NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 10 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog

Post by Simon Templar Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:20 pm

SI wrote:This is deadset just ridiculous now!!!  To decide to write a blog, then to be 31000 odd after Round 1, then to progress to 206 without taking a backward step Shocked absolutely brilliant!

This is the stuff movies are written about Very Happy

I agree 100% SI.

Boozey is "doing a Leicester" right before our very eyes.

GO THE FOXES!!!

GO BOOZEY!!!

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 10 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:05 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

I agree 100% SI.

Boozey is "doing a Leicester" right before our very eyes.

GO THE FOXES!!!

GO BOOZEY!!!

Cheers ST, though job is only half done as still another 3 months of football left and the next couple byes will hurt.

I would like to think I am more the 2016 Titans (minus the coke)
    Won't win the comp, but banking on teams above me on the ladder self destructing and slowly moving up it haha.

Never intended this thread to gather any real attention/traction but has kinda turned into something I enjoy doing. Enjoy reading everyone's comments too

Perhaps one day I can have my own page 51 party
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:13 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Cheers ST, though job is only half done as still another 3 months of football left and the next couple byes will hurt.
    Won't win the comp, but banking on teams above me on the ladder self destructing and slowly moving up it haha.

Don't sell yourself short Boozey.

When Leicester were leading the EPL at Christmas (first club ever to be last one Christmas and then first the next Christmas) all the pundits said they would choke and fail to quality for Europe (i.e. finish outside the top 4), but they kept on keeping on and won the league by 10 points going away.

Be a Fox, NOT a Titan Boozey. Wink

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Never intended this thread to gather any real attention/traction but has kinda turned into something I enjoy doing. Enjoy reading everyone's comments too

Perhaps one day I can have my own page 51 party

I told you from the very start that it was a very interesting exercise. A "fly on the wall" experience for those of us who follow your blog. Great stuff Boozey. Very Happy

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:37 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

Be a Fox, NOT a Titan Boozey. Wink

Taken onboard, be a fox Smile

via GIPHY

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:41 pm

Was going through some old emails and came across this gem
    Think this has been my highest score which probably explains why i kept it.
    Something to aim towards and hoping to crack the 1000 mark this year

As for highest overall placing 174th place in 2012 (127,328 players) (Team was called 'one nut warriors' that year)
    Finished top 500 in 2013 & 2014 but never finished higher than above or League 2 (Sportal)
    So need a few more good weeks and can hopefully get close to making some new PB's

Interesting to see how the comp changes year to year, funny looking at the $$ value of the team or seeing Beau Ryan/ Wolfman in the promotion haha

Blast from the past from 2014

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 10 Blast_10

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:53 pm

Well have made another trade to give me cover in CTR and avoid a Copley/Gutherson AE with Mitchell pulling out. Aitken moves to fullback

Konrad Hurrell

Gives me bye cover on rounds 15 and 19 and can hopefully bang out a decent score today.
    Loves a tackle break and offload, basically at bottom price and will be on a mission to prove something to his new team so worth a calculated gamble

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 10 Hurrel10
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:58 pm

Looks a good trade on paper, just need him to replay the faith.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:38 am

Well this looks a bloody good trade now on reflection, if he keeps playing like this DCE might not even make my starting lineup

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 10 Nathan10

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 10 Nathan11

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:32 am

Round 14 Results

Well the week started off terrible with a lot of players like Whitehead, Harris and Parcell scoring well below their average.
    Funny how fast your week can change with Munster,Smith,Fifita going huge, and some decent scores to the panthers players.

Special mention goes to Nathan Cleary who was more than just a stop gap this week and could be valuable in the next few weeks with DCE out or perhaps more going forward

Was up against the League Leader 'Bird is the Word' this week so happy to get the win and move up to 2nd place (On F/A)
    looking at his team before the week started I knew it was going to be tough so came down to a couple players going huge which proved the difference.
    Think he will bounce back from that soon

Anyways in a decent spot right now, trades are short but team is pretty much as good as I can do in the circumstances, bring on the second bye round

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 10 Round_12
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 10 Round_10

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 10 Round_10

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach...From 31193 to 38 Overall - Roller coaster 2016 Blog - Page 10 Round_11

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:47 am

No wonder you got such a good score. Cleary and Norman played twice in your team. Lol

Nah. Awesome work man

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:21 am

Sik wrote:No wonder you got such a good score. Cleary and Norman played twice in your team. Lol

Nah. Awesome work man

Haha I see what I did there.. Nice pick up on the error, suffering from 'long weekend itis'...

