NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod!

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod! - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod!

Post by Milchcow Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:54 am

So if the question is "who will people tear apart their teams for after round 1" is Tohu Harris

I can't believe people are downgrading guns who haven't even played yet just to bring him in next week.
    Most people have someone like Haas/Carrigan/Tino./Tapine/Murray in that slot in their team, and as good as Tohu went last night, next week it could easily be the reverse.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod! - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod!

Post by Milchcow Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:58 am

I'm fine with my Ponga choice (unless he gets caught up in HIA protocols and gets rules out)

He'd just started injecting himself into the game when he got ruled out, and there was potential for points to come. There were also 2 dropped balls when the chance of attacking points was there if he'd held on (One dropped intercept and one knock on when it looked like he had a bit of space to work with if he'd caught it)  -2 points instead of +something adds up.

I am not pressing the panic button (unless he gets HIA'd, in which case I knew the risk but he'll have to go)
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:59 am

Milchcow wrote:
    So if the question is "who will people tear apart their teams for after round 1" is Tohu Harris

I can't believe people are downgrading guns who haven't even played yet just to bring him in next week.
    Most people have someone like Haas/Carrigan/Tino./Tapine/Murray in that slot in their team, and as good as Tohu went last night, next week it could easily be the reverse.
    Right on Milch.

I've got Haas Tapine Smith Sutton Uto EButcher Ford Katoa Doorey for MID/EDGs, I hardly need another.

My targets for first trade ins are either bolting cows I've missed, or Turbo R3, Teddy R5, Latrell ASAP (if he looks interested/dominant).

I like a bargain as much as the next person, but trading to Tohu doesn't make sense to me until:

- I get another look at him to make sure it wasn't just a random round 1 plan (or like Barnett/Curran/AFB had a niggle that stopped them playing longer or something).
    - I have a MID/EDG that needs to go for him.

If it suits the team composition I don't hate bringing him in though, just not for me at this stage.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:59 am

Milchcow wrote:

yes it's the fomo, anxiety & stress all rolled into one
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:01 am

Snatchpato wrote:Any chance CNK and Miller get their TS before Monday unlock? I know teams have been updated already but sometimes they add those in near the end right?
    Rabbits got the email id and the template if you want to fire up a strongly worded email
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:02 am

Just caught up to the last 30ish pages. Good way to spend a Saturday morning 😅

Left cleary out altogether. Saw he was captained by 34% but just didn't want him in my team at all. Got haas carrigan Murray (c) and tapine and just hoping cleary doesn't have a 90+ game early in the season. Then I'll make a decision on bringing him or hynes in pending when hynes returns and both players byes.

Was fun watching the Broncos. With Walsh to come into that line-up I think they can do well until either injuries hit them or Origin.

Harris was good but agree with the sentiment that it's just 1 week and you'll have other mid guns.

Huge day for my team with captain Murray and Trindal playing which are both PODish moves it seems.

341/6 so far.

Edit: was cheering when Hunt scored on the left wing for the Knights! Have him in nrlf, sc and draft based on him being on KPs preferred left side. Now just have to hope he holds the spot for a month atleast! Saw Marzhew had an injury but was there a time frame?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:18 am

Welshy wrote:

Some of these value edges will be nice upgrades

Curran interests me the most, Friz might be done as a force Sad

Knights were dominating us until Frizell went off. 12pts in 14 mins then unlucky HIA. Very unlucky owners
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:19 am

Milchcow wrote:

Agree, but this literally happens every year lol
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:26 am

Snatchpato wrote:Any chance CNK and Miller get their TS before Monday unlock? I know teams have been updated already but sometimes they add those in near the end right?

I think Chris Kennedy used to occasionally tell them (I think it's the NRL stats provider rather than fanhub) the really glaring errors, but he's not there any more.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:31 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    Right on Milch.

I've got Haas Tapine Smith Sutton Uto EButcher Ford Katoa Doorey for MID/EDGs, I hardly need another.

My targets for first trade ins are either bolting cows I've missed, or Turbo R3, Teddy R5, Latrell ASAP (if he looks interested/dominant).

