NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 9.1562 - Tago Tuesday

The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 9.1562 - Tago Tuesday - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 9.1562 - Tago Tuesday

Post by The Bludger#2 Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:17 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Wiltons a tricky one , I think he will kick on but was unable to squeeze him in, I think he may force Fitzys hand to keep him in therefore forcing my hand for FOMO.
    Currently Wilton is the only FOMO player I've seen this round so far. I skipped Haas and went with I.Pap (same price, DPP, no SOO and in a better team) so I'm content to wait until I can pick Haas up post SOO for the run home. 

I went with Fermor and used the cash saved elsewhere. The 4 weeks was the deciding factor, but I'll admit his prospects are scaring me a little. 
    He could end up being this year's I.Pap. 
    Forced the coach to give him a starting run each week, pumps out big scores as 80 min Edge. I jumped on I.Pap early last year so will be looking at my team make-up pretty closely this week.

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 9.1562 - Tago Tuesday - Page 45 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 9.1562 - Tago Tuesday

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:17 pm

Who said Nikora holds his position when Graham returns?

Nikora was poor last year (especially his defence) and on the outer, apparently has been speaking to other clubs too
    New coach gets a month or 2 to see both of their form and choose, hardly locked in
    Like any new management you don't do a complete shakeup when taking over but that is long enough to make any decision when the time comes

If you are scoring its 1 nil to Wilton so far

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:19 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Leaving the groupthink argument alone, is anybody actually worried about Ilias?
    Rookie half with a lot of errors in a team who played poorly and were badly beaten (even if the scoreline didn't reflect that). He's in the same price bracket as your Valimae's and Tuilagi's- if he doesnt start making cash this week there is always next. With the uncertainty around Walters, his HLF position is invaluable and might be my only backup by next round. I have a $200k warchest and could swap him to Tago for a pittance, but I think I am going to leave Ilias for a while longer.

Last year I ditched a $300k Croker after his 24 in R1 and he went on to average 43 with $280k in price rises. I'm not saying that Ilias is going to average anything like that, but the 34 he needs still isn't a huge stretch and the takeaway is that you just can't make a good judgement after one game.

After a couple of losses on the trot Souths might be tempted to run Latrell at 6 and Taafe at fullback but aside from that I’m not overly concerned
    You don’t drop the guy that spent 12 weeks training as halfback over 1 game of footy
    Will be a slow burner that I don’t want anywhere near my 17 but I’m holding for now
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:20 pm

I was very worried that it is my fault that I captained Turbo this week, when all along it was group think’s! Phew!
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:20 pm

I’m not sure how I feel about Tapine. He looked really good, heavily involved, lots of offloads, and somehow only scored an underwhelming 41.

If he’s an out next week thanks to being an antivaxxer, it might make dropping him for Starling (pending Hodgson prognosis) too appealing to ignore
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:20 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:

Never throw away odd nuts and bolts , always come in handy for such occasions, nothing better than seeing someone think their mower is disinegrating.

study intruiging
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:23 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Leaving the groupthink argument alone, is anybody actually worried about Ilias?
    Rookie half with a lot of errors in a team who played poorly and were badly beaten (even if the scoreline didn't reflect that). He's in the same price bracket as your Valimae's and Tuilagi's- if he doesnt start making cash this week there is always next. With the uncertainty around Walters, his HLF position is invaluable and might be my only backup by next round. I have a $200k warchest and could swap him to Tago for a pittance, but I think I am going to leave Ilias for a while longer.

Last year I ditched a $300k Croker after his 24 in R1 and he went on to average 43 with $280k in price rises. I'm not saying that Ilias is going to average anything like that, but the 34 he needs still isn't a huge stretch and the takeaway is that you just can't make a good judgement after one game.

I am not worried. Lesson learnt last year. Sold Croker after R1 and Averillo after R2. I anticipate Ilias will have a lot more freedom when Latrell is back. My view from the nosebleeds at Suncorp was that the Rabbits got absolutely trounced by the Broncos forward pack, was hard for the halves to play eyes up footy and capitalise on space. Idk if the cameras showed it, but there were a lot of missed opportunities last night out wide that would have been capitalised on if Latrell was lurking there and calling for the ball as opposed to Johnston who appeared to hang around the ruck mostly (again, was in the nosebleeds so take this opinion with a grain of salt). Ilias and Walker looked like they were under enormous pressure, I don't anticipate games in the future to be like this. Rabbits must have seen enormous potential in Ilias, they're a well managed team. Gotta have faith. A 300k half in a top side will score some points.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:23 pm

Did you switch from the Dolphin alt to post this Laughing
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:24 pm

TheWeapon wrote:I’m not sure how I feel about Tapine. He looked really good, heavily involved, lots of offloads, and somehow only scored an underwhelming 41.