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:45 pm

Sik wrote:No wonder you got such a good score. Cleary and Norman played twice in your team. Lol

Nah. Awesome work man

LOL

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:47 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Haha I see what I did there.. Nice pick up on the error, suffering from 'long weekend itis'...

Haha. A cutting and pasting issue. Wink

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:06 pm

Well I am going to go all in, Fuck it.
    Can see the leader now so going to give it a shake or go down swinging.(424 points off first place)
    Might as well make it exciting in here, gain some early momentum and ride it home

Leaves me with 4 trades for the remaining of the season (Tedesco next week)
    Essentially 4 trades for 'Season Enders' but will be straight swaps so not as bad as it seems.
    Going against most rational and common train of thought about keeping lots of trades and using them now to get my team sorted.

Wish me luck

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:58 pm

Kinda worried that if I look at Mitchell/Barba as bordline keepers then I may be stuck with them.
    With both having high Break evens and prices on the slide, If i stick with them and they continue to score shit I may not have options to trade out.
    eg it would cost me 2 trades for one keeper later on and would be in a worse position trade wise.

Though having Tedesco, even if he is playing bad he scores well, while watching Lolohea at fullback I am confident he can do the same as the Warriors look to have been given the licence to ball play.

Thoughts?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:01 am

Boozecluez wrote:Kinda worried that if I look at Mitchell/Barba as bordline keepers then I may be stuck with them.
    With both having high Break evens and prices on the slide, If i stick with them and they continue to score shit I may not have options to trade out.
    eg it would cost me 2 trades for one keeper later on and would be in a worse position trade wise.

Though having Tedesco, even if he is playing bad he scores well, while watching Lolohea at fullback I am confident he can do the same as the Warriors look to have been given the licence to ball play.

Thoughts?

I think all teams are going to be stuck with one of these; and probably a high percentage of teams will run with both.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:23 am

My initial thought was to mitigate the risk by running both (as if they both fail then it doesn't really matter, which cancels it out).
    But then if you don't have them and they have poor games, then having different players gives you a higher chance to climb the ladder (as teams start to look the same)
    So really it comes down to trades which I don't have many.

Parcell to Friend seems a good move as I need a solid captain option this round and the points swing can be huge.
    Though Friend could have a large price drop so could gamble parcell plays better and wait a week or 2.

Tedesco in for Mitchell next week or after storm game (as mitchell's points will be handy this bye)

Lolohea while he has a low BE I could pass on and run with the below as my final team, though feel he is a keeper(Rapana/Croker/Dugan are all much more pricey)

This may be the safest option and involves only 1 trade to happen, though would love to get Lolohea in somehow (but would be at the expense of Tedesco)
    Aitken/Leilua
    Munster/Tedesco/Barba

Might sleep on it haha
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:28 pm

I'm with you boozy. Go for it mate. It's now or never. How many do you have playing this week?

What's you "ideal" backline? I think we're both going to be very similar.

I'm aiming for...

Hunt/SJ/Cleary/NPR
    Lolohea/?/Copley/NPR
    Tedesco/Munster/Aitken/Barba/NPR

That's where I'm at, at the moment. Just have that last CTR position to fill.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:49 pm

Sik wrote:I'm with you boozy. Go for it mate. It's now or never. How many do you have playing this week?

What's you "ideal" backline? I think we're both going to be very similar.

I'm aiming for...

Hunt/SJ/Cleary/NPR
    Lolohea/?/Copley/NPR
    Tedesco/Munster/Aitken/Barba/NPR

That's where I'm at, at the moment. Just have that last CTR position to fill.

Ideal and what I can get are two different things haha.
    But looks like it will be listed above

Leilua/Aitken
    Tedesco/Munster/Barba

But as you have Lolo I would bring in one of either Leilua/Aitken to compliment him

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:20 pm