NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Welshy
    Welshy

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 28 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:35 am

Regardless of how many weeks Pearce is out JNiko is probably the best rookie half option bar Taylor, so unless you have Feeney there there isn't many other options TMM the likeliest...unless you run 2 gun halves or a gun and JRey esque player
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8 - Page 28 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 8

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:40 am

Welshy wrote:Regardless of how many weeks Pearce is out JNiko is probably the best rookie half option bar Taylor, so unless you have Feeney there there isn't many other options TMM the likeliest...unless you run 2 gun halves or a gun and JRey esque player

That's pretty much the decision I think. If you run with 3 cheapies then despite long term job security, Niko is the best 4th option. But if you don't want him then the better thing to do for your team is run with a mid ranger as the 2nd option, with Hastings at 3rd, as you would otherwise be killing off a spot in one of the more reliable scoring positions and hoping for an injury for your non-cheapie that isn't JNiko to get a run
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:47 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:

That's pretty much the decision I think. If you run with 3 cheapies then despite long term job security, Niko is the best 4th option. But if you don't want him then the better thing to do for your team is run with a mid ranger as the 2nd option, with Hastings at 3rd, as you would otherwise be killing off a spot in one of the more reliable scoring positions and hoping for an injury for your non-cheapie that isn't JNiko to get a run
    probably the best option will be if Barba is named FB then You can shunt Feeny into the 4th half spot if you are not happy with how many games JNiko will get, nothing to say JNiko can't make $100,000 in those 6* weeks though
    Big Nick
    Big Nick

Post by Big Nick Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:50 am

Hypothetical: If Shaun Lane is named to start over T-Rex on TLT, would you take the punt? I've got a sneaky suspicion that he'll get big minutes this year as he's off contract and they'll want to retain him, but it's just a matter of when.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:55 am

Only two more needs to join L4 well done guys!
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:46 am

Welshy wrote:
    probably the best option will be if Barba is named FB then You can shunt Feeny into the 4th half spot if you are not happy with how many games JNiko will get, nothing to say JNiko can't make $100,000 in those 6* weeks though

Fair call forgot about their DPP for a bit. Definitely the best alternative to JNiko if you still want a cheap 4th half option with the other options like TMM needing injuries to stake their claim
    Klemhammer
    Klemhammer

Post by Klemhammer Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:02 am

Big Nick wrote:Hypothetical: If Shaun Lane is named to start over T-Rex on TLT, would you take the punt? I've got a sneaky suspicion that he'll get big minutes this year as he's off contract and they'll want to retain him, but it's just a matter of when.

If he were to start over trex which I doubt he will he would get 50 mins I reckon, maybe round 10 if trex doesn't perform
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:05 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:

Fair call forgot about their DPP for a bit. Definitely the best alternative to JNiko if you still want a cheap 4th half option with the other options like TMM needing injuries to stake their claim
    TLT can't come quick enough mate, sort out all this guessing then haha!
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:07 am

Big Nick wrote:Hypothetical: If Shaun Lane is named to start over T-Rex on TLT, would you take the punt? I've got a sneaky suspicion that he'll get big minutes this year as he's off contract and they'll want to retain him, but it's just a matter of when.

The minutes would be key and I think with the doggies pack there just isn't enough for him. Des likes to run with his big boys off the bench in small spurts and in doing so likes to rotate the forwards around pretty regularly. With Tolman, Graham and Jackson all being big minute players I can't see there being enough for the rest if Lane also gets 60+
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:09 am

Welshy wrote:

Don't even think TLT sorts out some guessing. Until we get an announcement on Pearce's punishment people will be iffy about running with JNiko. And adjusting a team to bringing him in/taking him out is a reasonable undertaking and can easily see about 3 or 4 other positions in your team changing as a result
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:11 am

Welshy wrote:

i think if learned anything last year with likes of Bird, important to go with the few rookies you think will make it this year even if not starting come Tuesday.