If he’s an out next week thanks to being an antivaxxer, it might make dropping him for Starling (pending Hodgson prognosis) too appealing to ignore
    I am determined not to make any trades before RD 2, however, Starling will be a must trade in if Hodgo is out for 6 weeks or so. It’s not an ACL apparently.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:24 pm

Our impression Croker from his performances at 6 were that he was a shit fantasy scorer. Round 1 confirmed that. Most here make 2 trades after round 1, and you need to trade out 2 players to make that happen.

They tend to be those that score poorly, and that the worst case narrative of those that didn't select them is confirmed, with those who didn't pick them, saying "I told you so".
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:25 pm

For me saving trades is more important than worrying about 1 game result, look at No7 across the board, the kid will prob ave at least 30 for a few games, you can chuck him out once Suualli or some other potential cow at 220-240 comes along.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:27 pm

TheWeapon wrote:I’m not sure how I feel about Tapine. He looked really good, heavily involved, lots of offloads, and somehow only scored an underwhelming 41.

They havn't added his 4 offloads that went to hand, so he is actually on 49. Its still only a 4 point bump though, he needs to be finding 55 to be of value.
    I am more worried about the 44 minutes played, he looked sweet for 55 mins but Ricky pulled him back off with 10 to go and that is concerning.
    I will give him another week or so, Tapine only needs those minutes, and he will still hit around 50 and make meagre price gains.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:28 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Then SJ has a HIA and Finchy screams "Give SJ a fine for being soft!"

Only Head injury SJ will be having is when he's struggling to sleep tonight through the excitement of tearing the Dragons to shreds.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:28 pm

Walker somehow managed to look lazy and disinterested while also completely overplaying his hand. Hogged the ball and was always popping up on both sides, barely gave Ilias a chance.

I'm not worried after one game but if by Round 3 he's barely contributing to the team then it's easy to jump ship to someone else flourishing around the same price.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:28 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    I am determined not to make any trades before RD 2, however, Starling will be a must trade in if Hodgo is out for 6 weeks or so. It’s not an ACL apparently.

I wouldn't call him a must have, 40 points from 74mins with -10 demerits. Not enough upside there for me given he might be gone in 4-5 weeks.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:29 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I’m on Katoa and Vailea. One of them probably loses their spot when Tohu returns but I can deal with that in a few weeks

Get on the Warriors! We going somewhere in 2022.

(Not down, but up)
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:29 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Ive got Katoa. Gut feel strong season etc etc

Maybe I get SJ too. Ride or die on the warriors right edge

Agree on Katoa. He was in my team right up until the final team, got Dfi and Nanai in.

Only concern with Katoa ia Aitken is IMO ahead of him in the pecking order and Curran moves onto the other edge when he returns with Tohu lock.

Sure he's "trained the house down" with SJ all off season, however what else was he going to try? Train with the backs? He wasn't in, or around the first team overly much last year and I still think he won't lock the spot down when the Wowo's are back at full strength..

Coaches seem to prefer Aitken in the 2nd row from all commentary we;ve heard
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:30 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Im looking forward to blaming Finch for when i inevitably slide S Johnson into my side after two standard drinks this afternoon

Worse case scenario he gets 45/50, might even be goal kicking? Probably would I assume, either him or Nikorima.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:30 pm

Mr Snrub wrote:

Walker somehow managed to look lazy and disinterested while also completely overplaying his hand. Hogged the ball and was always popping up on both sides, barely gave Ilias a chance.  

I'm not worried after one game but if by Round 3 he's barely contributing to the team then it's easy to jump ship to someone else flourishing around the same price.    

The rabbits will be better against poorer sides too. Was always going to be tough up against the best team in the comp

Coffee
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:31 pm

ytsb wrote:

I am not worried. Lesson learnt last year. Sold Croker after R1 and Averillo after R2. I anticipate Ilias will have a lot more freedom when Latrell is back. My view from the nosebleeds at Suncorp was that the Rabbits got absolutely trounced by the Broncos forward pack, was hard for the halves to play eyes up footy and capitalise on space. Idk if the cameras showed it, but there were a lot of missed opportunities last night out wide that would have been capitalised on if Latrell was lurking there and calling for the ball as opposed to Johnston who appeared to hang around the ruck mostly (again, was in the nosebleeds so take this opinion with a grain of salt). Ilias and Walker looked like they were under enormous pressure, I don't anticipate games in the future to be like this. Rabbits must have seen enormous potential in Ilias, they're a well managed team. Gotta have faith. A 300k half in a top side will score some points.

Are Rabbits a top side in 2022 though? Question

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:32 pm