NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 38 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Post by StuDogg101 Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:27 pm

Can someone pleeeeeease sway me one way or the other on Smith + Peats vs. Smith + Seggy? The $1k difference is essentially meaningless in my scenario, but when it comes to byes/scoring potential etc I don't think I can see the wood for the trees... scratch
    Welshy
    Welshy

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 38 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:31 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Can someone pleeeeeease sway me one way or the other on Smith + Peats vs. Smith + Seggy? The $1k difference is essentially meaningless in my scenario, but when it comes to byes/scoring potential etc I don't think I can see the wood for the trees... scratch

I wouldn't worry about byes this early, with 12 weeks until the 1st bye, even the best laid be plans can turn into mush by an injury or 2, so much can happen between then and now, just go with who you think is the best pairing on scoring potential alone for now.

In that scenario i think Smith and Seggy
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:35 pm

A. Evans + Gordon
    B. McGuire + Feeney

(Feeney is in my side either way, but this is whether he starts for me or not)
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:36 pm

Welshy wrote:

I wouldn't worry about byes this early, with 12 weeks until the 1st bye, even the best laid be plans can turn into mush by an injury or 2, so much can happen between then and now, just go with who you think is the best pairing on scoring potential alone for now.

In that scenario i think Smith and Seggy

Good point. I'm not so much "worried" about the byes, I would only really use it in a "all other things equal" scenario. Seggy it is lol
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:38 pm

mulvy wrote:thanks welshy and beast. I was thinking even if he is only scoring 25, that's still 10 more than what he costs and allows me to bring a 7th gun in Tedesco in. Reserves would be Lichaa, Carty, Lawrence and Taylor. And because Ted is a season keeper it would require one less trade. Might be worth the risk....

yea the money saved is the real selling point to having him as a reserve option. Interesting set of reserves, mind throwing your team up here or in the Rate my Team thread as I'm intrigued by what you have assembled there.
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs
    CubanMafiaSandSlugs

Post by CubanMafiaSandSlugs Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:39 pm

Hodgson is the go. He's going to play 80. Hooker/lock.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:41 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

Good point. I'm not so much "worried" about the byes, I would only really use it in a "all other things equal" scenario. Seggy it is lol

don't get me wrong mate Peats was banging out 60's last year and playing 80 a fair but but last year when De Gois came on he shifted to the backrow quite a bit, I'm not sure he does that this year so could be spelled for 10-15 minutes, also has big injury concerns, De Gois might not get named but if he does i don't think Peats has the same role as he played last year
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:43 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Can someone pleeeeeease sway me one way or the other on Smith + Peats vs. Smith + Seggy? The $1k difference is essentially meaningless in my scenario, but when it comes to byes/scoring potential etc I don't think I can see the wood for the trees... scratch

This will sound weird but just pure player for player I would take Peats, but when pairing with Smith I would take Seggy. The safety and consistency you get with Smith means you can afford to take a bit more of a risk with your 2nd hooker and Seggy has the much better scoring potential and likelihood of 65+ scores. Peats is a bit more of a safer option as he is more likely to rack up traditional hooker stats. Bye planning would have you take Peats but in all honesty I wouldn't worry too much about that now when it is awhile away and the scoring is pretty similar. If they were reasonably different in price then you might look into points vs bye planning but don't worry too much now
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:45 pm

CubanMafiaSandSlugs wrote:Hodgson is the go. He's going to play 80. Hooker/lock.

Really looking at him as an alternative to Lichaa in my side. If there is no utility on the bench when teams are named tomorrow he will be very tempting.
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:46 pm

@Bren what is the chance that if Greg Eden kills it at Wing he keeps the spot over kahu (when reed back) and maranta?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:48 pm

Welshy wrote:

don't get me wrong mate Peats was banging out 60's last year and playing 80 a fair but but last year when De Gois came on he shifted to the backrow quite a bit, I'm not sure he does that this year so could be spelled for 10-15 minutes, also has big injury concerns, De Gois might not get named but if he does i don't think Peats has the same role as he played last year

That's the kind of reasoning I was angling for I think. Definitely make my decision easier, thanks!
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:06 pm

CubanMafiaSandSlugs wrote:Hodgson is the go. He's going to play 80. Hooker/lock.

