NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

R13 trade discussion

Milchcow
    Milchcow

R13 trade discussion Empty R13 trade discussion

Post by Milchcow Mon May 30, 2022 2:20 am

R13 trade discussion R12_sc10

811 for the week. Pangai scratching hurt us. $176k in the bank so plenty of room to make moves.

Who are most urgent trade ins/outs.

Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

R13 trade discussion Empty Re: R13 trade discussion

Post by Cap'n Ranta Mon May 30, 2022 4:51 am

Trade this week - Personally think it's best to be rid of the following:

- Illias (inconsistent scorer you'd rather not play in the 17 that has likely peaked)
    - Lolo (only if not named. Not a final 17 player and the huge BE and inconsistent minutes it isn't worth carrying him)
    - Hastings (Think he's not a final 17 player and his injury affected scores mean he's bleeding the good cash he did make)

Players to Trade in This Week

Aitken- gun CTR keeper
    Butcher - maybe has enough cash left in him (bit risky)
    Garrick (Walsh/Campbell) - WFB3 until Papy Returns - big advantage
    Savage - potential cash cow and base price cashout
    Can't see any other real standouts. Think we'd be better off looking towards rd 17/final 17 players rather than grabbing the Tevaga/JJacksons of the NRL fantasy landscape.

Players I think we should keep:

- S. Chrichton (WFB 3 is such a lottery until Papy is back). Hynes (68.Cool, Papy (55) and Tedesco (54.9) are the clear keepers here.  The next best May, Mulitalo and Manu are a full 10 points lower (44-45) and Crichton (41) for the price of a trade isn't that far behind. If we want to trade a rd13 player like Garrick, Walsh or Campbell in I'm not against cutting him but I'm not sure any of these offer an extra trade worth of upside (apart from all having lower BEs). I personally have to play Kiraz currently as I traded Crichton early and a decent WFB3 is a massive advantage in the current landscape.

Players we want to be rid of next week:

Starling (has done his job nicely - likely to have a large BE - not a final 17 player)
    Tago (not a final 17 player - has done their job nicely - not much more cash to gain)
    M King (Don't need to cut him immediately but doesn't seem like a final 17 player. If he keeps 50+ minutes as a starter rather than a fill in I'd reconsider)
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon May 30, 2022 10:53 am

Contrary to the above, I think SCrichton is the most obvious trade of the lot. Has done his job after being underpriced at the start of the year. Isn't underpriced any more. Isn't a keeper centre, isn't a keeper WFB, isn't playing Rnd 13. We have Koula who is serviceable at the cover CTR/WFB 18/19 role that could have justified keeping Crichton going forward. Bin him for a Rnd13 scorer (Garrick, Walsh, Campbell) that we can subsequently move on for Papy when he's back.

Ilias and AFifita would be next on the list. Not exactly urgent trades but dispensable.

Would also consider (as I am for my own team) Starling to Butcher. Regardless of round 13 one's leaking cash and one's quickly gaining it.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue May 31, 2022 1:08 pm

If we trade out Ilias and Hastings (and don't get a HLF in return), that means playing Burton or Hynes in the halves

We already have a bunch of "keeper" CTRs, do we really need Aitken too?

Savage and RFM are now or never trades. Savage would have to be treated as a cashout - but Fifita to Savage could be worth it.

Main question is who do we want as WFB3 going forward. Are Garrick or Walsh the answer? If we don't think they are keepers (at least until papy comes back) then not sure they are worth it.

I think 2 trades
    Fifita - Savage (or maybe Saab)
    Crichton to WFB (Garrick/Walsh) (not a massive fan of Joey Manu/Jayden Campbell but they could be an option too)

3rd trade would be someone for RFM if we think he'll be worth it. But bit of a risk with TPJ coming back and injury a bit of unknown.

If we do want to ditch Ilias and Hastings, then Sexton is perhaps the best half option. but he does have 80 minute scores of 8 and 15 this year. How confident are you they won't come back very often.

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue May 31, 2022 5:50 pm

Manu always guns it over Origin with Teddy unavailable, doesn't he? Checks stats - avg 57 at fullback.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue May 31, 2022 9:35 pm

Jele wrote:Manu always guns it over Origin with Teddy unavailable, doesn't he? Checks stats - avg 57 at fullback.

IMO, if we trade Manu in it would have to be with the plan to be there for more than 2 weeks, and abse it off his longer term CTR performances
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue May 31, 2022 10:27 pm

I'm thinking SCrichton and Ilias to Garrick and Savage. Leaves a 360k bank and might be better used on someone like IPap/Haas soon, rather than another Rd 13 player.

JManu probably plays ~3 games at FB and then goes back to a low 40s average CTR. Garrick should have FB locked up for the season and I think will average more for around the same price.

Walsh is pretty tempting at that price too. Just seems kinda neutered to me from the nerfs and SJ. Must have bottomed out now though and would give us almost 500k in the bank if replacing Garrick with Walsh from the trades above.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:59 pm