NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 39 - How big is yours?

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 39 - How big is yours? - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 39 - How big is yours?

Post by White Lightning Mon May 02, 2022 7:39 pm

Wasn't May ineligible for the first couple of rounds re the consequences when he was protecting his team mates but they punished him anyway.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 39 - How big is yours? - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 39 - How big is yours?

Post by White Lightning Mon May 02, 2022 7:41 pm

Which 2 do you like as buys - Taumalolo, TPJ, Aitken. Cheers.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon May 02, 2022 7:41 pm

Parker ACL tear (partial) even more security for Koula
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon May 02, 2022 7:43 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

I’ll present the case as I am strongly considering

Currently 200k cheaper than he started the year at at 399k
    Historical much higher average at dogs
    Minutes on pitch and points scoring trending up
    Dual position and plays rd 13
    On eye test playing better in recent weeks (offloads, line breaks etc)

Basically the reason he’s dropped huge money is he was a big minute middle for dogs last year to bit part edge for first few games, it seems that Ricky has more faith in him in recent weeks and playing more (coincides with whiteheads absence)

If he has that "20 minutes at hooker, stay on at lock, come back for another middle spell later" role, I'll be interested. Has a fantasy-relevant offload game.

Thing to bear in mind - minutes maybe inflated by CHN HIA. Other thing to bear in mind - Ricky. But even with 50-minute 40s he could be useful.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon May 02, 2022 7:48 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

If he has that "20 minutes at hooker, stay on at lock, come back for another middle spell later" role, I'll be interested. Has a fantasy-relevant offload game.

Thing to bear in mind - minutes maybe inflated by CHN HIA. Other thing to bear in mind - Ricky. But even with 50-minute 40s he could be useful.

Agree there are huge question marks over job security and middles and edges is a competitive position for raiders, hence why he had limited minutes in the early rounds

You’re right his offloading style is what attracts me

Plus he’s out performing his other counterparts

He could easily be off the boil again, but I think I’m willing to gamble for possible upside, especially as I’m bringing him in for Leo Thompson in one trade
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon May 02, 2022 7:53 pm

Agree there are huge question marks over job security and middles and edges is a competitive position for raiders, hence why he had limited minutes in the early rounds

You’re right his offloading style is what attracts me

Plus he’s out performing his other counterparts

He could easily be off the boil again, but I think I’m willing to gamble for possible upside, especially as I’m bringing him in for Leo Thompson in one trade

Such a missed opportunity with the spelling of 'boil' there.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon May 02, 2022 7:53 pm

One last point I think of trading as timing the market type situation,

Getting talakai, may, tago, starling early is a huge boon in terms of points and cash generation

Obviously doesn’t always work out Blake taafe etc,

That’s part of what attracts me to Elliot- we know he is a much higher average points and price player and it’s looking that he’s trending up
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon May 02, 2022 7:55 pm

Jesus Christ, the guy in second has used four trades total :/

*Edit* last week's stats, mtvb site hasn't updated. But even so

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Mon May 02, 2022 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2022 7:57 pm

My issue with those utility or high impact players is they can sometimes score similar to backs
    Once you get a few in your team then you are risking getting a few down scores which can also effect their earning. Who knows how the coach uses them or if they get lucky with an injury and more mins.

Vs someone who went with a boring player which consistently scores the same each week
    Sometimes your team needs a couple tolmans to hold down a spot while you risk elsewhere

Tevaga,BSmith,Cotter,Mcinnes,MKing to name but a few
    2 scored well this week while 3 scored poor, by chance last week it was reverse

The elephant in the room is they might be cheap for a reason so buyer beware
    Gamble responsibly
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon May 02, 2022 7:57 pm

SeattleSupersonics wrote:
    Pookus McFly wrote:

Id say, Darwin heat.

What position does he play?

This deserved more love!
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon May 02, 2022 8:00 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:
    What's everyone's thinking for trade numbers going into and coming out of the bye period. (MS will be useful here...)

First thoughts is for 15/16 left after round 13, then use 10 or so between the byes, then 5 + 4 to both fix final team and account for injuries for the run home?

Obv would be better for the first number to be higher, but it won't be for me.

Still hoping to run pretty similar to most seasons with the extra few trades used on a bit of extra cash gen to start the year

21-28 left after round 10 depending on how trade heavy you have been (currently 22+4 for me). Max trading from 10-13 which leaves 11-18. Will then look to max trade or close to between 13 and 17 and run home with <5 trades

I'll still be targeting quality over quantity for the byes by locking in captaincy options but with a few extra trades safe for the run home I'll be going harder than ever

First bye seems the easiest this year so targeting that then pivoting into second bye keepers seems an okay strategy
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon May 02, 2022 8:00 pm

Boozecluez wrote:My issue with those utility or high impact players is they can sometimes score similar to backs
    Once you get a few in your team then you are risking getting a few down scores which can also effect their earning. Who knows how the coach uses them or if they get lucky with an injury and more mins.