I think Latrell Mitchell is very important for this, and possibly even Barba as I can see him eventually at fullback if not right away. Couple of saved trades right there. I think forwards are hardest for rookie spots. Will be looking for those named to start not bench here. That way when teams return to full strength in the forwards there's good chance they relegate to bench rather than out of squad, which is what I expect someone like Leuluai will do at the chooks (i.e. Lose his place completely when players come back)
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:22 am

GreenMachine wrote:

i think if learned anything last year with likes of Bird, important to go with the few rookies you think will make it this year even if not starting come Tuesday.

I think Latrell Mitchell is very important for this, and possibly even Barba as I can see him eventually at fullback if not right away. Couple of saved trades right there.  I think forwards are hardest for rookie spots. Will be looking for those named to start not bench here. That way when teams return to full strength in the forwards there's good chance they relegate to bench rather than out of squad, which is what I expect someone like Leuluai will do at the chooks (i.e. Lose his place completely when players come back)
    definately mate had bird and coote stashed away last year will be going with Mitchell regardless, Barba potentially, I think the tigers will have a cheapie or 2 emerge in the pack come TLT their backrow is hugely underwhelming and surely have to get some youngsters blooded soon
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:38 am

GreenMachine wrote:

I think Latrell Mitchell is very important for this, and possibly even Barba as I can see him eventually at fullback if not right away. Couple of saved trades right there.  I think forwards are hardest for rookie spots. Will be looking for those named to start not bench here. That way when teams return to full strength in the forwards there's good chance they relegate to bench rather than out of squad, which is what I expect someone like Leuluai will do at the chooks (i.e. Lose his place completely when players come back)

See what you mean, especially with the Newcastle players, but in the specific case of Leuluai would be happy to carry him as JWH/Cordner out for long enough for him to have made maximum money before they're back.

Mitchell is one I'll have in my squad even if not named Rnd1. TMM would be as well if it weren't for strength of HLF options - think he's going to get plenty of football sooner rather than later.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:40 am

I definitely think i will go with that tip from greenmachine about rookie forwards. Have been playing with my team endlessly this evening but it all comes down to who is named in those team lists really.

I didnt start last year with any of the guys like Bird and Coote and went with Lee and Nabuli because i knew they would be on the field. Lesson learned there.

Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:24 am

Just wanting to discuss a few rookies/bottom price players that are confirmed to play round 1 and whether they are a viable option or not:

Greg Eden - No (four weeks)
    Latrell Mitchell - Yes
    Curtis Scott - Worth a gamble for me
    Jaleen Feeney - Yes
    Pat and Chanel Mata'utia - steering clear with Sione, Ross and Mamo in waiting
    MCK - not yet
    Benry - maybe but probably wait for an injury
    Aloiai - No for me with Halatau and Edwards to come back round 2/3, and Buchanan floating around
    Vleuluai - Probably safe for first 6 weeks (will make some coin)
    DSafiti - no for me as in prop rotation with Snowden, KSims, Mataora and with Stockwell/Paea floating around
    JSafiti - yes for first five weeks
    DBhana - maybe and is a tackle machine.

Gutherson is locked in

Looking to have Gutherson, Mitchell, Scott, Feeney, JSafiti in my team and 1 of Benry, Leuluai and Bhana.

Choose 1 of Benry, Leuluai and Bhana if all named on bench round 1.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:41 am

I am very close to putting Mitchell Moses in my team
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:56 am

Excited HAPPY TLT-EVE!!! Excited
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:23 am

Won't happen TLT as I believe he's injured but I'll be monitoring his minutes when back
    chitmunkey
    chitmunkey

Post by chitmunkey Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:45 am

Looks like barba will jag the FB spot

http://www.nrl.com/fit-again-barba-not-a-bench-player-flanagan/tabid/10874/newsid/93257/default.aspx
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:01 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:I definitely think i will go with that tip from greenmachine about rookie forwards. Have been playing with my team endlessly this evening but it all comes down to who is named in those team lists really.

I didnt start last year with any of the guys like Bird and Coote and went with Lee and Nabuli because i knew they would be on the field. Lesson learned there.

Only problem with this is you could be stuck with guys like Chee-Kam and Moga who were talked up all preseason in years past and then didn't even play a single game of first grade

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:35 pm