NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 34 - Nana Nana Nana Nana Nanai!

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 34 - Nana Nana Nana Nana Nanai! - Page 44 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 34 - Nana Nana Nana Nana Nanai!

Post by rhinoceroo Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:04 pm

mattnz wrote:
    MIDs that have huge work rates in Gilbert and Cotter also make a big difference.

Glad to hear the Cowboys revival is on account of the fringe players you own in your fantasy team rather than the key ones that you don't.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 34 - Nana Nana Nana Nana Nanai! - Page 44 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 34 - Nana Nana Nana Nana Nanai!

Post by mattnz Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:13 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Glad to hear the Cowboys revival is on account of the fringe players you own in your fantasy team rather than the key ones that you don't.

I don't have Cotter. They aren't fringe players, their work rate has been important in the resurgence. Other teams would love to have guys that can come in off the bench with their ability to close things down. Ricky would kill for them being on deck when Papa and Tapine are off the field.
    Shumway
    Shumway

Post by Shumway Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:17 pm

Looking good with 874, Pap and Aitken to come.

Happy with the decision to bring in LoLo and Luki over Haas and Taaffe.

Haas has been my ‘next week’ target for about 4 weeks now. With Randall shitting the bed, might make Grant the main target this week now.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:20 pm

mattnz wrote:

I don't have Cotter. They aren't fringe players, their work  rate has been important in the resurgence. Other teams would love to have guys that can come in off the bench with their ability to close things down. Ricky would kill for them being on deck when Papa and Tapine are off the field.

They've both been good. The Cowboys revival though has (I agree with Beth) had a lot more to do with Drinkwater. Chad and to a lesser extent Dearden were very predictable, similar and clunky. Drinkwater has a bit extra, as well as a useful short kicking game. The experienced guys (Holmes, Hiku, Lolo) have also stood up. Chad continues not to do much but maybe his presence helps, idk. Don't know what they're going to do about HTF when he comes back - he's a talent too but might not be what they need.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:23 pm

Boozecluez wrote:With a NPR bench of Penisini SCrichton Ilias and Koula someone had to go
    Can't have all that money tied up when others need upgrading
    Can only imagine some teams will have a heap of either cheap cows and middies needing upgrades next week
    Played May over him anyways
    That was your NPR bench??
    I hate you.
    affraid

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:26 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

They've both been good. The Cowboys revival though has (I agree with Beth) had a lot more to do with Drinkwater. Chad and to a lesser extent Dearden were very predictable, similar and clunky. Drinkwater has a bit extra, as well as a useful short kicking game. The experienced guys (Holmes, Hiku, Lolo) have also stood up. Chad continues not to do much but maybe his presence helps, idk. Don't know what they're going to do about HTF when he comes back - he's a talent too but might not be what they need.

I dont know why someone like gilbert gets more minutes than Hess and Neame put together. At least Payten has one thing right and thats playing Tolo longer. He starts being on the field more they start winning. Very simple
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:26 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Agreed on Drinkwater - I wish the Knights would make a play for him.
    He's got history with Clifford and was raised on the Central Coast - we could give him the no. 6 
    Anything will be better than carrying Clune the lame duck.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:28 pm

In case anyone cares - the Bludgers have Pappy left to play, 881 thanks to (C)hin, I.Pap & Moses (and the terrible Knights defence).
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:34 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:
    Agreed on Drinkwater - I wish the Knights would make a play for him.
    He's got history with Clifford and was raised on the Central Coast - we could give him the no. 6 
    Anything will be better than carrying Clune the lame duck.
    They have Milf from round 11.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:40 pm

mattnz wrote:
    They have Milf from round 11.

Choo Choo cheer
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:43 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:In case anyone cares - the Bludgers have Pappy left to play, 881 thanks to (C)hin, I.Pap & Moses (and the terrible Knights defence).

Nice work brother
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:46 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

I put the revival all on the coach,

He doesn’t buy any media bullshit, he has his principles and standards that he’s been preaching since his first press conference

He has had a clear vision and garnered the buyin from the whole squad

Yes he has talented vets and young guns but he’s getting the maximum from all of them,

Look how many rep players the knights have and they toss up minimal effort and adventure

Loving seeing the cows go well
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:52 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:
    Cowboys form is a direct result of Lolo's improved output and the Chad guiding the team.
    Many, myself included, thought the $ paid for an average half in the latter stages of his career was stupid, but his impact on Dearden makes him a great buy. Getting better service from Nanai and Luki also makes them more dangerous.

