NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 65 - No Papi :,(

Loomer
    Loomer

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 65 - No Papi :,( - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 65 - No Papi :,(

Post by Loomer Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:47 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Think I'm pretty set on:

Pap -> Doueihi
    Koula -> Gagai
    Mam -> DiFi
    Elliott -> DCE

Leaves me with 5 trades and this team:

Spoiler:

Any reason not to do that?

What's the point of Koula>Gagai rather than saving a trade. Koula already covers same DPP. Probably scores similar and not like you looping Gagai anyway. Elliot was the top Raiders scorer last game with 55 and that's his lowest score last 5. How on earth is he a sell now?

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 65 - No Papi :,( - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 65 - No Papi :,(

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:51 pm

Only one trade left. Doueihi in for Papy, like most.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:03 pm

Pap -> Doueihi
    Koula -> Gagai
    Mam -> DiFi
    Elliott -> DCE

Spoiler:

Do it
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:08 pm

Loomer wrote:

What's the point of Koula>Gagai rather than saving a trade. Koula already covers same DPP. Probably scores similar and not like you looping Gagai anyway. Elliot was the top Raiders scorer last game with 55 and that's his lowest score last 5. How on earth is he a sell now?

I disagree on this

Gagai is definitely an upgrade, he's not a CTR gun but he's a tier above Koula IMO. Has had some uncharacteristically low scores lately, but his historic average and ceiling much higher.

More importantly than all that - I'm sure the 134k he nets enables for the other 3 very strong upgrades

It would probably be better to get rid of Harris, Lolo or McInnes rather then Elliot, but Elliot to DCE is still a serious upgrade. Mam to DFifi huge upgrade and differential. Papty to Doueihi a no brainer.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:28 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I disagree on this

Gagai is definitely an upgrade, he's not a CTR gun but he's a tier above Koula IMO. Has had some uncharacteristically low scores lately, but his historic average and ceiling much higher.

More importantly than all that - I'm sure the 134k he nets enables for the other 3 very strong upgrades

It would probably be better to get rid of Harris, Lolo or McInnes rather then Elliot, but Elliot to DCE is still a serious upgrade. Mam to DFifi huge upgrade and differential. Papty to Doueihi a no brainer.

Yeah this. Koula to Gagai is arguably sideways, but the cash facilitates the other trades. Gagai with a historical average of 39 at centre with rock solid JS is good enough for me as a dual 18th man cover, especially for someone who was over 700k earlier in the year. I will loop him too.

As you say, would rather sell Lolo or McInness than Elliott ideally, but can't afford them to DCE so Elliott is the sacrifice unfortunately. Would rather keep him, but still a 10 point upgrade at minimum getting DCE (I hope).
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:30 pm

Contacted Fantasy about Casey and To'a not getting dual, laid out the whole argument to why they probably should politely, this is the response I got:

"Thanks for contacting us.

You are through to the NRL Fantasy team. Positional changes are determined by the NRL.

Please use the link below to contact the NRL directly:

https://www.nrl.com/contact-us

Kind regards,
    NRL Support - AM"

Bloody useless. Not sure what I expected though.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:32 pm

Going Pap to Doueihi leaves me with 580k ITB and 0+4 trades left. Seems a bit crazy to have that much ITB. What do you guys think?

Could get Ted instead, leaving 388k ITB. Intending to trade either or both of Lee/Mam next week, injuries depending, or could trade Manu/Ofa instead of Mam if I needed the cash.

Team before trade this week:

I have no hooker or mid cover, and only edge cover is Tago (which kind of gives me mid cover too, but I'd rather not start him).

Maybe I should just get Grant this week, and just 1 trade next week of Lee to Murray to save a trade and have cover, just don't love Manu at WFB.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Last edited by FaringdonSwirl on Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:32 pm

Pap -> Doueihi
    Koula -> Gagai
    Mam -> DiFi
    Elliott -> DCE

Spoiler:

I like it a lot bounce
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:34 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Yeah this. Koula to Gagai is arguably sideways, but the cash facilitates the other trades. Gagai with a historical average of 39 at centre with rock solid JS is good enough for me as a dual 18th man cover, especially for someone who was over 700k earlier in the year. I will loop him too.

