NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 46 - Couldn't be effed during the game.

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 46 - Couldn't be effed during the game. - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 46 - Couldn't be effed during the game.

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 20, 2022 9:56 am

Revraiser wrote:

Makes me remember that time I think Ricky said in the media when he was coaching the Sharks that they were not using the whole cap and he got told to rescind or reword his comments.

So many players get overs, and contracts that are to long. A massive issue for me that almost never gets spoken about. The top players even say get a 3 or 4 year deal based on there current form, so often leads to the 3rd or 4th year being way overs as they play like Muppets once the money is locked down.

Problem is bad teams paying overs to get fringe rep players on similar salaries to actual rep player. Luke Brooks is on similar coin to DCE without justifying it with performance. DWZ apparently on 850k while someone like To'o or Tupou would be on 250k cheaper. These little over payments add up and is why teams like Tigers, Bulldogs, Warriors and Souths stay in the cellar for so long
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 46 - Couldn't be effed during the game. - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 46 - Couldn't be effed during the game.

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 20, 2022 9:57 am

Revraiser wrote:

This guy is a prime example. Has put no gusto into his every run for years.

Should be paid like a poor man's Tolman instead of a rep quality forward. Players like Woods and Tolman have a place in first grade but that place shouldn't be in your top 10 highest paid players
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 20, 2022 10:02 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:These little over payments add up and is why teams like Tigers, Bulldogs, Warriors and Souths stay in the cellar for so long

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 46 - Couldn't be effed during the game. - Page 16 Giphy
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 20, 2022 10:03 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Problem is bad teams paying overs to get fringe rep players on similar salaries to actual rep player. Luke Brooks is on similar coin to DCE without justifying it with performance. DWZ apparently on 850k while someone like To'o or Tupou would be on 250k cheaper. These little over payments add up and is why teams like Tigers, Bulldogs, Warriors and Souths stay in the cellar for so long

Boom, yeah exactly. And I know it's not easy, as clubs have to make choices with what's in front of them and swiftly. It's just rampant and doesn't look like stopping. Bad teams more exposed to it as they have to take what they can more often than not. DWZ is a great example, seriously how was that coin ever speculated let alone put on paper.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 20, 2022 10:03 am

B/L wrote:Duno what is with all the referring issues tonight on here , in the commentary box and on social media. Seems a lot of people don't know the rules of the game.

Just imagine the jerseys of the players were swapped in each case, and I'm pretty sure you'd have a different opinion of the refereeing
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 20, 2022 10:05 am

my tv broke wrote:

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 20, 2022 10:05 am

Should be paid like a poor man's Tolman instead of a rep quality forward. Players like Woods and Tolman have a place in first grade but that place shouldn't be in your top 10 highest paid players

Atleast with Tolman, imo, he is what he is. Hasn't tricked anyone, but Woods has/did. And also if they do end up on very low coin then that's fine. It's the imbalance with reputation determining there contract prices forever.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 20, 2022 10:07 am

Revraiser wrote:

Boom, yeah exactly. And I know it's not easy, as clubs have to make choices with what's in front of them and swiftly. It's just rampant and doesn't look like stopping. Bad teams more exposed to it as they have to take what they can more often than not. DWZ is a great example, seriously how was that coin ever speculated let alone put on paper.

I think this stems from signings being made by people with short term job security. The person coaching the team and the person offering the contracts should not be the same. Coach is looking for wins this week where the person managing the salary cap should be looking 1,3 and 5 years down the road
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri May 20, 2022 10:13 am

Revraiser wrote:

Agreed there.
    The other problem is the player managers - they have way too much influence over the team rosters (especially of the lower or struggling teams, like the Knights) - often if a club is trying to land a rep quality player, the managers throw in some of their spud players and force the club to offer contracts to useless players who happen to be in said manager's stable. This then becomes a self-fulfilling cycle, as the more powerful managers have a greater number of players on their books and can then push spuds onto teams, so the spuds want to sign with that manager etc. etc. 

I remember a couple of years ago, when DCE got the first 5+ year mega-deal, Freddy (or maybe it was Joey) said no one should be offered a contract for longer than 3 years. Once long-term deals came in, and the money was guaranteed, the players take the foot off the pedal at training etc. 
    Not sure what the clubs can do, because there's sure as hell not enough really good organising halves running around at the moment.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 20, 2022 10:13 am

Anyone listen to the Rugby league Guru podcasts, or to casual for some ?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 20, 2022 10:18 am

Yeah good points MS and Bludger. Sorry to divert so much with this topic.
    It's just certain players trigger it on field, just randomly any given weekend.
    DCE is an example of it working imo, puts in every game, whether that means winning or not in the end doesn't matter.

Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri May 20, 2022 10:27 am

Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Fri May 20, 2022 10:42 am

Such a brain dead comment!

Warriors aren’t cellar dwellers, they played finals footy as recently as 2018
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri May 20, 2022 10:47 am

Ooft. Just saw via Adam Elliots instagram he posted a story last night about Papalii's 250th game and Elliot said "can't wait to run out with ya brother"...
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Fri May 20, 2022 10:55 am

Starling is a sell right?

Seems he will only get 50 - 60 minutes for around 44 points.

Priced at a little more than that, will likely lose cash over the next few weeks and probably isn't even top 5 at his position going forward?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 20, 2022 11:01 am

ynot wrote:Starling is a sell right?

Seems he will only get 50 - 60 minutes for around 44 points.

Priced at a little more than that, will likely lose cash over the next few weeks and probably isn't even top 5 at his position going forward?

Will be selling after the bye
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Fri May 20, 2022 11:04 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Will be selling after the bye

Of course! I'm focusing on H2H, so not worrying about the bye rounds, keep forgetting about those.

Goodbye Tom.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Fri May 20, 2022 11:07 am

It's a problem. The better teams with the better coaches will attract players for less then their market value. It makes it that much harder for a poor team to become a good team.

I am not sure how it would work in the nrl but a draft would help even the talent but then completely kills all the grass roots development and jersey flegg comps etc so not sure what the solution is.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 20, 2022 11:11 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Ooft. Just saw via Adam Elliots instagram he posted a story last night about Papalii's 250th game and Elliot said "can't wait to run out with ya brother"...

So, Elliot was my big trade in for last week, was getting him no matter what, then he didn't play. So obviously, he was out with the flu. Now, it seems he's given it to the rest of the Raiders team. I'm guessing he was named at 18th man as he may have still been affected by the flu so Ricky just being sensible incase he needed another week out. Ricky loves him, so it's indeed strange that he would be dropped, so it's clear he wasn't.

Now someone posted a rumor he was starting lock I think, and now this? With Ricky saying he hasn't a full team, with Elliot seemingly over the flu, will slot right in and may play decent minutes. I may trade him in. Low BE and will get good minutes in round 13. Butcher I'm warming to but BE of 26, he's not urgent. Silly to take the punt and still trade him in? I know there was a lot of discussion generated last week (a lot from me I know) but why shouldn't one still get him this week after being so convinced last week? I know he may have lost the hooker role and question is, where does he fit in come round 14 but he still may be worth the punt.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri May 20, 2022 11:12 am

To Beth and Matt who were saying Peoples played 64mins off the bench when we played Brisbane two weeks ago just be aware there was no Tom Burgess, Nicholls or Sele that night, if they were available I don’t think Peoples plays. He will get some game time over this origin period but mightn’t play every week.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:30 am