NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 29 - Let's watch some Thursday night football

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 29 - Let's watch some Thursday night football - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 29 - Let's watch some Thursday night football

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:05 am

standard-issue wrote:

Not a Cotter owner but 5 point downgrade seems very harsh. Nanai staying at 37 is every Looper's worst nightmare.

Cotter lost a TO. It's not like the scorers can them just give him a few more tackles to keep his score up to cater for a TO bring so overvalued.
    in reality they did thd opposite, and took a tackle away as well.

It's annoying, as 44 is a nice score, but 39 is just a little underwhelming
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 29 - Let's watch some Thursday night football - Page 20 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 29 - Let's watch some Thursday night football

Post by Antipodean1 Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:16 am

Milchcow wrote:

Cotter lost a TO. It's not like the scorers can them just give him a few more tackles to keep his score up to cater for a TO bring so overvalued.
    in reality they did thd opposite, and took a tackle away as well.

It's annoying, as 44 is a nice score, but 39 is just a little underwhelming

agreed, but I needed better mid cover than Leo, so I don't mind, I think his range is 35-55, will keep him around through R13.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:21 am

Chucky wrote:I’ve been in isolation for the past 7 days after one of the kids tested positive last Thursday night.
    Missed our weekend away that we had planned last week as a result.
    Tomorrow we regain our freedom, just in time for my birthday on Saturday, which we are celebrating at Crowded House at A day on the green at Centennial Vineyards, Bowral.
    No horses or sweet caroline, but there’s sure to be some great songs from a great band. I hope they delve into a bit of the split enz era, for those who can remember that far back.  

Happy bday for tomorrow dude, because I will forget tomorrow! Wow Crowded House - bloody awesome Kiwi (Ok some aussies) band - enjoy!
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:22 am

What's people's thoughts on getting rid of a combo of Wilton, fermor and nanai to bring in Haas next week would mean I'd probably have to play illias or an outside back as my 17th man ?

Etc illias , penises or koala as 17th man
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:23 am

Revraiser wrote:

You will put any two forumites together over a simple quote just so you have something to get you over the line u animal

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 29 - Let's watch some Thursday night football - Page 20 Giphy

Um I have heard of choking the chicken but this guy is making a right goose of himself.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:55 am

hj1991 wrote:Feel for you lot who were whinging 17 minutes into the game

I appreciate some people are only interested in the end points / score, but I enjoy watching the games (mostly - been a couple of bludgers recently) and player’s performances.

IMO Nanai had a shocker with basic execution / discipline issues, questionable tackling technique and couldn’t have looked less interested in attack at times. 33 run meters, and was usually standing so deep and flat footed he couldn’t even be considered for a hit up or backline pass. Didn’t help with any grunt work.

He is obviously an incredible athlete, and can break a game open - but he is young and it is going to take time and experience to find his feet and realise he is playing with the best of the best now. Talent alone won’t get him to the top, needs a solid foundation of basics and hard work / effort.

TLDR; thankfully saved his score but it’s a thumbs down from me. He won’t be near my 17 for a while. He might even turn in to one of his team mates next week, but not Gilbert Rolling Laugh
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:02 am

Yeah I think it’s quite possible Nanai is a trade next week unless there are other fires to put out.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:08 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Yeah I think it’s quite possible Nanai is a trade next week unless there are other fires to put out.

He will have made his $150k, so if there is a target upgrade/downgrade think its fine to dump him.

Unless he grabs another hattrick or some other crazy score, he's not going to make more large cash gains any time soon.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:08 am

manlybeaver wrote:What's people's thoughts on getting rid of a combo of Wilton, fermor and nanai to bring in Haas next week would mean I'd probably have to play illias or an outside back as my 17th man ?

Etc illias , penises or koala as 17th man

I’d be ok playing Ilias at 17, he’s been looking better and better each week. Wouldn’t be comfortable with the other 2 though. Wanted a week to look at Koula as I don’t feel the love, but also needed a few extra bucks to get (C)leary so I am now on the Koula bus.