I always thought the, Todd Payten is a shit coach narrative was bullshit. What he did for the Warriors in a such a short time was notable. Lolo's return to form doesn't surprise me, three broken hands will ruin your vibe. I have to agree that Townsend and Hiku did not float my boat when we signed them. I was underwhelmed. But then I thought, Hiku is a solid defender and we suck on defence, particularly that edge. Then I thought, you know what? We haven't had a proper half back since Thurston. Then I heard about in preseason of Drinkwater, Gilbert, Holmes, Tualagi on the left edge, and I thought gee I like that.

I wasn't expecting the brilliance of Nanai. I knew Dearden has talent, but wasn't expecting him to be as good as he has been. You're right I think, Townsend allows for that. All the forwards better this year. Townsend and Hiku doing what they were brought in to do. I had an inkling Holmes would gun it there, he's been electric.

But yeah, they surprised me too. Can we put away the Payten pitchforks now?
    TherealTimSimona

Post by TherealTimSimona Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:54 pm

940/16 - Just got Pappy left to play hoping to crack 1000
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:58 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

I put the revival all on the coach,

He doesn’t buy any media bullshit, he has his principles and standards that he’s been preaching since his first press conference

He has had a clear vision and garnered the buyin from the whole squad

Yes he has talented vets and young guns but he’s getting the maximum from all of them,

Look how many rep players the knights have and they toss up minimal effort and adventure

Loving seeing the cows go well

Yep, all of this.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:09 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Yep, all of this.

Next week will be a good test to see how they do, gonna be interesting to see if they can stop the parra roll through the middle
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:10 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I always thought the, Todd Payten is a shit coach narrative was bullshit. What he did for the Warriors in a such a short time was notable. Lolo's return to form doesn't surprise me, three broken hands will ruin your vibe. I have to agree that Townsend and Hiku did not float my boat when we signed them. I was underwhelmed. But then I thought, Hiku is a solid defender and we suck on defence, particularly that edge. Then I thought, you know what? We haven't had a proper half back since Thurston. Then I heard about in preseason of Drinkwater, Gilbert, Holmes, Tualagi on the left edge, and I thought gee I like that.

I wasn't expecting the brilliance of Nanai. I knew Dearden has talent, but wasn't expecting him to be as good as he has been. You're right I think, Townsend allows for that.  All the forwards better this year. Townsend and Hiku doing what they were brought in to do. I had an inkling Holmes would gun it there, he's been electric.

But yeah, they surprised me too. Can we put away the Payten pitchforks now?

A lot of the Payten pitchforks were probably because he seemed to be picking a fight with your best player (who is also a likeable guy) and underusing him (in real life, not fantasy). But maybe in reality that was just journo bullshit and Big Jase was just playing injured.

Chad also looked like a crazy signing for the money when you already had young, albino Chad on the books - jury is still out on that long-term, but results good so far. If it does mean that Drinkwater is out of the 13 you'll probably be long-term losers on that - can think of half a dozen clubs who'll take him tomorrow.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:17 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

A lot of the Payten pitchforks were probably because he seemed to be picking a fight with your best player (who is also a likeable guy) and underusing him (in real life, not fantasy). But maybe in reality that was just journo bullshit and Big Jase was just playing injured.

Chad also looked like a crazy signing for the money when you already had young, albino Chad on the books - jury is still out on that long-term, but results good so far. If it does mean that Drinkwater is out of the 13 you'll probably be long-term losers on that - can think of half a dozen clubs who'll take him tomorrow.

Always thought the Payten/Lolo thing was BS. He was playing busted and still played 60 minutes a week.

NFI about the halves though. All doing their job atm. Good problem to have I suppose. Not sure what the long term plan is..
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:20 pm

Unpopular opinion, but I think it’s worth pumping the brakes on the ‘Cowboys are good now’ train until they beat a team worth beating, they’ve played 1 top 8 team all year and didn’t look close to matching them, wins have come from Raiders x2, Broncos and Titans which hardly rates as an accomplishment and they’ve dropped games to the Warriors and Bulldogs, which doesn’t inspire praise either.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:24 pm

syn13 wrote:Unpopular opinion, but I think it’s worth pumping the brakes on the ‘Cowboys are good now’ train until they beat a team worth beating, they’ve played 1 top 8 team all year and didn’t look close to matching them, wins have come from Raiders x2, Broncos and Titans which hardly rates as an accomplishment and they’ve dropped games to the Warriors and Bulldogs, which doesn’t inspire praise either.

Not unpopular. Fair even.

I still find it hard to tip them. I've really enjoyed watching them play though, and it's been a while since I could say that.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:46 pm