NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:44 pm

    Bullbender wrote:Very late but just realised i need a few more for my league 104449. Ill reduce numbers and ill jump in yours eaglestar if theres still a spot

    Joined.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 1680
    Reputation : 921
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by Simon Templar Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:55 pm

    Trajan wrote:



    I'm in and thank you.

    Hey @Trajan

    Could you please join the VSDT FOG group. I sent you the code in a PM. Cheers.
    .
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13888
    Reputation : 4821
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by White Lightning Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:24 pm

    play sutton or utoi cheers
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 4304
    Reputation : 1841
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by StuDogg101 Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:33 pm

    White Lightning wrote:play sutton or utoi cheers

    I'd risk Sutton personally
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 1680
    Reputation : 921
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by Simon Templar Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:07 pm

    .
    Does anyone know who owns the team BALGOWNIE TIGERS in our VSDT FOG group?
    easytiger
    easytiger
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022
    Posts : 4384
    Reputation : 5330
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : Te Waipounamu

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by easytiger Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:54 pm

    Is anyone able to give me a brief overview of how BE calculations work in VSDT?
    Is the calculation a simple one like for SC?

    I'm guessing prices don't shift until after 3 games?
    Thanks
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 1680
    Reputation : 921
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by Simon Templar Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:50 pm

    easytiger wrote:Is anyone able to give me a brief overview of how BE calculations work in VSDT?
    Is the calculation a simple one like for SC?

    I'm guessing prices don't shift until after 3 games?
    Thanks

    To the best of my knowledge, the price-change procedures and formulae for SC and VSDT are the same.

    @Milchcow should be able to confirm.
    .
    code delta
    code delta

    Posts : 3274
    Reputation : 1745
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by code delta Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:59 pm

    easytiger wrote:

    I'm guessing prices don't shift until after 3 games?

    That's  right. So you want to make changes before then.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 24641
    Reputation : 17056
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:18 pm


    Yeah Sportsdeck and Supercoach use the same algorithm to change prices. The scores themselves obviously vary between the 2 comps but the price mechanism is otherwise the same
    easytiger
    easytiger
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022
    Posts : 4384
    Reputation : 5330
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : Te Waipounamu

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by easytiger Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:31 am

    Simon Templar wrote:

    To the best of my knowledge, the price-change procedures and formulae for SC and VSDT are the same.

    code delta wrote:
    That's  right. So you want to make changes before then.

    Milchcow wrote:
    Yeah Sportsdeck and Supercoach use the same algorithm to change prices.  The scores themselves obviously vary between the 2 comps but the price mechanism is otherwise the same

    Thank you all.
    I noticed some similarities (specific points scoring metrics aside), but it is great to have it confirmed.

    I wonder if SportsDeck actually provide the core development for SC.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 1680
    Reputation : 921
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by Simon Templar Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:34 am

    easytiger wrote:





    Thank you all.
    I noticed some similarities (specific points scoring metrics aside), but it is great to have it confirmed.

    I wonder if SportsDeck actually provide the core development for SC.

    Yes. SC and VSDT/Sportsdeck are both developed and maintained by the same company, i.e. Vapor Media/Virtual Sports (NB: VSDT = Virtual Sports Dream Team).
    .
    Jele
    Jele

    NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020
    Posts : 2328
    Reputation : 1232
    Join date : 2015-12-25

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by Jele Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:22 am

    Struggling to pick out a trade this week.  It feels odd not to trade in the first two weeks before price rises kick in, but not sure I want any of the top predicted money makers who are not already in my team...
    easytiger
    easytiger
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022
    Posts : 4384
    Reputation : 5330
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : Te Waipounamu

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by easytiger Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:13 am

    Jele wrote:Struggling to pick out a trade this week.  It feels odd not to trade in the first two weeks before price rises kick in, but not sure I want any of the top predicted money makers who are not already in my team...

    Think I might be going all in on 3 trades if I can figure out reasons...

