NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 59 - Who let the Dogs into the winner's circle

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 59 - Who let the Dogs into the winner's circle  - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 59 - Who let the Dogs into the winner's circle

Post by Aardvark Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:34 am

Can I go Sexton to Hughes or Moses this week and pretend my desperate 'save a few bucks' trade didn't happen?
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 59 - Who let the Dogs into the winner's circle  - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 59 - Who let the Dogs into the winner's circle

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:41 am

Aardvark wrote:Can I go Sexton to Hughes or Moses this week and pretend my desperate 'save a few bucks' trade didn't happen?

Half my trades have that disclaimer..

*disclaimer: it’s actually more than half

Also aardvark there is a team named “the aardvarks” in my league who is killing it and I’ve assumed it was you all year. Do you have a brother aardvark on here I don’t know about?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:43 am

Billy and Lee will get over the 300k mark finally. Beautiful to see.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:47 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Billy and Lee will get over the 300k mark finally. Beautiful to see.

What about Ken Lee?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:56 am

Really appreciate the replies guys, some well seasoned guns coming to my aid here!

Chewie wrote:
    Well the guy in first currently has 6 round 17 players of which one is Matterson, so it may not be a bad idea to pick him up too. I would wait until after round 16 though, he has a high break even and May is probably better value than Koula & Ramsey in round 16.
    Unless you want to burn 8 trades between now and the start of 17 to get 14 players on the field for the bye round.
    Yeah Matterson would likely be my last tradein for R17 players. Maybe a sneaky Twal if they throw him some ridiculous minutes. May definitely is better cover, but it seems a waste to have 550k sitting on the pine every week. Waiting the extra round in either case is probably a good idea though. I would never, ever burn 8 trades between now and 17. Ive only got 5 Laugh

rhinoceroo wrote:

May's putting up keeper centre scores isn't he? I mean, who else is out there who's that much, worth-a-trade, better than him to pair with Burton?

I have one centre too many, so likely going Tago to Papi next week, which puts May into the centre alongside Burton. Because I still have Vailea can run permanent centre shenanigans between May and Koula in 20/21, though I'd imagine that will mean taking May's score most of the time. If I had the trades would *maybe* switch Koula for a high-ceiling R17 guy (Ramien/Suli), but doesn't seem worth it when running low for one extra score.

*Edit* I see you have Aitken as second centre. Trickier decision, so the above counts more as general observation than your specific situation. However, maybe nuts but I'd actually consider selling Aitken if it's your route to an absolutely top-tier DCE/Murray/Cook gun, but I don't know your bank and trades situation. (And I'd probably consider it then decide against it, but just throwing it out there.)

Yeah, because May is surplus to my centre needs with both Burton and Aitken. This might sound stupid, but I actually never even considered selling Aitken. The extra cash allows for some wiggleroom too- I could bring in both Matterson and DCE  Fap . But unless there is some kind of announcement (re: concussions) to force my hand on that, im not sure I can trade a healthy Aitken, he outscores May if he’s fit.

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Personally I'd be looking to move May on and get an extra gun on the field for the bye. Ramsey and Koula are good enough for emergency cover. It would be nice if you had to play May one week and he scores ~10 more than Koula and Ramsey, but you could pretty much lock in a 50 from an outright gun in 17. Every point counts at your end

I think thats the conclusion that I have come to. I had envisioned doing some tricky looping shit with him, but im not sure its that likely he outscores my backs in any regular fashion as to make it worthwhile. He still holds a bit of value and with both him (or Aitken!) and Sexton outside my 17 it seems silly not to turn them into a gun like Matterson and get a spud like RFM out of the playing 17.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:03 am

Time to shop
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:20 am

Just a reminder team, there are other matches next weekend....dont be splashing that cash around for your R17 gun to get injured vs NZ, Samoa or Fiji.....

Patience young Grasshopper, the season is long....
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:24 am

Moanaman wrote:Just a reminder team,  there are other matches next weekend....dont be splashing that cash around for your R17 gun to get injured vs NZ, Samoa or Fiji.....

Patience young Grasshopper,  the season is long....

There are only rep matches next weekend so not really issue. Next NRL game not until 30th June
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:25 am

Anyone have the footy stats link to look at the trades teams have made and how many they have left?
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:30 am

Tago and Butcher to Moses and Carrigan feels like some good upgrades
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:30 am

DarkKnight wrote:Anyone have the footy stats link to look at the trades teams have made and how many they have left?

It's first heading at top now left of site name. Team Analyser
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:32 am

DarkKnight wrote:Anyone have the footy stats link to look at the trades teams have made and how many they have left?

https://footystatistics.com/team_analyser.php

I don't think it's updated for round 15, but you should be able to work it out.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:32 am

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

Half my trades have that disclaimer..

*disclaimer: it’s actually more than half

Also aardvark there is a team named “the aardvarks” in my league who is killing it and I’ve assumed it was you all year. Do you have a brother aardvark on here I don’t know about?

I think that's my old friend and the original aardvark, "Aardvark Ratnick', the only thing I am killing this year is my spirit Very Happy
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:37 am

Moanaman wrote:Just a reminder team,  there are other matches next weekend....dont be splashing that cash around for your R17 gun to get injured vs NZ, Samoa or Fiji.....

Patience young Grasshopper,  the season is long....

The reverse trades button is free. Trade for your life
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:41 am

Looks like the guy in number 1 only has a couple trades left.
    Was on 27 trades at the end of round 14
    traded out Aitken, Harris & Walsh for Cook, DCE, and RFM last round.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:49 am

I'd been outside the top 10k for most of the season but I've been maintaining a steady rise since R13 to get in the top 6000 now. It was looking dire but it's mostly just been fluking a lot to get back on track.

Ming and Elliott ascending to keeper level scores has been a big help instead of becoming another two trades I'll have to use.

A few POD's like Carrigan and Klemmer (Until yesterday) have fired. Walsh has put together back to back gun scores.

Savage has been a better cash out than I had hoped for and made a good amount of money in a short time. I've had Davey since R3 and only now is he starting to become a cash cow. Heck even Edrick might make some money now.
    Jack Torrance
    Jack Torrance

Post by Jack Torrance Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:55 am

Matterson is more expensive than I was hoping. Cant afford him :***(
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:57 am

Aardvark wrote:

I think that's my old friend and the original aardvark, "Aardvark Ratnick', the only thing I am killing this year is my spirit Very Happy
    . Hello my brother, yeah that’s me - getting nose bleeds up here and feel way way out of my depth, not long and I will come crashing back down I actually thought it would be this week with Sexton and Tago stinking it up, I’m just aiming to get into L1 if I can to count it a successful season.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:02 am

Chewie wrote:

Looks like the guy in number 1 only has a couple trades left.
    Was on 27 trades at the end of round 14
    traded out Aitken, Harris & Walsh for Cook, DCE, and RFM last round.

Fucking what?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:07 am

Conflicted what to do with Tago. He's definitely fallen off a bit, but he's still a fit centre averaging over 40.

Maybe it's just a hangover of so many centre injuries the past few years, but I'm reluctant to play centre roulette and trade him to a Manu/Graham/Ramien/Lomax/Mulitalo/Garner type who might average 3-4 points more than him if I'm lucky.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:10 am