NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun.

BCT05
    BCT05

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun. - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun.

Post by BCT05 Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:32 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

I thought the point of owning him was to bury him in the 18-21, make cash and hopefully be able to loop him when he scores a hattrick.

Hynes, Pap, Teddy, Crichton and May for the few that have him means you shouldn't be willingly playing Coates.

Yeah that was definitely my approach with Coates from the start, I don't think I have had his score in my 17 once yet. But this week it is certainly a possibility as Taaffe and Koula are not overly appealing
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun. - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun.

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:34 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

The whole point of owning Coates is playing the average with him, you cop the low scores and the high scores instead of trying to play roulette.

The only exception to this is when you can loop him

I 100% agree in theory if I had a more reliable 17th man. Don't like playing any of them but think he's maybe the best of a bad bunch?

Do you back Taaffe, Thompson, or Ilias to do much better? Taaffe (14) and Thompson (15) both have lower floors than Coates (16) so far and Ilias (18) is about the same. At least Coates has the ceiling and a bit of form on his side.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:35 pm

wolfking wrote:

Again, I like the trade, something tells me to grab Starling and probably Coates for me.

Thanks mate. Have a feeling it'll be a game day decision, but leaning towards pulling the trigger at the moment.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:37 pm

BCT05 wrote:

Yeah that was definitely my approach with Coates from the start, I don't think I have had his score in my 17 once yet. But this week it is certainly a possibility as Taaffe and Koula are not overly appealing

Yeah looking at your options it's a tough choice. I was disputing the whole reason of owning Coates part to have him as a starting WFB.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:49 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah looking at your options it's a tough choice. I was disputing the whole reason of owning Coates part to have him as a starting WFB.

I'm not going to play the average on a guy that has a career average <30 for the position. Deep in the 18-21, loop when you can and hope he strings a few big scores together so you can cash out before the byes
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:53 pm

My other theory: I've played Ilias in the 17 three times so far for his three lowest scores of the season. I think I worked out that when I've had him in the 17 he's averaging about 19 and when I've had him on the bench he's averaging about 34. Surely he's due for me?
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:55 pm

Loomer wrote:I'm not unhappy about getting Talakai. I thought Broncos would have a plan to contain him. It was either get him this week or not at all. I think Warriors are going to dusted by Sharks next week. The Sharks draw is Warriors Raiders Titans Roosters Warriors Titans Dogs. That's why I decided to jump on
    This. 
    I'll admit that it was probably WT's (was it him?) post that outlined the amount of coin Talakai was likely to generate as well.
    The Broncos were primed for the game - in the post-match presser, one of the players mentioned that Staggs had a picture of Talakai in the dressing sheds - that's how you get a blockhead like Staggs focussed before a game.
    Coffee
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:59 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:My other theory: I've played Ilias in the 17 three times so far for his three lowest scores of the season. I think I worked out that when I've had him in the 17 he's averaging about 19 and when I've had him on the bench he's averaging about 34. Surely he's due for me?

I've thought this exact thing the last 3 weeks. Saying that, I have a shit 17th man too so my choices are as dud as yours. Not sure if I can put myself having Ilias in the 17 tonight though. Yet I'll feel the same about Nanai tomorrow.

Maybe Leo can snag some more minutes this week......
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:02 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

I 100% agree in theory if I had a more reliable 17th man. Don't like playing any of them but think he's maybe the best of a bad bunch?

Do you back Taaffe, Thompson, or Ilias to do much better? Taaffe (14) and Thompson (15) both have lower floors than Coates (16) so far and Ilias (18) is about the same. At least Coates has the ceiling and a bit of form on his side.

When those are your options for 17th man, then you should play Coates.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:02 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:
    This. 
    I'll admit that it was probably WT's (was it him?) post that outlined the amount of coin Talakai was likely to generate as well.
    The Broncos were primed for the game - in the post-match presser, one of the players mentioned that Staggs had a picture of Talakai in the dressing sheds - that's how you get a blockhead like Staggs focussed before a game.
    Coffee

I think you're referencing EasyTiger's detailed post?

I said something about two 45s makes around 93k and peaks. Three 50's makes 119k, still short of the goal and I can't see a CTR maintaining that.

The sooner he's back to his bench forward role that can fill in at SR or CTR if needed, the better. Too slow to keep up with a number of attacking opportunities against Tigers and was exposed on attack and defence last night. His two best runs were when they tried him closer to the middle.