I like a bargain as much as the next person, but trading to Tohu doesn't make sense to me until:

- I get another look at him to make sure it wasn't just a random round 1 plan (or like Barnett/Curran/AFB had a niggle that stopped them playing longer or something).
    - I have a MID/EDG that needs to go for him.

If it suits the team composition I don't hate bringing him in though, just not for me at this stage.

Yep, it's about composition, how many 60+ MID guns do you need to start a season? We've been gifted one in Hopgood. A lot of people will have two of Haas/Carrigan/Tapine/Murray. Not impossible that Cheese joins them. There are other areas that'll need more attention before the MIDs do.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:33 am

Milchcow wrote:

The thing that attracts me back to Tohu (other than this being what I expected all preseason, he is just back to normal after a down year post-ACL), is that he was running at better than 1PPM for the first 60 minutes, but was gassed at the end. Even if they had just had him run 60 minutes, he would have scored 60+. As he builds match fitness, he will be able to run the 80 with a full tank of gas for an 80+ score.

I can trade up to him from NAS easily.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:38 am

I don't think Miller will get a try save. Ponga was underneath and did all the work, Miller was just helping out on top. I don't think they like giving multiple TS for one play, and Ponga was clearly the main dude

Don't know how CNK didn't get one though
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:46 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Yep, it's about composition, how many 60+ MID guns do you need to start a season? We've been gifted one in Hopgood. A lot of people will have two of Haas/Carrigan/Tapine/Murray. Not impossible that Cheese joins them. There are other areas that'll need more attention before the MIDs do.

If tohu was still dual I’d be grabbing him for edge

Got carrigan, tapine and murray

Hopgood at edge and if I can add a 5th 80 min legend I’d be overjoyed
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:49 am

Getting the party started early as I have to go out for the day and couldn't miss this opportunity

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod! - Page 50 Giphy NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 8 - Hopgod! - Page 50 Giphy
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:53 am

517/8c carty, Luke and warbrick on the pine.

Not a broncos fan. But geez they defended well last night.

As a raiders tragic, watching cnk return to form was great to see. Going to be hard to watch the milk struggle with out a decent full back this year.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:55 am

Milchcow wrote:I'm fine with my Ponga choice (unless he gets caught up in HIA protocols and gets rules out)

He'd just started injecting himself into the game when he got ruled out, and there was potential for points to come. There were also 2 dropped balls when the chance of attacking points was there if he'd held on (One dropped intercept and one knock on when it looked like he had a bit of space to work with if he'd caught it) -2 points instead of +something adds up.

I am not pressing the panic button (unless he gets HIA'd, in which case I knew the risk but he'll have to go)

Did he even fail his HIA? I figured there wasn't enough time left either way.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:13 am

Milchcow wrote:I'm fine with my Ponga choice (unless he gets caught up in HIA protocols and gets rules out)

He'd just started injecting himself into the game when he got ruled out, and there was potential for points to come. There were also 2 dropped balls when the chance of attacking points was there if he'd held on (One dropped intercept and one knock on when it looked like he had a bit of space to work with if he'd caught it)  -2 points instead of +something adds up.

No rush on Ponga for me. He played exactly how I expected him to play when I picked him. Higher base from tackles and still the same attacking chances
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:14 am

If I owned Ponga then I would be feeling pretty good tbh. He looked dangerous all game and I can see him getting some monster scores. I held off on him due to not being sure how he would be in the halves the second time around but he is someone I am keeping an eye on.

I am a bit gutted I had Ford and Carrigan for so long in my team until a couple of days ago, but I will wait to see how the guys I replaced them with go before crying too much.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:15 am

Mulvy wrote:

Did he even fail his HIA? I figured there wasn't enough time left either way.

Was on the sideline with a card to come back on if the game had a stoppage for any reason. Should be good to go next week without needing protocols
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:16 am

Think Hastings is going to be a trade out for me.

Wasn't as ball dominant as I expected so he is probably a 40+goal kicking player rather than a 50+goal kicking

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:52 pm