NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1  - Just open up already - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:04 pm

easytiger wrote:

Yeah, Tanah Boyd might not be mentioned again this pre-season...

I think the general expectation is;
    1.Campbell, 6.Brimson, 7.Foran

bump
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1  - Just open up already - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 1 - Just open up already

Post by Honey Badger Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:15 pm

White Lightning wrote:

new club will take time to gel with new team mates, new style of play, etc & he won't be gk & won't be kicking in general play so it's a wait & see for me.

Yeah not sure about Walsh without the kicking.
    Actually unsure about the whole wfb position.
    Teddy - gun but expensive
    Latrell - gun but expensive plus tough draw
    Papy - fitness?
    Turbo - fitness?
    Ponga - fitness?
    Miller - not released
    CNK - plays for the Warriors
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:31 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

Papy - fitness?
    Turbo - fitness?
    Ponga - fitness?
    Miller - not released
    Yep its really tough this year.

I'm personally stearing clear of both Ponga and Turbo this year unless obvious buy signals.

For mine the way to start the season is either a super cheap backline (basically all CTR/WFB as cashies) or you go Bird/Teddy to lock down two probable #1 guns in their respective positions, and find more value in the mid-range forwards on offer.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:33 pm

WT2K wrote:Some Titans info from courier mail:

Spine to start the year will be: 1 brimson 6 Foran 7 Boyd 9 Verrills.

Boyd will play on the right side next to fellow Keebra Park product and close friend David Fifita, who he has a longstanding combination with.
    Foran, 32, will start on his preferred left edge next to rising backrower Beau Fermor.
    Fermor much more interesting in Draft now. Probably even some value in classic too. Foran surely going to get the best out of him on the left edge.

Tanah Boyd looking like a great option (though not sure how long he holds the position with Campbell likely bashing down the door to play some FB and I can't see Holbrook dropping AJ or Foran...)
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:35 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

Papy - fitness?
    Turbo - fitness?
    Ponga - fitness?
    Miller - not released

i've got meaney, savage, hodgson atm but have cash for miller instead of hodgson if he ends up at the knights
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:49 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

Papy - fitness?
    Turbo - fitness?
    Ponga - fitness?
    Miller - not released
    Going to be tonnes of cheap value. Not planning to get any of the players above to start the season.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:22 pm

robelgordo wrote:FWIW still think he’s better than Jayden Campbell

I'll back you on this one
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:27 pm

mattnz wrote:https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-every-clubs-best-17-for-new-season-predicted-lineups-ins-and-outs/news-story/a9f19bd657dcbd4be0782292411b8e70

Predicted team lists, some of the more interesting ones are:
    NAS at EDG
    Moale starting prop
    Fuimaono EDG
    Hetherington EDG
    Metcalf HLF
    Pole Prop

I'm sure you know predicted team lists are just a random journo with no insider knowledge but with that in mind

Moale in for a decent jump this year and one to watch for me. Another full offseason with the first grade squad and time to grow into his body. I'm not expecting miracles but close enough to base and probably capable of scoring mid 30s

Hetherington is one that has been in my squad since the start. Scores well on the edge where he doesn't have the chance to make as many dumb decisions. Plus I think he is really talented and will show it once he locks down a starting spot
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:47 pm

Was listening to the Guru podcast and he was saying he doesn't think Sloan will keep the fullback slot for long and is likely a trap. They don't play round 1, and if he's not named in round 2 we now have a basically base price red dot right at the start of the season.

Anyone else concerned with what Hook might do with Sloan (or rather not do?)
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:48 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Was listening to the Guru podcast and he was saying he doesn't think Sloan will keep the fullback slot for long and is likely a trap. They don't play round 1, and if he's not named in round 2 we now have a basically base price red dot right at the start of the season.

Anyone else concerned with what Hook might do with Sloan (or rather not do?)

I'm not going anywhere near Sloan, he's just not that good and I can get other guys at his price with better job security (Gennings etc.)
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:07 pm

one 250k i'm interested in is lawton 250k edg...he's a really good player but the fact he's continually getting injured accounts for the price tag but if he inherits the d. walker role from the bench & is fit & stays fit he'll be great value
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:13 pm

White Lightning wrote:one 250k i'm interested in is lawton 250k edg...he's a really good player but the fact he's continually getting injured accounts for the price tag but if he inherits the d. walker role from the bench & is fit & stays fit he'll be great value
    i am a fan too, but listed as injured until round 4,
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:39 pm

White Lightning wrote:one 250k i'm interested in is lawton 250k edg...he's a really good player but the fact he's continually getting injured accounts for the price tag but if he inherits the d. walker role from the bench & is fit & stays fit he'll be great value

The other option for that role in Ben Trbojevic who if selected you could play at CTR
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:47 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

Sounds like the coach confirmed this. Meaning he'll pair up with Fifita on the right.
    Any half with Foran at 6 will get good kms, and the dual hlf/hk makes Boyd an attractive option

Hooker dual is definitely a big positive to go with that role and price.
    I obviously don't have much faith in Holbrook to stick with it, but that upside is probably worth the risk.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:51 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

bump

I doubt his ownership would be sitting at 0.5% if the general expectation was that he'd be the starting 7, but good on ya for the bump - you keep doing you my friend
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:53 pm

Wfb is a bit of a nightmare, half hoping Munster starts as fb rd 1 and gives us an easy one (if he gets dual)
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:29 pm

Apparently Sadrugu has been training at EDG, where he played for Fiji at the world cup. Listed at WFB after averaging 50 playing CTR in Queensland Cup last season.

With Lucy stood down awaiting a court date, Luki recovering from an ACL, Gilbert's edge is up for grabs. His only competition is Dunn or Gosi.

He could be the ideal player for the Luki role from last season, Dunn could play the Gilbert role, starting on the EDG, then moving to the middle. Would be a great option for Cowboys, also covering the backs. Lots would miss him if named on the bench for round 1.

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:50 pm

easytiger wrote:

I doubt his ownership would be sitting at 0.5% if the general expectation was that he'd be the starting 7, but good on ya for the bump - you keep doing you my friend

I will take that as a compliment amigo. I quite like being me. Who are you pretending to be?
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:58 pm

anyone think drinkwater could be a go for wfb, no bye til 15, and relatively easy run to start?
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:00 pm

mattnz wrote:Apparently Sadrugu has been training at EDG, where he played for Fiji at the world cup. Listed at WFB after averaging 50 playing CTR in Queensland Cup last season.

With Lucy stood down awaiting a court date, Luki recovering from an ACL, Gilbert's edge is up for grabs. His only competition is Dunn or Gosi.

He could be the ideal player for the Luki role from last season, Dunn could play the Gilbert role, starting on the EDG, then moving to the middle. Would be a great option for Cowboys, also covering the backs. Lots would miss him if named on the bench for round 1.

guy loves an offload!

is luciano stood down then?

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:44 am