NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:04 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Yeah pulling the trigger I think. It weakens wfb3, but I can loop Koula and Coates this week and then figure out what to do next. wfb3 will probably need to be my next upgrade then as soon as I can.

Yeah I reckon go for it mate.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:05 pm

Finch wrote:Walters is a sell now correct?

Not going to be making cash, A-Rey being the #1 man.

Looking to bring Tui in as need more cash, probably get rid off Walters...

Walters has a decent run of fixtures after this week. I am expecting him to average 40ish, which would mean he still has around $200k to make.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:08 pm

WT2K wrote:One to keep an eye on.
    Cowboys have asked WT again for Luciano early via DT
    Hard to see them giving up one of their top 3 players early, when struggling to find wins this season.
    Drifterspence
    Drifterspence

Post by Drifterspence Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:10 pm

Anyone got any suggestions for a WFB to bring in for Latrell? Already have Pappy, Hynes and Critter, but would prefer to leave critter on the bench as cover. Looking at Edwards, Manu, Teddy or Gutho and all those options seem shit, and I dont think Taafe is going to be good.

Thinking that Edwards looks the most reliable option.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:10 pm

my tv broke wrote:

For those playing at home (just me and Rev), Young survived the cut to 19. Which doesn't necessarily mean anything (someone has to be listed at position 19, eg Brendan Elliot for the Cowboys), but.. for someone who was definitely not playing NRL this week its slightly odd.

Cheers MTB, highly appreciated. Keeping me in hope.
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:18 pm

I went on a bit of a ramble a page or two back but in short what do you think is the best option:

Latrell + Nanai/King/Sexton -> Cotter/Murray + Tuilagi/Taafe (Can do any combination of those slashes)

Latrell -> Cotter

Latrell + Sexton -> Cleary + Tuilagi/Taafe

Latrell + Sexton -> Cotter + Murray
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:21 pm

Drifterspence wrote:Anyone got any suggestions for a WFB to bring in for Latrell? Already have Pappy, Hynes and Critter, but would prefer to leave critter on the bench as cover. Looking at Edwards, Manu, Teddy or Gutho and all those options seem shit, and I dont think Taafe is going to be good.

Thinking that Edwards looks the most reliable option.

I have Edwards. Doing great, always looking to be involved. Has really stepped up, especially without Too there. Takes lots of extra runs that most fullbacks don't.

The only things that killed his scoring in the 2 weeks when he scored lower were:
    1. when the opposition team didn't get to their kick, due to dropping the ball continually; and
    2. when Panthers inexperienced forwards gave a million penalties to the opposition when trying to get out of their own half, so they didn't have any long range kicks to him

Cleary being back to pin the opposition in their own territory and experienced forwards now back in the team to keep them there, without giving away stupid penalties should see him continue to get 50+ scoring.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:22 pm

FalconSloth wrote:I went on a bit of a ramble a page or two back but in short what do you think is the best option:

Latrell + Nanai/King/Sexton -> Cotter/Murray + Tuilagi/Taafe (Can do any combination of those slashes)

Latrell -> Cotter

Latrell + Sexton -> Cleary + Tuilagi/Taafe

Latrell + Sexton -> Cotter + Murray

Latrell + Sexton -> Cleary + Tuilagi
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:28 pm

Finch wrote:Walters is a sell now correct?

Not going to be making cash, A-Rey being the #1 man.

Looking to bring Tui in as need more cash, probably get rid off Walters...

I think he's worth persisting with. As a half his scores can vary a lot more compared to say Leo Thompson.

I'd just hope he pulls out another 50+ sooner or later.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:31 pm

my tv broke wrote:

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7698860/where-does-raiders-future-lie/?cs=14239

The plot thickens...

He felt he hadn't adapted as quickly a he'd liked and has returned to the edge in the absence of Hudson Young (toe), who missed last week but will play 80 minutes in the NSW Cup on Saturday.

"I'd still like to give him the opportunity to play at 13 throughout the season," Stuart said. "Elliott underestimates his talent. He's a very humble guy to be honest. He's a wonderful ball player. "He's a great link in the middle of the field. He's a great link for our halves. At the moment, with Hudson coming back from a toe injury, it's just from a dynamic point of view for our starting 13 it works [to have him in the second row]."

Ah gee, sorry on the slow roller coaster today. What ru doing with him ?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:32 pm

Mr Snrub wrote:

I think he's worth persisting with. As a half his scores can vary a lot more compared to say Leo Thompson.  

I'd just hope he pulls out another 50+ sooner or later.

Unless Arey gets injured I can't see that happening
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:32 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Ah gee, sorry on the slow roller coaster today. What ru doing with him ?

Ill hold this week. If he isnt starting next week then he can go

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:32 pm

One to watch for Madden owners...few of you in here.. Brooks trained at hooker this week.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:34 pm

Loomer wrote:

You mean 2 more trades next week to get when he's back from suspension?

........ that's what I said

This week
    Nanai to Ilias (Might as well admit I was wrong and get him back)
    Thompson to Koula

Next week
    Crichton to...... Taafe if he goes well
    JoKing to Haas

4 damn trades just to get Haas in although in fairness trading out peaked cows to players that could make some money is probably something I'd do regardless.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:35 pm

WT2K wrote:One to watch for Madden owners...few of you in here.. Brooks trained at hooker this week.

Thanks for the heads up. Did he train there all week?

No idea what my trades are going to be then. Was quite content trading him to Starling if he was on the bench.

Of course he plays last game of the round.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:38 pm

WT2K wrote:One to watch for Madden owners...few of you in here.. Brooks trained at hooker this week.

Hope he takes to it positively as it might work.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:39 pm

Loomer wrote:

Can't see it happening? Okay Stevie Wonder.

Walters got 4 points from kick metres in Round 1. Maybe 50 is optimistic but surely he can get a 40+ from a few tackle breaks and an assist.

You know I don't think they credited him with an OFTH against the Roosters. I saw it clear as day but no points or stats recorded.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:40 pm

Mr Snrub wrote:

Can't see it happening? Okay Stevie Wonder.  

Walters got 4 points from kick metres in Round 1. Maybe 50 is optimistic but surely he can get a 40+ from a few tackle breaks and an assist.  

You know I don't think they credited him with an OFTH against the Roosters. I saw it clear as day but no points or stats recorded.  

Hes a guy that will score 20s and 30s in that side with the odd 50 thrown in. If I had him id probably hold for now and hope for a string of scores and then jump off.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:41 pm

Mulvy wrote:Haha my post above I almost put the LOL flag instead of the welcome flag. That would have looked rather cunty Very Happy

If he has been a long time lurker he'd get it anyway

Coffee
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:42 pm

Loomer wrote:

I agree. Could always hold because A-Rey may get injured yes, but he may not and can't really be holding players because x player might get injured.

Worse case scenario have to bring Walters back in, would be worth the trade back in if A-Rey is gone for a while

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:28 pm