NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    superbucks
    superbucks

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2016-02-06

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by superbucks Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:22 am

    my tv broke wrote:I went with welch in a round-a-bout way.

    Welch score good but i did hope he'd play around 60. I didnt think Bellamy would use King for the huge min role with Welch back.

    Smith might be a trade in for me after their bye. We'll see. I sort of hope he starts slow and Robbo gives him a fair rest. Risky though.

    I have Garner who is an obvious problem it appears.

    He got 58 mins which is thereabouts? (as a 50-60 min guy from 2021). Welch looked good you should be happy with that choice, I imagine he'd have majority ownership if he got a large discount, which ironically works in your favour if he maintains high scoring.

    That's the other thing I suppose, unless Smith scores big he'll be reasonably priced after his bye. If he's looking like 50-55ppg player he's a keeper from that point.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 26740
    Reputation : 18991
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:24 am

    superbucks wrote:

    He got 58 mins which is thereabouts? (as a 50-60 min guy from 2021). Welch looked good you should be happy with that choice, I imagine he'd have majority ownership if he got a large discount, which ironically works in your favour if he maintains high scoring.

    That's the other thing I suppose, unless Smith scores big he'll be reasonably priced after his bye. If he's looking like 50-55ppg player he's a keeper from that point.

    I am drink again i thought it was 51 haha

    Boosted a little by golden point.

    Anyway, i love how welch plays which was part of my 'pick players i like to watch' ethos
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 26740
    Reputation : 18991
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:24 am

    Loomer wrote:After Ciraldo prop comments what do people think Dogs forwards minutes will be?


    Four forward bench with an 80 min hooker. Anyones guess
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18699
    Reputation : 6627
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by mattnz Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:26 am

    Loomer wrote:After Ciraldo prop comments what do people think Dogs forwards minutes will be?

    Really hard to know. My total guess, probably biased.

    Sutton 50
    King 50
    Brown 50

    Pele 20
    Tanner 10
    Waddell 30

    RFM 20 EDG + 30 MID
    Preston 60 EDG
    Khany
    Khany

    Posts : 5526
    Reputation : 1935
    Join date : 2019-02-24

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by Khany Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:27 am

    Carty still leading the 'who looked good out there' leader board, followed by Ford.   Few more today...
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18699
    Reputation : 6627
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by mattnz Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:33 am

    Khany wrote:Carty still leading the 'who looked good out there' leader board, followed by Ford.   Few more today...

    Fantasy output for Carty was better than how he looked.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

    Posts : 1589
    Reputation : 990
    Join date : 2016-02-03
    Age : 44
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by ForanAgainst Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:38 am

    Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

    I thought exactly this yesterday and made the switch to HSS. Screw CTRs

    I made the same decision, as well as going Katoa for Martin. If I want 25 point scores, I’ll take them from a 230 player.
    BCT05
    BCT05

    Posts : 4443
    Reputation : 1826
    Join date : 2020-03-19

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by BCT05 Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:40 am

    Coming back to Tohu, I know changing guns around based on 1 week can backfire spectacularly but in this case it wasn't like Tohu scored a try or scored a bunch of points in a way that isn't sustainable. Of course 70 is his upper end so he had a good week but the role + minutes point to him probably being a safe 55 avg.

    I am considering changing Fifita to Butcher to free up some funds for him. I hate not having Butcher as it is. Rolling lockout provides an opportunity here and it could be harder to balance the squad once limited to 2 trades a week and likely fires to put out.

    Not sure if I will do it but just saying, it's not like we're talking about a WFB that scored a brace and had a boom game (which people have often overacted to in the past)
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 32857
    Reputation : 13178
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 39
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by wolfking Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:49 am

    Was Perham that bad in the trials? Thinking maybe Swapping Thompson out for him.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

    Posts : 2494
    Reputation : 3146
    Join date : 2018-01-16
    Age : 41
    Location : Dili, East Timor.

