NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 44 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:30 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Been going back and forth on my Tino to Bird switch (HSS and Alamoti owner) and playing Uto this week. Feels like the right thing to do but will probably be terrible

Im thinking of something similar. Have E.Butcher in currently (who I am reluctant to leave out), but he switches for Bird so well and I can replace him with a 250k Blore in play, which may be a slight hit to the points but lets me bench Alamoti next week.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 44 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

Post by mickspicks Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:36 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

I'd stick with Fifi... I will have a death picnic for him today - but I don't think it will be nearly as effective as last year. Gilbert and Nicholls are plodders that are nothing to write home about. Fifita wont break your season if he scores a little lower but will get you high if he starts well as expected.

DISCLAIMER - I moved Fifita out of my team so I could bring in Cleary - but I also wish I had not have as I was going to Captain HopGood

The only reason I considered them was for Ese'Ese ruled out with a pec injury. Lemuele on the bench. Only one bench prop... probably means Gilbert plays 55-60, and Nicholls 40+
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:36 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:Was just thinking about the Trindall (saying he was a bust) gamble.
    I'm happy with a basement price half getting 33 in a beaten team.
    It was a calculated risk and cost me Doorey (who scored32).
    If Hynes returns, straight swap - cost me a trade, no fuss. If Hynes is out for another couple of games, he could bust out a 50.
    It's just part of the game.

Yeah not worried about him. If he’s starting again then he’s in my 17

If he’s out, maybe a punt on Soni Luke who will surely get more minutes sooner rather than later
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:39 pm

Spoiler:

My after game preview.

Also JD wrapped Thompson twice in the presser. I know for mine his first half was mixed but he had a very good second half. It’s the big metres he gains I like best made 173 metres. I am happy I stuck on him and I hope some of you did. 34 at centre brings a massive smile to my dial. And people saying after 20mins Thompson is crap I wasn’t worried. One prop rotation for 60mins with 6 of our top 30 forwards out I had tears in my eyes and I’ve watched the replay twice!
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:39 pm

mickspicks wrote:

The only reason I considered them was for Ese'Ese ruled out with a pec injury. Lemuele on the bench. Only one bench prop... probably means Gilbert plays 55-60, and Nicholls 40+

Stone will play decent minutes as well. More than many are expecting
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:43 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:Was just thinking about the Trindall (saying he was a bust) gamble.
    I'm happy with a basement price half getting 33 in a beaten team.
    It was a calculated risk and cost me Doorey (who scored32).
    If Hynes returns, straight swap - cost me a trade, no fuss. If Hynes is out for another couple of games, he could bust out a 50.
    It's just part of the game.

Yep at worst he makes abit of cash and he is out this week and then we get to pick up the best cheap rookie we missed.

Not sure I would go if he is out

Mitchell Luke Hunt and Moale on the radar.

Hopefully we get 2 weeks.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:46 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Stone will play decent minutes as well. More than many are expecting

100%. I think Stone plays about 50-odd. Would allow Gilbert to rest before the half and at the half, coming on early in the 2nd in the mid rotation. Of course, I could be completely wrong Beer
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:49 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    Which would make you feel worse?

- Stay with Fifi and he lazily plods his way to a 32
    - Trade Fifi and have him score a 2 try 94?

Good point and no idea which scenario I'd prefer haha. Maybe I just double up on the Butcher bros and be done with it.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:56 pm

robelgordo wrote:I hate the daylight savings 4pm and 6pm schedule.

2pm and 4pm games all the way

This is wat I was about to say. Is there any stats that back up the 6pm game being smart ? 2pm and 4pm if u want to watch football on a Sunday is how it should be
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:59 pm

AL wrote:

I didn’t get to see any games but watched the Kayo mini (which doesn’t show much) and they were talking Trindall up. The disallowed try off his forward pass would have made his score much more palatable (assuming LBA and TA in lieu of an error). Did he not look good or just the score was a bit of a let down?

just the score mate, he's only there for a little while for a points grabs and the points weren't quite there. Looked fine, and yeah a bit unlucky with the forward pass.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:01 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    I'll be wearing a Roosters away jersey and a black Taylormade cap.

You could also just look for the guy standing and applauding.

lol!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:04 pm

robelgordo wrote:I hate the daylight savings 4pm and 6pm schedule.

2pm and 4pm games all the way

Yeah sucks but too hot in summer for those guys. 2pm games will be back soon enough.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:05 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Yeah not worried about him. If he’s starting again then he’s in my 17

If he’s out, maybe a punt on Soni Luke who will surely get more minutes sooner rather than later

I thought Luke would get 20 odd minutes. Are people saying he'll surely get more because he scored 76th minute try and ended on close to 40pts instead of 20?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:07 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Im thinking of something similar. Have E.Butcher in currently (who I am reluctant to leave out), but he switches for Bird so well and I can replace him with a 250k Blore in play, which may be a slight hit to the points but lets me bench Alamoti next week.

Yeah it’s a tough decision alright. Butcher would be my other option but I think I like him slightly more than Tino. Running out of time now
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:08 pm

Loomer wrote:

I thought Luke would get 20 odd minutes. Are people saying he'll surely get more because he scored 76th minute try and ended on close to 40pts instead of 20?

My opinion, but re watched the game and not hard to notice that he is miles ahead of Kenny for their attack. They’d be better off using him like Api last year where he’s injected after 20 minutes after the sting
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:11 pm

Shady2K wrote:

My opinion, but re watched the game and not hard to notice that he is miles ahead of Kenny for their attack. They’d be better off using him like Api last year where he’s injected after 20 minutes after the sting

Obviously would be good fantasy wise but also everybody getting him that doesn't have would limit effect. Good for those that started with if happens after a few games
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:12 pm

Actually if I flick Butcher to Bird in the EDG position then looks like I’ll get Loieros 45 this week. Makes it a free transfer and strengthens my CTRs. Hopefully Bird plays lock lol
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:22 pm

MF wrote:I wouldn’t be concerned for Tapine. Yes 45 seems underwhelming however those Canberra forwards are not used to the stinking hot weather even Ricky complained about having to be there round 1.

He’ll build his minutes Tapine is someone Ricky wants there all year so he’ll flog the younger ones in games like this.

Plus he only had one offload and one tackle break and still made 40 tackles I think. He’ll be right I wouldn’t be trading him out
    Even Ricky complained Rolling Laugh
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:26 pm

11/618 C for me. Have 6 to come in Douiehi, Uto, Talau, Cheese, E. Butcher and Boyd.

Team with 112k spare is:

Grant
    Haas Hopgood Cheese
    Katoa Loiero
    Cleary Douiehi
    Thompson Talau
    Turbo Warbrick Miller

Boyd E. Butcher Uto BMM
    Ford Trindall Doorey Alamoti

Just on Chee Kam, Host is due back round 3/4 but Cheeks probs holds a bench post when Host is back. Sele due back round 3/4 too.

Arrow will await word on how long he’s out. Moale should keep that starting role 35-40mins. Shaq for now probs holds a bench spot too but I still think Moale has the better JS but we will need Shaq for quite a few more games this year.

No Turbo next week means I play Alamoti and a crap back 5 but I knew this would happen.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:33 pm

Chucky wrote:
    Even Ricky complained Rolling Laugh

Should have worded “Ricky couldn’t wait to complain”

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:53 pm