Just wondering how he will get time at lock with that pack.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:11 pm

Lots of 2nd hooker talk with Lichaa/Seggy/Peats/Hodgson but nobody that I've seen mentioning Issac Luke. Secret POD or bad option? I see his game as far more suited to the Warriors style than the Bunnies, should be getting 80, price a bit deflated from Maguire pissing around with him in the halves for a while last year. Currently have Lichaa (Smith locked in) and there's a lot to like about him but Luke very tempting.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:15 pm

Loomer wrote:

I was on him yesterday but then a Knights fan on Renegades said Paea is not far away from injury and Stockwell could get brought in in a few weeks as well

I feel if Stockwell is around he'd be already in the side. Sounds likes hes out of favour and if Mataora is that bad that Paea keeps him out of a spot instead of twin Daniel then he'll be gone for Pauli or another rookie
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:19 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Lots of 2nd hooker talk with Lichaa/Seggy/Peats/Hodgson but nobody that I've seen mentioning Issac Luke. Secret POD or bad option? I see his game as far more suited to the Warriors style than the Bunnies, should be getting 80, price a bit deflated from Maguire pissing around with him in the halves for a while last year. Currently have Lichaa (Smith locked in) and there's a lot to like about him but Luke very tempting.

As second option behind Smith I see no reason not to look at Luke. A definite POD judging by the lack of mention. May take some time to adjust as the Warriors get to grips like usual, but when they click he could score very well. Will possibly score in a similar vein to Seggy with a lot of run metres, TB's, LB's and LBA's.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:24 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:

yea the money saved is the real selling point to having him as a reserve option. Interesting set of reserves, mind throwing your team up here or in the Rate my Team thread as I'm intrigued by what you have assembled there.

Changes every five minutes and TLT dependant but currently:

Smith Lichaa
    graham evans lawrence Leuluai
    Surgess Merrin LAM Carty Aloilai Saifiti
    dce hastings taylor feeney
    claw auva'a gutherson henry
    Ted Gordon barba mitchell scott 17k

i've also just calculated that if Matagi is named to run on I could downgrade lawrence to matagi and henry to a nuff and Lichaa to Segs with 0k left. I do like the idea of having segs
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:24 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:

Changes every five minutes and TLT dependant but currently:

Smith Lichaa
    graham evans lawrence Leuluai
    Surgess Merrin LAM Carty Aloilai Saifiti
    dce hastings taylor feeney
    claw auva'a gutherson henry
    Ted Gordon barba mitchell scott 17k

i've also just calculated that if Matagi is named to run on I could downgrade lawrence to matagi and henry to a nuff and Lichaa to Segs with 0k left. I do like the idea of having segs
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:34 pm

Loomer wrote:

Just wondering how he will get time at lock with that pack.

Yeah I think this is really unlikely, plus we have both Baptiste and Clydesdale and Ricky has talked about Lachlin Croker perhaps getting a utility spot later in the year so as much as I'd like to see him play 80 - It's a big gamble fantasy wise. Still, he's a great player and from all accounts was on fire in the trial so if it does pay off, it would be huge.

Personally, If I choose to go the 2nd hooker route, I'll be looking at Luke as mentioned by Rhinoceroo. He's not a bad finisher so he will love the offloads he gets from that pack and I think he will really benefit from all the attention defences will pay to SJ and RTS.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:42 pm

Is this team to light on guns?? Or has some balance been struck. Bold are obvioulsy reserve options, not to keen on reserving any of the halves down to wfb except for Taylor

Seggy, Lichaa
    Woods, Grant, Evans, BLaw
    Cooper, Carty, LAM, Rochow, NAS, JSaifiti
    DCE, Hastings, Taylor, JNikorima
    Aubbs, CLaw, Auvaa, Gutherson
    Mansour, Gordon, Barba, Feeney, Mitchell

16k spare
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:45 pm

Who scores more

Kyle Turner or Chris Lawrence?

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:42 am