As you say, would rather sell Lolo or McInness than Elliott ideally, but can't afford them to DCE so Elliott is the sacrifice unfortunately. Would rather keep him, but still a 10 point upgrade at minimum getting DCE (I hope).

I think it’s 4 good trades and with 5 left after, you’re in a good spot to cover injuries and maybe make some gun-to-gun sideways moves later
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:40 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:Going Pap to Doueihi leaves me with 580k ITB and 0+4 trades left. Seems a bit crazy to have that much ITB. What do you guys think?

Could get Ted instead, leaving 388k ITB. Intending to trade either or both of Lee/Mam next week, injuries depending, or could trade Manu/Ofa instead of Mam if I needed the cash.

I have no hooker or mid cover, and only edge cover is Tago (which kind of gives me mid cover too, but I'd rather not start him).

Maybe I should just get Grant this week, and just 1 trade next week of Lee to Murray to save a trade and have cover, just don't love Manu at WFB.

It’s only crazy if you plan to save those 4 trades for weeks, seems like you might use 1-2 in R21 thought to exhaust a bit of that bank?
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:03 pm

robelgordo wrote:

It’s only crazy if you plan to save those 4 trades for weeks, seems like you might use 1-2 in R21 thought to exhaust a bit of that bank?

Yeah I guess I'm wondering how many we need for the run home, and if running with 2 is a bit reckless. It's quite a lot to spend on 1 upgrade, and would likely be running without one of Mid or Hok cover.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:08 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:Going Pap to Doueihi leaves me with 580k ITB and 0+4 trades left. Seems a bit crazy to have that much ITB. What do you guys think?

I think that's reasonable, Pap to Doueihi is a good trade regardless of bank IMO.

Then 580k next week to spread out between Mam, Lee and maybe Ofa is solid. As others said, it's only crazy if you leave it sitting in the bank for weeks, if you make those upgrades next week then fair enough.
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:29 pm

Going to pass on Tedesco to save a trade.

Kiraz -> Latrell
    Koula -> Doueihi
    Havili -> Cook

Leaves me with:
    Grant
    Haas iPap Tohu
    Crichton Elliot
    Cleary DCE
    Burton Aitken
    Latrell Hynes Doueihi

Cook Lolo Barnett Ming
    Bird RFM Kennedy Volkman

Next week will hopefully go 2 of Barnett/Ming/Lolo and 1 of 18-21 to Murray, TBD ~600k-700k and a cashout.
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:29 pm

Rumours going around that Storm are trying to sign Walsh for the rest of the season from the Warriors. Probably all just speculation fuelled by his benching but might be one to keep an eye on
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:36 pm

Daedalus wrote:Rumours going around that Storm are trying to sign Walsh for the rest of the season from the Warriors. Probably all just speculation fuelled by his benching but might be one to keep an eye on
    That would be spicy indeed
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:55 pm

Daedalus wrote:Rumours going around that Storm are trying to sign Walsh for the rest of the season from the Warriors. Probably all just speculation fuelled by his benching but might be one to keep an eye on

Not a fan of this new trend (TPJ last year, Lodge with the Roosters this year, now this). However, it would be interesting to watch.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:55 pm

I hope Walsh is a late starter at fullback or even in the halves.

Really gives me the shits he was starting to put together some good scores before he got Covid, came back with a shit score and now he's benched.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:58 pm

Loomer wrote:

Not getting either this week but will be monitoring closely. I think Carrigan outscores Haas for rest of season

Agree, plus I think carrigan plays more minutes weekly

The nature of haas injury as far as reports go is it’s managed pain, week to week, don’t see how he’ll be as effective

I could be wrong but given the choice I’d take carrigan
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:00 pm

Pap -> Doueihi
    Koula -> Gagai
    Mam -> DiFi
    Elliott -> DCE

Spoiler:

This looks very good
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:01 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Not a fan of this new trend (TPJ last year, Lodge with the Roosters this year, now this). However, it would be interesting to watch.

Players leaving early for a club they already have a contract with is one thing (eg Leilua to the Cowboys) although even then, by this point in the season its too late and they should be made to stick where they are.

But players leaving clubs out of finals contention to sign short term deals with top teams they wont be at next year is complete bullshit, and I can't believe the NRL allows it.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:02 pm