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by L-Jimmy Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:51 am

    ForanAgainst wrote:

    I made the same decision, as well as going Katoa for Martin. If I want 25 point scores, I’ll take them from a 230 player.


    That's the 6-points-in-80-mins deathknell right there
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18699
    Reputation : 6627
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by mattnz Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:51 am

    wolfking wrote:Was Perham that bad in the trials?  Thinking maybe Swapping Thompson out for him.

    Considering the other option to cover fullback was just pulled out of reserve grade, maybe hold that thought for now.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 32857
    Reputation : 13178
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 39
    Location : Brisbane

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by wolfking Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:54 am

    mattnz wrote:

    Considering the other option to cover fullback was just pulled out of reserve grade, maybe hold that thought for now.

    Ah....thanks boss.

    Or I play Talau instead. One of Talau or Thompson is becoming Trindall.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

    Posts : 1910
    Reputation : 1204
    Join date : 2021-02-27
    Age : 31

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by Welsh Mafia Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:01 pm

    Mulvy wrote:It seems I've left myself in a position where I:

    a) play Preston in my 17
    b) play I Katoa in my 17
    c) Put someone like BMM at 17 and take Warbrick's 29
    d) Play my final undecided cheapie at 17. Will be Talau if I want centre cover, but I'm thinking of passing and going without centre cover and targeting Bird in the next couple of weeks. Otherwise final guy could be Blore, Stone, Haas if named, AKP, Moale, Pele.

    Obviously if Preston is promoted in two hours, that's my decision. Otherwise leaning towards playing Katoa/waiting for Sunday team lists. Grateful for any thoughts.

    C
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by Guest Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:02 pm

    My pre game preview

    Spoiler:
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

    Posts : 1910
    Reputation : 1204
    Join date : 2021-02-27
    Age : 31

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by Welsh Mafia Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:02 pm

    wolfking wrote:Was Perham that bad in the trials?  Thinking maybe Swapping Thompson out for him.

    After watching TMM yesterday, I regret swapping Perham to TMM for sure.
    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 8454
    Reputation : 4770
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Your mums room

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by Krump Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:05 pm

    mattnz wrote:

    Fantasy output for Carty was better than how he looked.
    was thinking the same thing. Thought Doorey looked better tbh
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

    Posts : 8216
    Reputation : 6969
    Join date : 2020-06-28
    Age : 33
    Location : Gold Coast

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by Snatchpato Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:10 pm

    Alright Matt I think I'll jump on Preston. What's the worst that happens? He stays as a bench forward and makes 50k?
    superbucks
    superbucks

    Posts : 379
    Reputation : 80
    Join date : 2016-02-06

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by superbucks Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:10 pm

    BCT05 wrote:Coming back to Tohu, I know changing guns around based on 1 week can backfire spectacularly but in this case it wasn't like Tohu scored a try or scored a bunch of points in a way that isn't sustainable. Of course 70 is his upper end so he had a good week but the role + minutes point to him probably being a safe 55 avg.

    I am considering changing Fifita to Butcher to free up some funds for him. I hate not having Butcher as it is. Rolling lockout provides an opportunity here and it could be harder to balance the squad once limited to 2 trades a week and likely fires to put out.

    Not sure if I will do it but just saying, it's not like we're talking about a WFB that scored a brace and had a boom game (which people have often overacted to in the past)

    Who are you taking out for Harris? If you're correcting someone like Garner next week I can see why you're tempted.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12737
    Reputation : 5497
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by Rabbits21 Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:11 pm

    I think I’ll join Milchy on Uto
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

    Posts : 1910
    Reputation : 1204
    Join date : 2021-02-27
    Age : 31

    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 9 - Introducing Soni Luke - Sixty Minute Hooker

    Post by Welsh Mafia Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:12 pm

    For the #21 spot

    TU: Preston
    TD: I. Katoa

    I feel like i'm getting sucked into one of matt's 200 theories a year in the hope this is one of the 10% that pay off

      Current date/time is Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:27 pm