NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 65 - No Papi :,(

easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 65 - No Papi :,( - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 65 - No Papi :,(

Post by easytiger Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:10 pm

Lord of the Byes - A new king has been crowned:

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1976p100-lord-of-the-byes-2#640327
    UKJC
    UKJC

NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 65 - No Papi :,( - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 - Part 65 - No Papi :,(

Post by UKJC Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:13 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Pretty keen on Booth, Doueihi and Haas as 3 of my trade ins.

Latrell, Fifita, Curran, Hastings vying for the 4th.

Hastings gives me a 3 HLF bench
    Fifita let’s move Harris down to the bench for MID/EDG cover
    Latrell let’s me move Ponga down for WFB cover

I’ve not managed to catch up on all the games from the weekend yet. How did Hastings look at lock? Do you think he’s likely to keep the spot?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:18 pm

UKJC wrote:

I’ve not managed to catch up on all the games from the weekend yet. How did Hastings look at lock? Do you think he’s likely to keep the spot?

It’s a fair risk. Good to see he was named there again this week so that’s promising.

Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:19 pm

UKJC wrote:Hi guys,

Appreciate I don’t post in here a lot (spend more time catching up on the chat due to time difference/work so often miles behind & everything that people are asking are already replied to by the time I get up to date, will try get better though!) so understandable if no-one wants to help with advice but thought I’d ask the question anyway.

Currently sat 101 overall with 4(+4) trades to go.  

Got Barnett > Fifita & Mam > Doueihi locked in, then struggling to decide after that.

The two options I’ve got are:
    TU: Mahoney > Cook (leaves 0 ITB & 1(+4) trades
    TD: Mahoney > Murray & Rushton > Booth (leaves 90k ITB & just the 4 bonus trades).

Leaving a squad of:
    Grant
    Klemmer Haas iPap
    Fifita Elliott
    Cleary DCE
    Burton Aitken
    Hynes Teddy Latrell
    Cook/Murray Tohu Doueihi RFM
    Ramsey Booth/Rushton Koula Palasia

Plan would then be in a couple of weeks to  downgrade Koula to a cheaper backup centre and upgrade Ramsey to a final gun for position 17, with RFM 18th man, then pray for minimal injuries/suspensions.

I keep going backwards and forwards on the two options. First one leaves me an extra trade, but then no cash to assist with the final upgrade.
    Second option gives me that extra cash & Murray only averages 3 less than Cook for 109k cheaper, but is Booth going to be reliable as a backup hooker or could he be out of the team or benched in a week or two? This option also removes any ability to loop with getting rid of the only red dot in my squad.

Bit of a long post so thanks if you’ve taken the time to read it, and any advice is appreciated.

Cook for me mate. He’s an out and out gun and he needs to perform on the run home. Cash ITB is a worry but let that be next weeks worry.

Murray also just had a pretty bad KO, so who knows how good he is.

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:23 pm

bigbruno wrote:

Cook for me mate. He’s an out and out gun and he needs to perform on the run home. Cash ITB is a worry but let that be next weeks worry.

Murray also just had a pretty bad KO, so who knows how good he is.

Would go with this, Cook is out and out best fantasy hooker this season (unless you want to run Cotter there on return)

Murray taken some huge knocks and few similar scorers around his price
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:26 pm

Are we allowed to have three people from the UK posting at once? Is this allowed?!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:27 pm

filthridden wrote:Are we allowed to have three people from the UK posting at once? Is this allowed?!

I'll go back into hiding. Know my place.
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:27 pm

Welshy wrote:

Would go with this, Cook is out and out best fantasy hooker this season (unless you want to run Cotter there on return)

Murray taken some huge knocks and few similar scorers around his price

Agree with this, Cook feels like the right call and the cash could be made by Palasia to a 220k if you are really desperate next week for cash (and it’s only burning the trade you saved this week)
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:29 pm

filthridden wrote:Are we allowed to have three people from the UK posting at once? Is this allowed?!

We’re not here to take part- we’re here to take over. Mcgregor.gif

Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:30 pm

Welshy wrote:

I'm on about Friz being out with injury then Mann to to lock and Barnett edge scenario mate

Ahhh gotcha….carry on 🙃
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:45 pm

Expecting Bird back to Ctr soon, no way Mbye sees the season out without injury.
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:51 pm

Khany wrote:Expecting Bird back to Ctr soon, no way Mbye sees the season out without injury.

