NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:44 pm

MF wrote:One has to go

Mofo or Burton.

I’m thinking of keeping Fotuaka only because he can bash out a high score and everyone has burton

I'd keep Burton everyday of the week over Mofo.
    syn13
    syn13

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 28 - My name is Marcelo Montoya, you killed my shoulder, prepare for a homophobic slur

Post by syn13 Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:47 pm

Camo123 wrote:Pretty nice JKing to McInnes should nearly be trade for no extra cash soon

McInnes lover club tickets might be going out again soon

I think those of you licking your lips over a McInnes gun resurgence are waiting for a train that will never come, their pack rotation seems pretty balanced and is working for them, high chance they’re all in the role they’re going to be in for the foreseeable future, save for injuries or major form reversal
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:47 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Laugh 3

How did Welshy Junior pull up with the injury?

After we went back to fracture clinic was hard cast for 6 weeks, so ended up absolute worse case as the fracture was length of his metacarpel in thumb not the original injury they first diagnosed.

Its supposed to be off 27th, but it's coming off next week a few days before our cup semi to see if he can play with strapping. It's only off a few days earlier than expected then.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:48 pm

wolfking wrote:

Looked at his run of scores back in 2020?

He averaged 29 when not getting injured and wasn't playing outside Gagai. Young also averaged 29 last season before landing Gagai as his CTR.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:48 pm

Montoya suspended for four weeks after the homophobic slur
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:49 pm

syn13 wrote:

I think those of you licking your lips over a McInnes gun resurgence are waiting for a train that will never come, their pack rotation seems pretty balanced and is working for them, high chance they’re all in the role they’re going to be in for the foreseeable future, save for injuries or major form reversal

Would need to see him getting 50 in 60 minutes to even consider McInnes.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:54 pm

syn13 wrote:

I had this exact thought on the weekend. Been holding onto my pre sale tickets to the McInnes Lovers Club since February but I'm wondering how McInnes gets 80 in that pack. On the other hand though, McInnes is coming back from a solid 12 month stint out of the game, his minutes have increased every week, and a cheeky stint at dummy half like we saw on Sunday is an easy way for him to sneak an extra few minutes in. I reckon as Sharks draw gets harder the need for a big minute tackle bot increases too.

Closing thoughts: choo choo bitches the McInnes train is nearly here
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:54 pm

wolfking wrote:

I don't have Haas also, so wondering if Haas may be a bigger priority next week, but saying that, this is Cleary we're talking about.

Yeah if Haas hadn't got suspended I may have gone him first. But as such, can't go wrong with Cleary. Don't want to hide behind the couch anymore 😂 will work on Haas next week
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:55 pm

Possibly just 1 trade for me. Coates to Koula to build a bit of cash.

Sexton and Crichton (and maybe Nanai) on the soon to be traded list
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:56 pm

Welshy wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Laugh 3

How did Welshy Junior pull up with the injury?

After we went back to fracture clinic was hard cast for 6 weeks, so ended up absolute worse case as the fracture was length of his metacarpel in thumb not the original injury they first diagnosed.

Its supposed to be off 27th, but it's coming off next week a few days before our cup semi to see if he can play with strapping. It's only off a few days earlier than expected then.

Tough parenting decision potentially. Is he the kind of lad who will straight up say he is just not right to go, or will he be trying to play regardless?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:57 pm

Can't spell MoFo without MF. Loves his PODs too. Agree with keeping Burton over him though. Showed enough individual brilliance last year that I think the big scores will come despite being the Dogs.

Mofo's started every game, but still only in that 51 min average where he was last year whether starting or coming off the bench. Don't know that he can rival Burton's potential level of scoring.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:00 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

One gets a live WWE event this year, and one doesn't

One of them lost to Italy in the six nations and the other didn't.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:00 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Can't spell MoFo without MF.

cheer

In saying that, you can't spell Matthew Burton without Bream!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:06 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Tough parenting decision potentially.  Is he the kind of lad who will straight up say he is just not right to go, or will he be trying to play regardless?

Been in cast for 5 weeks by time it comes off mate, missing his review tomorrow as consultant away so was potential of it coming off regardless and next appointment is 2 weeks.

He had hip flexor/hamstring issues start of season, said nothing pulled up in bronco and put himself out for 6 weeks, then found out he had done it kicking in warm up but kept stum. So he knows the repurcussions of coming back too early or not saying if he's injured.

There's no pain when he squeezes the thumb or pulls it through the cast hole anymore when he was in agony previously so signs are good fella
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:06 pm

Can't spell Matthew Burton without "a wet butt"
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:06 pm

Reckon Kobe gets extra minutes this week?
    whall15
    whall15

Post by whall15 Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:10 pm

Feels weird to not have any great inclination to trade, especially as it's not as if my team did super great.

Randall
    Haas Papalii Mann
    Fifi Nanai
    Cleary Moses
    Tago Penis
    Papy Crichton Koula

Schneider Ming Jones Thompson

Ilias W. Smith Vailea Fifita

27 trades left, 99k itb

weakness is certainly 4th bench and having to play either W Smith or Koula at wfb but thinking I might as well ride the Koula train this week, otherwise not sure.

I guess Nanai is kind of ripening soon.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:10 pm

Des is fairly loyal to his players, is going to take something special from Koula to keep a starting position atm
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:12 pm

Pain wrote:Reckon Kobe gets extra minutes this week?

Reckon he does anything with them if he does? I like Kobe but I’m not convinced he’s a fantasy option yet…
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:13 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Reckon he does anything with them if he does? I like Kobe but I’m not convinced he’s a fantasy option yet…

Someone remind Kevvie that this ain't basketball and Kobe can play more than 48

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:30 pm