Sharks tried to adjust when Broncs showed their hand early, but ultimately the Broncs strategy and execution was too good.
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:14 pm

There's 5 teams I follow, Pelicans in the NBA, Titans in NRL and NFL, Heat in the BBl and the Dockers in the AFL.
    The most recent season for each of them; Heat and Dockers within a win of the finals. Pelicans lose 4-2 in a very close series against the top seed in the first round, Titans knocked out after leading with 5 minutes to go and the titans in the NRL where top seed then got knocked out first game by throwing an intercept in the final minute.

It was really good watching the pelicans defy the odds but I don't know why I cursed myself by following so many success deprived middle ladder teams that always seem to choke when they need to step up. I'll always follow them buck fut it is laborious.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:16 pm

https://twitter.com/VossyBrandySEN/status/1519787686403653632?t=T9UE5BItVDGFNaNDGjYYSQ&s=19
    Riccio: I have mail that Brian To'o and Moses Leota will both return next week.
    Brandy: I wouldn't be surprised to see them both back
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:18 pm

Option a,b or c?

a) trade out Nanai and Burton, Tago at centre, Burton just doesn't look the goods this year might be time to cut the losses rather than hold on in hope, hold mann hoping he doesn't get shifted around so much
    b) trade out Nanai and Mann, Hold Burton in hope and get rid of Mann at his peak
    c) Trade out Mann and Burton, cut losses on both of them and hold Nanai for another week thinking mostly about cash
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:24 pm

WT2K wrote:https://twitter.com/VossyBrandySEN/status/1519787686403653632?t=T9UE5BItVDGFNaNDGjYYSQ&s=19
    Riccio: I have mail that Brian To'o and Moses Leota will both return next week.
    Brandy: I wouldn't be surprised to see them both back

Week of truth for May then. If he gets bumped out I don’t think I can hold 550k in reserves until Round 13

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:27 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Week of truth for May then. If he gets bumped out I don’t think I can hold 550k in reserves until Round 13

Hypothetical trade next week, worst case that was an amazing rund
    May to Tedesco about 60-80k needed

Best case they bench staines

Last edited by Boozecluez on Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:28 pm

FalconSloth wrote:Option a,b or c?

a) trade out Nanai and Burton, Tago at centre, Burton just doesn't look the goods this year might be time to cut the losses rather than hold on in hope, hold mann hoping he doesn't get shifted around so much
    b) trade out Nanai and Mann, Hold Burton in hope and get rid of Mann at his peak
    c) Trade out Mann and Burton, cut losses on both of them and hold Nanai for another week thinking mostly about cash

I did C.

So, relying on best available historical statistical data, do anything fucking else but C.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:34 pm

FalconSloth wrote:Option a,b or c?

They were the decisions for the community team this week if you're looking for a consensus. Team make-up probably a little different.

Community said fuck Nanai and Mann off, despite having AFifita as the only mid cover and he got scratched late.

I voted Nanai and Scritta out, but could've been begrudgingly swayed to punt Burton instead of Scritta because of the lack of mid depth.
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:34 pm

The last half I traded in I based it on his “floor” of 15 tackles, 80 run metres, 300km, and a couple of goals. Base of 40-45, and predicted 50+ average.

Following his 8 last week I am now trading out that half.

I’m trading him to a similarly priced half who has a base of 15 tackles, 80 run metres, 300km and a couple of goals. Baes of 40-45 and predicted 50+ average.

What could go wrong?
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:45 pm

FalconSloth wrote:There's 5 teams I follow, Pelicans in the NBA, Titans in NRL and NFL, Heat in the BBl and the Dockers in the AFL.
    The most recent season for each of them; Heat and Dockers within a win of the finals. Pelicans lose 4-2 in a very close series against the top seed in the first round, Titans knocked out after leading with 5 minutes to go and the titans in the NRL where top seed then got knocked out first game by throwing an intercept in the final minute.

It was really good watching the pelicans defy the odds but I don't know why I cursed myself by following so many success deprived middle ladder teams that always seem to choke when they need to step up. I'll always follow them buck fut it is laborious.

Try being an Everton, Cannucks and Warriors fan over the past 25 years. Sad
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:51 pm

filthridden wrote:

Try being an Everton, Cannucks and Warriors fan over the past 25 years. Sad

Ouch

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:23 pm