Was looking at Mbye as a potential centre cover cash out but don’t want to burn my last trade on him this week.

Basically base price and he’s had a banner in the past (long in the past)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:58 pm

For once my team gives me options for who to leave in EMG. How would you guys set up here?
    At the moment I have

Grant
    Haas, Ipap, Lolo
    Fifita, Barnett
    Cleary, DCE
    Burton, Bird
    Hynes, Doueihi, Ponga

Moses, Harris, Hughes, Matamua
    McInnes, RFM, Booth, Trindall

Would you move any of these guys around?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:03 pm

am I insane to be considering captaining Latrell in addition to buying him this week?

He is on an absolute tear the last three weeks and I don't exactly have faith in the Storm's defence to hold, especially not our right side with Walker Mitchell and AJ running at Seve and Wishart (or Anderson if they swap late). Add to that his goal kicking and the fact that I'm ranked at 3.8k and have been treading water the last few weeks, and I'm seriously considering doing it despite my better judgment.

First thought was C Cook or Cleary but you guys know I love a risky captain Very Happy
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:05 pm

Bethany_B wrote:am I insane to be considering captaining Latrell in addition to buying him this week?

He is on an absolute tear the last three weeks and I don't exactly have faith in the Storm's defence to hold, especially not our right side with Walker Mitchell and AJ running at Seve and Wishart (or Anderson if they swap late). Add to that his goal kicking and the fact that I'm ranked at 3.8k and have been treading water the last few weeks, and I'm seriously considering doing it despite my better judgment.

First thought was C Cook or Cleary but you guys know I love a risky captain Very Happy

Latrell went massive against the Storm last year if you want a sign.

If you want to go crazy he's as good a bet as any.

I don't think Cleary is an auto captain. DCE, Hynes, Cook all in the conversation, plus whatever PODs people want
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:08 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Latrell went massive against the Storm last year if you want a sign.

If you want to go crazy he's as good a bet as any.

I don't think Cleary is an auto captain. DCE, Hynes, Cook all in the conversation, plus whatever PODs people want

Yeah I remember he did well against us last year, and that was when we didn't have a right edge of reserve grade players.

As for Cleary captaincy vs others, I think the top three are him, Hynes and Cook, with DCE slightly behind them unless he's goalkicking.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:08 pm

Bethany_B wrote:am I insane to be considering captaining Latrell in addition to buying him this week?

definitely not insane, i think he will run riot too, not sure i'm courageous enough to do it though,

latrell is such a combustible player to do something like get sin binned/sent that makes him even higher risk

that said if i was 3.8k rank theres not much to lose, (not meant as a slight)

only 6 weeks left and could work out extremely well. bunnies been playing great and with cook and murray back i reckon they do put melbourne to the sword
    UKJC
    UKJC

Post by UKJC Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:10 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone, looks like it’s pretty unanimous to get Cook in and worry about funds for other upgrades later.
    If the worst comes to the worst I’ve always got the option of getting a Ponga or Leilua (if he keeps starting) in and then use Rushton to loop them with RFM for 17th position.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:11 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:For once my team gives me options for who to leave in EMG. How would you guys set up here?
    At the moment I have

Grant
    Haas, Ipap, Lolo
    Fifita, Barnett
    Cleary, DCE
    Burton, Bird
    Hynes, Doueihi, Ponga

Moses, Harris, Hughes, Matamua
    McInnes, RFM, Booth, Trindall

Would you move any of these guys around?

are you that low on mcinnes? i think he comfortably gets his normal 50 (tackles galore vs panthers), id have barnett in the loop as hes had a few shit the bed scores, plus he plays friday so youll know if RFMor booth will be the ones you want to put in,
    UKJC
    UKJC

Post by UKJC Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:14 pm

Daedalus wrote:

Agree with this, Cook feels like the right call and the cash could be made by Palasia to a 220k if you are really desperate next week for cash (and it’s only burning the trade you saved this week)

I did think about this with Palasia but then reading him to a 220k red dot would leave me with 2 red dots which makes me a bit nervy with only 4 trades left.
    If Suli is out for a while then a 225k Mbye in for Koula is tempting to free up a lot of cash and cover centres for me

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 5:46 am