at a lot of injuries/suspensions to deal with.

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 2 Week_310
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 2 Week_311

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 2 Week_311

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 2 Week_310

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:18 am

Looking at another interesting week with my team starting to mount up injuries and suspensions.

Latrell Mitchell - Rumours of injury and possibly not playing this week
    Jaelen Feeney - Poor form has seen him dropped and won't see first grade for a while.
    Kurt Mann - Injury/dropped due to form - unsure how he fits into Dragons plan.
    Nathan Davis - Injured but hoping he is back this week
    Ben Henry - Injured for season
    Chris Lawrence - possible 1 game suspension
    Paul Carter - possible 1-2 game suspension
    Trent Merrin - Virus/possible glandular fever so time away unknown
    Sam Burgess - Neck injury - hoping away for 1-2 weeks max
    Jayden Nikorima - Rumours of being dropped this week
    James Gavet Possible suspension

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:25 am

nice little save there on not bringing Scott in Wink

Tough decsion time for you now, i just decided that i need to upgrade 2 of my 17 and will fix NPRs in the next 2 weeks. I need points right now.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:31 am

Shanbon wrote:nice little save there on not bringing Scott in Wink

Tough decsion time for you now, i just decided that i need to upgrade 2 of my 17 and will fix NPRs in the next 2 weeks. I need points right now.

Well appreciate the tap on the shoulder as it changed my train of thought for that trade. Worked out well
    I can afford to run an AE for one player this week but reliant on Davis starting. TLT will be interesting
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:28 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Looking at another interesting week with my team starting to mount up injuries and suspensions.

Jaelen Feeney - Poor form has seen him dropped and won't see first grade for a while.

Holy shit mate, that's some rotten luck, but nice gain of 7000 odd places for last week.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:45 pm

Round 4 Trades

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
    Has run 200m all 3 games though has started being more involved and breaking tackles.
    With warriors getting more desperate can see him chancing his arm a bit more.
    Solid base stats as well as being a proven gun and a lot cheaper than Tedesco.
    Also doesn't play origin and doesn't get a lot of injuries

Matt Parcell
    Looks to have won the battle of the hookers and also given Manly their first win.
    Played well when given the minutes and guaranteed to play 60+ (or possibly 80) with no Koraisau
    Should be good for 40-45 points a game and more long term security over Jniko, along with good origin byes

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 2 Round_12

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 2 Round_23
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 2 Round_22

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:49 pm

SI wrote:Holy shit mate, that's some rotten luck, but nice gain of 7000 odd places for last week.

Yeah mate, not the best but you can't change the cards you are dealt.

Anyways have managed to field a team with a spare AE (well based on Carter getting off)
    Worse case I chuck an R on Taylor and hope Mitchell pulls through. Question marks over Merrin as well given being off sick.

Will see how the week progresses
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:00 am

team shaping up nicely mate after that shit luck! enjoying the write ups

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:38 am

Welshy wrote:team shaping up nicely mate after that shit luck! enjoying the write ups

Thanks for the feedback mate, just taking it week by week for now.
    Slowly attempting a comeback by plugging the holes in this leaky boat.
    It's a long season so hoping smart trades get me up the ladder.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:10 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Looking at another interesting week with my team starting to mount up injuries and suspensions.

Thats quite a list Boozey. Tough luck mate.

I only have 7 of those 11 players in my VSDT. The 4 I DONT have are Mann, Lawrence, Merrin, and Gavet. However, I do have problems with 2 more of my own, V.Leuluai (knee, Round 10) and N.Roache (ankle, indefinite).

So you are beating me 11 to 9 overall this week. Should I be saying congratulations or commiserations. Laughing

Last edited by Simon Templar on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tpyo)
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:15 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Round 4 Trades

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
    Has run 200m all 3 games though has started being more involved and breaking tackles.
    With warriors getting more desperate can see him chancing his arm a bit more.
    Solid base stats as well as being a proven gun and a lot cheaper than Tedesco.
    Also doesn't play origin and doesn't get a lot of injuries

Matt Parcell
    Looks to have won the battle of the hookers and also given Manly their first win.
    Played well when given the minutes and guaranteed to play 60+ (or possibly 80) with no Koraisau
    Should be good for 40-45 points a game  and more long term security over Jniko, along with good origin byes

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 2 Round_12

Good trades Boozey. Good luck mate! Very Happy

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:27 pm

Cheers ST, though the injury front is probably only thing I am beating you at haha.

Look if I can get through this week ok, then next week gets easier with Surgess/Claw back.
    (Have been saying that every week haha)

Hey I did promise there would be some drama so hope I haven't disappointed there.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:06 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Cheers ST, though the injury front is probably only thing I am beating you at haha.

Look if I can get through this week ok, then next week gets easier with Surgess/Claw back.
    (Have been saying that every week haha)

Hey I did promise there would be some drama so hope I haven't disappointed there.

Haha, yes you did Boozey. Like I said, what you are doing is a very interesting exercise, so kudos to you for doing it mate.

P.S. Do I get any credit on the injury/missing games/drop in score/bad luck count, for having to trade out Slater (Munster in), Peats (E.Lowe in, killed his score in my first week of having him), N.Green (for H.Hunt) for Rounds 2 and 3? Wink haha

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:16 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

P.S. Do I get any credit on the injury/missing games/drop in score/bad luck count, for having to trade out Slater (Munster in), Peats (E.Lowe in, killed his score in my first week of having him), N.Green (for H.Hunt) for Rounds 2 and 3? Wink haha

Haha the old KOD, well I had Lichaa/segy too so maybe I have stumbled into that

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:44 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Haha the old KOD, well I had Lichaa/segy too so maybe I have stumbled into that.

Haha. I think that puts you ahead 13-12. That's very impressive. You must be a long-lost member of the KOD family. Wink

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:40 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

Haha. I think that puts you ahead 13-12. That's very impressive. You must be a long-lost member of the KOD family. Wink

Perhaps, I did frequent sportal and in various leagues there for the past 4 years or so.
    Though one difference is the people I have brought in have all done well so far (touch wood) so maybe it only applies to starting teams haha.

Anyways it's part of the fun documenting everything and letting people share in my misfortune.
    Moving up the ladder so must not be the only one with these issues Smile

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:30 pm