NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 22 - How do you solve a problem like Fifita?

standard-issue
    standard-issue

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 22 - How do you solve a problem like Fifita? - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 22 - How do you solve a problem like Fifita?

Post by standard-issue Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:53 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Glad the removed historical rankings so we can't see how much of a fraud I am

Didn't even beat Filth last start

It’s back on! Do you remember that time Filth actually didn’t finish last in his own League? No, neither do I.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 22 - How do you solve a problem like Fifita? - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 22 - How do you solve a problem like Fifita?

Post by Antipodean1 Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:56 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Back to fantasy-

I had sold Burton to Starling in what (in hindsight) appears to be a desperate move to raise cash for Cleary. But now assuming I leave Cleary another week this trade suddenly seems a little rash and I will probably reverse it. I do still want to get Starling in my team but I think this is the last week for him. Tempting to trade JKing who whose role might be drying up, but his breakeven is so low it would be silly not to give him another round.

Think I might have to let Starling go. Saving a trade is a nice consolation though.

I own Starling and I am still not convinced, I let group thought guide me, but I also needed HK cover. I don't think you have missed a windfall - of course I hope I am wrong.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:59 pm

standard-issue wrote:

It’s back on! Do you remember that time Filth actually didn’t finish last in his own League? No, neither do I.

Won every league I ever put together. I just don't put leagues together anymore because I don't want to!

I'm also awesome at golf and have a massive pool.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:02 pm

filthridden wrote:

Won every league I ever put together. I just don't put leagues together anymore because I don't want to!

Pool was a euphemism right?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:02 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Back to fantasy-

I had sold Burton to Starling in what (in hindsight) appears to be a desperate move to raise cash for Cleary. But now assuming I leave Cleary another week this trade suddenly seems a little rash and I will probably reverse it. I do still want to get Starling in my team but I think this is the last week for him. Tempting to trade JKing who whose role might be drying up, but his breakeven is so low it would be silly not to give him another round.

Think I might have to let Starling go. Saving a trade is a nice consolation though.

I've gone without so far because I think last week's 56 was way over what his average will be. Not convinced if he's playing 60mins max
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:03 pm

I only started with D. Fifita because all reports were his body was immense, his guns were popping & was fit.
    Scan forward to round 4 none of that is true...I am selling but not to Cleary either Cook or Grant will be purchased.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:03 pm

filthridden wrote:

OMG Ron Hall is back
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:03 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

I'm trading him to Cleary, probably this week.

He's gone to Cleary next round and Lolo to Cheese if his role looks solid this round.

2 reasons.

1) Dfifi is lazy as fuck and he's just not making the right runs, always in line with the passer and flat footed. Only really wants to get involved 2/3 times a half.
    2) Watching the Titans play is really fucking boring and he's the only reason I do
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:04 pm

filthridden wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Laugh 3

In fairness, I think you actually did win it one year?
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:05 pm

bigbruno wrote:

He's gone to Cleary next round and Lolo to Cheese if his role looks solid this round.

2 reasons.

1) Dfifi is lazy as fuck and he's just not making the right runs, always in line with the passer and flat footed. Only really wants to get involved 2/3 times a half.
    2) Watching the Titans play is really fucking boring and he's the only reason I do

Hahahah exactly mate.

So you probs gonna go Fifi -> Cleary next round too?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:05 pm

Antipodean1 wrote:

I own Starling and I am still not convinced, I let group thought guide me, but I also needed HK cover. I don't think you have missed a windfall - of course I hope I am wrong.

I would be pretty happy with Starling if I already had him. The potential is that if he ends up playing 80 mins (how much competition could Frawley be over a season?), then he enters into cut price keeper territory. I think he’s a solid play (not without risk, but huge potential reward), but in my case Burton>Starling just looks like shuffling deck chairs
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:06 pm

White Lightning wrote:I only started with D. Fifita because all reports were his body was immense, his guns were popping & was fit.
    Scan forward to round 4 none of that is true...I am selling but not to Cleary either Cook or Grant will be purchased.

Yes I feel I'll have a spare 725K plus bank waiting for some lucky player, they better front up if they want to get into my team.

Murray is on the shortlist, but Talakai looks an interesting chap too. Be interesting to know what his future prospects are.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:06 pm

If I can digress isn't it funny that Will Smith got offended by a joke he laughed at but is ok with random men fucking his wife. He's cuckoo. Now back to the footy.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:08 pm

White Lightning wrote:If I can digress isn't it funny that Will Smith got offended by a joke he laughed at but is ok with random men fucking his wife. He's cuckoo. Now back to the footy.

His wife can only take dicks not jokes
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:08 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

I would be pretty happy with Starling if I already had him. The potential is that if he ends up playing 80 mins (how much competition could Frawley be over a season?), then he enters into cut price keeper territory. I think he’s a solid play (not without risk, but huge potential reward), but in my case Burton>Starling just looks like shuffling deck chairs

Agree with your thoughts. I was going to off Burton for Cleary, but now I will shuffle him next to Tago, use May for WFB cover as he should get DPP R6 and wait for the fruit to drop from the tree in the forms of Mann & Randall. Or any other ripe fruit.

Last edited by Antipodean1 on Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:09 pm

standard-issue wrote:

I remember him being so embarrassed he retired the entire league
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:10 pm

White Lightning wrote:If I can digress isn't it funny that Will Smith got offended by a joke he laughed at but is ok with random men fucking his wife. He's cuckoo. Now back to the footy.

I believe it is spelt cuckold

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:10 pm

I was just listening to James Graham on triple M. Honestly didn’t know what to expect with him but he was so funny and has a brilliant NRL mind. Just shame about the accent
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:11 pm

Antipodean1 wrote:

Yes I feel I'll have a spare 725K plus bank waiting for some lucky player, they better front up if they want to get into my team.

Murray is on the shortlist, but Talakai looks an interesting chap too. Be interesting to know what his future prospects are.

The problem with Talakai is he's got too many strings to his bow i.e. he can play on the edge, he can play in the ctrs, hell the way he runs he could play prop so he has great utility value & guys like that usually start on the bench because he offers more than most players.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:11 pm

They gave him a statue of his wife to calm him down

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:16 pm