Vs someone who went with a boring player which consistently scores the same each week
    Sometimes your team needs a couple tolmans to hold down a spot while you risk elsewhere

Tevaga,BSmith,Cotter,Mcinnes,MKing to name but a few
    2 scored well this week while 3 scored poor, by chance last week it was reverse

The elephant in the room is they might be cheap for a reason so buyer beware
    Gamble responsibly

Very true, you are hoping for their best rather than knowing that you’re getting 50+ each week
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon May 02, 2022 8:00 pm

WT Winfield wrote:
    Khany wrote:Damm, was considering Saab when Turbo returns

Just get literally anything else and put a pro-charged hemi in it

This too!
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Mon May 02, 2022 8:02 pm

I’ll present the case as I am strongly considering

Currently 200k cheaper than he started the year at at 399k
    Historical much higher average at dogs
    Minutes on pitch and points scoring trending up
    Dual position and plays rd 13
    On eye test playing better in recent weeks (offloads, line breaks etc)

Basically the reason he’s dropped huge money is he was a big minute middle for dogs last year to bit part edge for first few games, it seems that Ricky has more faith in him in recent weeks and playing more (coincides with whiteheads absence)

Thanks mate. I appreciate it.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon May 02, 2022 8:03 pm

Ill have to bring in two cows this week. My cash gen/team value might be the lowest of all the active teams in the FOG.

I’ll catch you Snatch Potato!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon May 02, 2022 8:06 pm

I'm going to have a good crack at round 13. At the moment I have possibly 11 (If Vailea keeps his spot and Nanai doesn't get a call up, plus injuries of course) and have 25 trades up my sleeve. Hastings looks like a must have but besides him, I could potentially get close to a full team. But have tried this before and lose 4 players in round 12 lol.

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2022 8:15 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Ill have to bring in two cows this week. My cash gen/team value might be the lowest of all the active teams in the FOG.

I’ll catch you Snatch Potato!

End of the day you only get points for your starting 17 you select
    Secondly I could have 4 guns in my NPR and you could have 4 red dots but both wouldn't matter on the day

I would worry less about earning and perhaps look at some cut price options that play the first bye
    Kill 2 birds with one stone, might make some short term cash and get some extra points

I say this every year but take the next 5 games (including the bye)

A 48pt bye player scores 240pts
    A 60pt non bye player scored 240pts

You get similar results from a cheaper player (Short term)

Disclaimer: they get injured or selected for origin but the first bye is a little easier to time with upgrades
    It's not exact or perfect but you don't have to risk much getting these players and some could end up keepers

TLDR: If looking at a player perhaps a slightly lower scorer that is bye friendly and DPP is the better choice

Last edited by Boozecluez on Mon May 02, 2022 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon May 02, 2022 8:17 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Jesus Christ, the guy in second has used four trades total :/

*Edit* last week's stats, mtvb site hasn't updated. But even so

The game is really just luck
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon May 02, 2022 8:25 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

End of the day you only get points for your starting 17 you select
    Secondly I could have 4 guns in my NPR and you could have 4 red dots
    I would worry less about earning and perhaps look at some cut price options that play the first bye
    Kill 2 birds with one stone, might make some short term cash and get some extra points

I say this every year but take the next 5 games (including the bye)

A 48pt bye player scores 240pts
    A 60pt non bye player scored 240pts

You get similar results from a cheaper player (Short term)

Disclaimer: they get injured or selected for origin but the first bye is a little easier to time with upgrades
    It's not exact or perfect but you don't have to risk much getting these players and some could end up keepers

TLDR: If looking at a player perhaps a slightly lower scorer that is bye friendly and DPP is the better choice
    I’ll probably just bring in Elliot and Koula this week. Hope for the best and expect the worst as per.

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2022 8:48 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    I’ll probably just bring in Elliot and Koula this week. Hope for the best and expect the worst as per.

Point is you can't do it all in a week or 2, I started at 20774 after the first round
    Took me weeks to fix my team, probably only happy enough with it now finally
    Cost me trades but rather than complain about my start or about choosing the wrong guns I chose to target players with upside and trust my gut they could make up the difference of not having Haas/Ipap/Murray/Yeo/DCE

We are only 1/3rd of the way, plenty of time
    Just have fun and don't worry about  'what it', 'should have' or things you can't control
    What you can control is choose the best 17, a captain and make 2 trades
    The rest don't stress over, the game is more enjoyable that way

You can be lucky or create your own luck

Starting team 20774:

Current team rank 669:

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:59 am