NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 15 - dropping fantasy points for fun

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 15 - dropping fantasy points for fun - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 15 - dropping fantasy points for fun

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:29 pm

Mad Jack McMad has given away one penalty in 160 minutes of football (an offside at the play the ball one that he somehow got sin-binned for).

If it wasn't for rep, would people be looking at him as a Bully replacement?
    Chucky
    Chucky

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 15 - dropping fantasy points for fun - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 15 - dropping fantasy points for fun

Post by Chucky Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:30 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I really, REALLY REALLY, love the Roosters.
    From now on, they are my team.
    STAND AND APPLAUD.

FUCK THE RABBITOHS

On ya Rabs
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:33 pm

Chucky wrote:

On ya Rabs

lol! Priceless.

I would have given extra points for some font changes.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:36 pm

Mulvy wrote:

lol!  Priceless.

I would have given extra points for some font changes.
    I tried but couldn’t figure out how to change the font size. Rolling Laugh
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:38 pm

Chucky wrote:
    I tried but couldn’t figure out how to change the font size. Rolling Laugh

I got you covered.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:39 pm

On the topic of Starling, I would be wary of Trevilyan affecting him.

Source: This ABC article https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-19/adrian-trevilyan-canberra-raiders-nrl-debut/100917802

More specifically:

"First and foremost he was just super dedicated. His work ethic was outstanding and he listened, he took things on board. His attitude for improvement, to take on information, was fantastic for starters, but he has a natural footballing instinct," Wilson said.

"He knows when to run it and when to look for it, he's got great service and he's skilful. He's a strong defender and he defends so well through the middle.

"I love his footballing nous, how creative he is out of nine. He knows how to take a few metres and he knows how to find the tryline when you really need it. He has really good vision and he sets your attacking play up really well with his decision making.

I also decided to go on Kayo and have another look at how he went in the Cowboys/Raiders game, and he looked quite good. His service was clean and he was good in defence. Did make three errors but one was forced in a tackle, one was from attempting a 1 on 1 steal and one was from a grubber kick that he tried to catch, so not really errors in his service. He also made 20 tackles in his 23 minutes, so pretty good work rate. Definitely looks ready for first grade.

Based on that, I could definitely see them starting Trevilyan over Starling eventually, even if just for 30 minutes a game at the start before bringing Starling on to play out the rest. It may not be right away but I would be very wary of classing Starling as a keeper given that.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:40 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    I tried to downvote your post for the banter but ironically upvoted it with a fat finger

Oh the irony but I’ll take it! I usually zoom in to avoid the fat finger issue but I’ve become a bit blasé lately. Living on the edge but yet to dish out an unwarranted downvote. Only a matter of time though.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:42 pm

Bethany_B wrote:On the topic of Starling, I would be wary of Trevilyan affecting him.

Source: This ABC article https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-19/adrian-trevilyan-canberra-raiders-nrl-debut/100917802

More specifically:

I also decided to go on Kayo and have another look at how he went in the Cowboys/Raiders game, and he looked quite good. His service was clean and he was good in defence. Did make three errors but one was forced in a tackle, one was from attempting a 1 on 1 steal and one was from a grubber kick that he tried to catch, so not really errors in his service. He also made 20 tackles in his 23 minutes, so pretty good work rate. Definitely looks ready for first grade.

Based on that, I could definitely see them starting Trevilyan over Starling eventually, even if just for 30 minutes a game at the start before bringing Starling on to play out the rest. It may not be right away but I would be very wary of classing Starling as a keeper given that.
    I’ll just ride his price rises and points until it’s time to move him on. No harm no foul
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:45 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    I’ll just ride his price rises and points until it’s time to move him on. No harm no foul

That's fair enough, I personally don't think Starling's PPM is good enough to be worth using 2 trades on, the only exception would be if Trevilyan dropped off the bench and Starling got 80 minutes a game.

He's already 449k, so a ~35 average, and would need to realistically average 45-50 to be worth it IMO.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:46 pm

Bethany_B wrote:On the topic of Starling, I would be wary of Trevilyan affecting him.