    What I love about playing SC and now VSDT for the first time in years (they were the original NRL Fantasy platform eh?) is that I'm keen to play a much more aggressive game, whereas NRL Fantasy is often a bit of a defensive mindset
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.
    Posts : 10375
    Reputation : 7087
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by No Worries Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:17 am

    I'm feeling a bit the same. There are so obvious money makers I can bring in but nobody who will play in the 17 and their price isn't going to rise. But the trap is a few injuries this week and your trade list is over loaded next week. Better to get them in while you can and if all goes well you will still save trades in the next week or 2.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 2315
    Reputation : 430
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by Clack Bocks Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:56 am

    Going to bring in tohu in at the expense of losing ted.

    May regret later but tohu too good to miss out and my bench is too weak to carry the loss of keppie on the bye, and don't really want to sideways trade another forward.
    easytiger
    easytiger
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022
    Posts : 4384
    Reputation : 5330
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : Te Waipounamu

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by easytiger Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:05 am

    I've settled on 2 trades.
    TMM -> HTF could be sideways, but it seems more fun
    Grant -> Carty - I guess there's increased risk in this format, given price rises only really happen after 3 games. Still, there's a chance Carty retains a role.
    I might get cold feet and pivot to a Ford etc who also has some questions when the Warriors have a match fit Curran, Tevaga etc

    I assume that the SC Captaincy loop is in play for VSDT (looks like it from what I can see in the help)
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 1680
    Reputation : 921
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:01 pm

    easytiger wrote:

    Think I might be going all in on 3 trades if I can figure out reasons...

    What I love about playing SC and now VSDT for the first time in years (they were the original NRL Fantasy platform eh?) is that I'm keen to play a much more aggressive game, whereas NRL Fantasy is often a bit of a defensive mindset

    Yes, VSDT was the original fantasy game on NRL.com up to and including 2014. Fanhub was given the NRL.com contract in 2015 and NRL Fantasy was born.

    Luckily for about 3,000 VSDT diehards, Vapor Media/Virtual Sports has kept NRL Dream Team alive through their Sports Deck platform.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 1680
    Reputation : 921
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:11 pm

    easytiger wrote:I've settled on 2 trades.
    TMM -> HTF could be sideways, but it seems more fun
    Grant -> Carty - I guess there's increased risk in this format, given price rises only really happen after 3 games. Still, there's a chance Carty retains a role.
    I might get cold feet and pivot to a Ford etc who also has some questions when the Warriors have a match fit Curran, Tevaga etc

    I assume that the SC Captaincy loop is in play for VSDT (looks like it from what I can see in the help)

    I only play VSDT, so I only have a basic understanding of how SC (and NRLF) work, but my understanding is that the mechanics of SC are the same as in VSDT.

    To the best of my knowledge, the main differences between SC and VSDT are: the scoring systems, the player prices and salary caps, and a slightly different classification of the player positions.

    Other members (who are experienced at playing both SC and VSDT) would have a better insight than me.
    .
    Jele
    Jele

    NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020
    Posts : 2328
    Reputation : 1232
    Join date : 2015-12-25

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by Jele Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:01 pm

    Um, what's the SC Captaincy loop?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 24641
    Reputation : 17056
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Sportdesk VSDT 2023 - Page 4 Empty Re: Sportdesk VSDT 2023

    Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:51 pm

    Jele wrote:Um, what's the SC Captaincy loop?

    Both SC and SPortsdeck have the same loop

    Put the VC on someone who plays earlier in the round.

    If they kill it, put a non-player into your starting team and make them captain. Your VC will then get doubled.
    Downside is that you have to sub someone out of your 17 to get the red dot as captain, and they'll be replaced by an AE - lowest positive score out of all your NPRs. So in order to be effective you need either a massive score from your VC, or to be very confident that your lowest NPR score isn't all that bad.


      Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:49 am