As for trade outs, I’m much in the same boat. Team overall not doing great but most players doing just enough that no obvious trade outs. So 1 or 2 of those same 3 are my options for Haas next week and I lost Gilbert for Cleary this week. In isolation none of those guys are probably trade outs, but sometimes someone has to make way. Do what works for your team structure, not owning Haas has been a major pita and rank breaker.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:12 am

Milchcow wrote:

He will have made his $150k, so if there is a target upgrade/downgrade think its fine to dump him.

Unless he grabs another hattrick or some other crazy score, he's not going to make more large cash gains any time soon.

I had thought of doing something like Nanai/Clark to Jones/Cotter about 10 minutes before the game but thought it might be jumping the gun a little. Kinda interested in Lolo now though. Will see what can be done next week if there’s a decent cow
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:28 am

Payten the repair man. Actually a pretty good coach it seems?

Cows look like they will threaten top 8 this year.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:40 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Wish I'd bookmarked the post a few weeks ago when people were trading out Lolo when he didn't get a second stint in the Broncos thrashing that everyone would be looking at him as a buy before long.

Who could have figured that no pre-season then a couple of games in the Townsville summer might have meant he started slow? Not someone inside the coach's head, that's for sure.

Funnily enough after that game I nearly traded him in. Ended up going with Cotter which was trending okay until this week
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:42 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Don’t judge until you have read my Revraiser x Filthridden amateur fanfic ship, its a steamy affair that I have titled “FilthRaiser”.

The best thing about that .gif, is that I own a Muscovy duck, and I totally do this to him all the time. Don't make it weird. Its not weird.

Rolling Laugh you are a classic Pookus.

I showed my wife the gif and she just says "how would we get that in the oven"....
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:44 am

standard-issue wrote:

Knowing your occupation I figure you do actually own said stated Avine species?  

In regards your fanfic, when Filth finally gets tired of Revs leaving the toilet seat up you could potentially write a sequel entitled "RevRidden".

I like that I'm the one leaving the toilet seat up, atleast portrays me as still having some semblance of manhood in said world
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:45 am

I hope Rabs didn't use up all his enthusiasm on that Starling rant because I live vicariously through his game day previews
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:47 am

Chucky wrote:I’ve been in isolation for the past 7 days after one of the kids tested positive last Thursday night.
    Missed our weekend away that we had planned last week as a result.
    Tomorrow we regain our freedom, just in time for my birthday on Saturday, which we are celebrating at Crowded House at A day on the green at Centennial Vineyards, Bowral.
    No horses or sweet caroline, but there’s sure to be some great songs from a great band. I hope they delve into a bit of the split enz era, for those who can remember that far back.  

Sounds awesome Chucky - the big 50 ?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:52 am

Mulvy wrote:

I got you is one of my favourite songs. Does everyone have a favourite moment in songs like I do? Mine in that song is the build up before he says, "it gets on my nerves". A crescendo if you will.

Great song. Just relistened

BTW, that doingagoose.video won't play in the pm u sent me.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:58 am

Antipodean1 wrote:

Um I have heard of choking the chicken but this guy is making a right goose of himself.

Begs the question, What or who came first ??

cheer
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:03 am

The Cleary and DCE halves combo makes the team appear solid, if u only stare into the centre of the app

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:06 am

I have a couple handcuffs for these weeks haha to make it feel better
    I remember it was the JFH + ??? where he would get moved to lock on game day, can't remember who the other guy was (Covid brain) but they both averaged decent so it was great to

Anyways have a couple combos this year, purely for fun. Gilbert back in the mid isn't ideal but not getting a third player. Regardless can't complain as it's a fairly cheap stable mid until round 14 so hoping they get the job done in the near future

Taumalolo 62 Cotter 39 = 50+ each
    Wilton + Talakai

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:59 pm