More specifically:

I think most would be in for the cash grab, not as a keeper necessarily, and if he became a keeper that's a bonus. Cheers for the info though.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:48 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

That's fair enough, I personally don't think Starling's PPM is good enough to be worth using 2 trades on, the only exception would be if Trevilyan dropped off the bench and Starling got 80 minutes a game.

He's already 449k, so a ~35 average, and would need to realistically average 45-50 to be worth it IMO.

Is 449k a 35 price? What's the magic number currently??
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:49 pm

Chewie wrote:I should start a class...

Advanced Multi-Quoting

Topics covered:
    - How to quote from multiple pages
    - How to quote from other threads
    - How to quote from locked threads
    - How to create fake quotes

Camo123 wrote:
    Great idea!!!!! I love Chewie, he's the best! but he really has face for radio I feel. If he taught in person it would scare the children

Mulvy wrote:
    Tell him how you really feel Camo123.... Chewie is a stupid moron with an ugly face, and a big butt, and his butt smells such that he likes to kiss it.

Chucky wrote:
    Mulvy... That is being a bit harsh. Chewie is indeed ugly by anyone's measure, but he stopped kissing his own butt years ago.

Chewie wrote:
    Yes it is true!! I stopped kissing my own butt when I developed a strange attraction for Dolphin.. mental condition fixed!!!

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:
    Aww shucks, Chewie. I never knew you thought that way about me

Do I pass the course @Chewie???

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:49 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

He averages 47 in 40+ minute games. Also magic number is way bigger so he's only priced at 32 for now. Clear buy signs, especially considering he plays round 13.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:50 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I was one of the stupid ones that punted on him performing like he did at the back end of last year so started with him. Slight stroke of luck so hoping for the best case scenario. I’m pretty confident he sits around the 40-45 mark
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:50 pm

I don't have anyone worth enough (that justifies being traded) to afford Starling so I'll be watching with interest from the sidelines.

Suppose I could let Mann go, but that would see me lose ctr cover (but gain hok cover - swings and roundabouts)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:52 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Is 449k a 35 price? What's the magic number currently??
    I thought milch had it at 13,850? So that makes him priced at 32
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:59 pm

Starling has always been a player that when playing good mins tends to score quite well, at his current price I am certainly grabbing him. Entices me to piss off Bully and Tuilagi aswell
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:02 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Starling has always been a player that when playing good mins tends to score quite well, at his current price I am certainly grabbing him. Entices me to piss of Bully and Tuilagi aswell
    Yeah only hard part is deciding who to move on! Would hate to move on a cheapie like Nanai, Tuilagi, or Bullemor only for them to go on and average 40
    Talfal
    Talfal

Post by Talfal Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:07 pm

While im reading these threads i sometimes think to myself "Geez wizz some people look abit too much into things, Eg. Player X WILL only average X minutes and score X amount of points and only for X amount of weeks until you need to waste a trade to get a Keeper."

its a long season and Player X Y or Z could be in your team for the year with everything else that pops up weekly, They could even get a better role in the coming weeks if Player A B or C gets injured or suspended. I just enjoy how certain some people are on exact minutes (to the second nearly sometimes) people will get and how their coach will use them, Sometimes people can even "predict" how they will play out a game that hasnt been played yet!

I may be a few deep Beer but, keep it up lads Smile I enjoy all the banter on here and i take the bits and pieces of advice/knowledge i choose to (which has helped ALOT over the last couple years), But sometimes overthinking things and thinking you KNOW something can be a bad thing.

Drunk rant, Much love, no hate <3
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:10 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    Yeah only hard part is deciding who to move on! Would hate to move on a cheapie like Nanai, Tuilagi, or Bullemor only for them to go on and average 40

I'd rate them as in that order you said but with but from safest atm from left to right.

Bully is gonna be temporary with Schuey back soon, and Tuilagi out this week and also doesn't have great JS moving forward makes me content with moving them on for a consistent 40+ scorer in Starling imo

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:40 pm