NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 5 - Assemble the base price players

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 5 - Assemble the base price players - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 5 - Assemble the base price players

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:12 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

I’ve been eyeing all cowboys to see who I can get cos their draw and bye schedule is great, none seem to fit in currently, maybe if Hynes is out I can get drinky with the spare cash

Interested to see who the starting 2nd row is in Luciano absence

If I were to guess it’d be Hess and Nanai
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 5 - Assemble the base price players - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 5 - Assemble the base price players

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:17 pm

Krump wrote:
    You should add that you’ve edited your posts. It makes your posts make a lot more sense for those who are reading later and seeing the stick that you cop for the original one.
    Saying player A is a keeper all season with no reasoning and such conviction just makes no sense.
    Have a look at his bye draw and my unedited post. No origin, plays 2 origin rounds. Not my fault if you can't follow basic logic. 

Guys like Haas, Carrigan and Cotter will most likely get traded out, when they are missing key rounds and having their workloads managed. Tapine doesn't need to be traded out all season and Papali'i will be missing for 2 bye rounds, so every chance he goes huge in those important rounds, when he is a captaincy option.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:17 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I dont see why Stone would be the first sub either. Classic bennett is another big bopper on after 20. 

Stone plays maybe 30 mins ?

Even if we are wrong and Stone does play 60 minutes he'd still be <300k with a negative breakeven. I'd rather wait and see with a bench guy when the downside is a dead spot not making cash and scoring 15 points a week
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:21 pm

I’ve been eyeing all cowboys to see who I can get cos their draw and bye schedule is great, none seem to fit in currently, maybe if Hynes is out I can get drinky with the spare cash

Hess looks to have the role sewn up until Dunn and Luki are fit. Quite possible that gosi comes off the bench with Hess moving to MID tho.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:32 pm

Not thrilled about having Tedesco but seriously backed into a corner with the lack of WFB options this year and he brings some certainty, even if he isn't value. Seems too risky running CNK, TMM, Miller, Warbrick. Is anyone running the gauntlet and not starting with a gun WFB?
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:33 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Even if we are wrong and Stone does play 60 minutes he'd still be <300k with a negative breakeven. I'd rather wait and see with a bench guy when the downside is a dead spot not making cash and scoring 15 points a week

I love this comment. Simple, wise, and arresting.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:45 pm

Not disliking Drinkwater as a cheeky little POD option given their games... type of dude you could have all the way to R15
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:51 pm

WT2K wrote:

So... What you're saying is... I should not only pick Teig in my team, I should also captain him?

Watched a movie called Women Talking, lord give me strength, I should have read the title and hit delete.

Round 1 captain, u could stride into the end of week 1 in 1st possie

Last edited by Revraiser on Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited post btw)
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:52 pm

ytsb wrote:Not thrilled about having Tedesco but seriously backed into a corner with the lack of WFB options this year and he brings some certainty, even if he isn't value. Seems too risky running CNK, TMM, Miller, Warbrick. Is anyone running the gauntlet and not starting with a gun WFB?

I managed to make a team with teddy but overall depth of my squad felt a bit thin. If Walsh is fit I'll prob take him over teddy and use the cash to upgrade elsewhere
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:53 pm

User Name wrote:

I have always enjoyed posts from you and the guys right back to the sportal days!
    Good to see you posting more.

Thanks mate, I always appreciate a bit of egging on. Sensitive lad deep down and all.

Did u reset ur username in recent years or love the lurk ?

Last edited by Revraiser on Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:54 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Have a look at his bye draw and my unedited post. No origin, plays 2 origin rounds. Not my fault if you can't follow basic logic. 

Guys like Haas, Carrigan and Cotter will most likely get traded out, when they are missing key rounds and having their workloads managed. Tapine doesn't need to be traded out all season and Papali'i will be missing for 2 bye rounds, so every chance he goes huge in those important rounds, when he is a captaincy option.

Whats different about Tapine this year vs last?
    If he scores 40s again to start the year is the plan to sell again?
    Let us know when you sell again please because he went on to average 60+ for the rest of the year haha
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:11 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

That is why the extra bye rounds make fantasy better. There is less room remaining for jumping on the bandwagon after the smoky has bolted. Better risk reward outcomes. You may jump on the latest cheapie but you may also feck your next bye round in the process.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:14 pm

ytsb wrote:Not thrilled about having Tedesco but seriously backed into a corner with the lack of WFB options this year and he brings some certainty, even if he isn't value. Seems too risky running CNK, TMM, Miller, Warbrick. Is anyone running the gauntlet and not starting with a gun WFB?
    When I was looking at my side and who I was most concerned about missing to start the season, teddy was number 1 on the list, against Dolphins then warriors. Now have him in the side which balances it a lot
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:17 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

That is why the extra bye rounds make fantasy better. There is less room remaining for jumping on the bandwagon after the smoky has bolted. Better risk reward outcomes. You may jump on the latest cheapie but you may also feck your next bye round in the process.
    I am expecting teams to be really similar around origin time, as some players are just far better options than others due to the byes. There will be a core of about 15 players that everyone will converge on at the same time.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:23 pm

I am more worried about not having Latrell than Tedesco. They are both good options but I think Latrell has got room to finally realise his potential while Tedesco has probably peaked in terms of his capacity already
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:28 pm

mattnz wrote:

if you want have a shot at the few who’ve listened to you objectively and tried to help have at it bud.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:29 pm

Every source I've seen says Hess btw. I actually have Hess at FRF in my sc team but wouldn't consider in nrlf.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:30 pm

mattnz wrote:

You've made a great case for trading an Origin prop to Tapine after Canberra's bye. Not our fault you can't follow your own logic

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:39 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

You've made a great case for trading an Origin prop to Tapine after Canberra's bye. Not our fault you can't follow your own logic

That’s actually a good point. I might put the less owned Haas in for Tapine and get him in after round 9. Cheers
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:59 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Watched a movie called Women Talking, lord give me strength, I should have read the title and hit delete.

Round 1 captain, u could stride into the end of week 1 in 1st possie

Locked in!

…..the movie that is, you don’t seem confident on Teig

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:25 pm