NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Fantasy Fantasy rule changes

Poll

Do you want double points for your Wildcard

[ 2 ]
    Fantasy Fantasy rule changes Bar_left18%Fantasy Fantasy rule changes Bar_right [18%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Fantasy Fantasy rule changes Bar_left9%Fantasy Fantasy rule changes Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Fantasy Fantasy rule changes Bar_left0%Fantasy Fantasy rule changes Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Fantasy Fantasy rule changes Bar_left0%Fantasy Fantasy rule changes Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Fantasy Fantasy rule changes Bar_left18%Fantasy Fantasy rule changes Bar_right [18%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    Fantasy Fantasy rule changes Bar_left9%Fantasy Fantasy rule changes Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Fantasy Fantasy rule changes Bar_left36%Fantasy Fantasy rule changes Bar_right [36%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]

Total Votes: 11
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Fantasy Fantasy rule changes Empty Fantasy Fantasy rule changes

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:18 pm

After receiving some excellent suggestions from @easytiger  I have made some changes to the Fantasy Fantasy rules, in order to give those who fall behind early a chance to claw their way back into contention. The relevant one being a points boost for the fanatic who gets the top score in each League each week. I've made an executive decision on those new rules, but I thought I should put some of the other suggestions to a popular vote.

Do you want to receive double points for your Wildcard selection? It would have to be your Wildcard as it would be a complete nightmare for me to allow a captain bonus for a weekly selection of your choice.
    As above, this would give you a chance to make up some lost ground but maybe you may feel that it is too powerful. I'll leave it to you to decide.

Do you want some extra transfers? This is pretty easy for me to implement so I'm kappy to allow it.

Last edited by Cookie Monster on Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Fantasy Fantasy rule changes Empty Re: Fantasy Fantasy rule changes

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:22 pm

It doesn't seem to let me select multiple options sorry CM
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:25 pm

Yep can only vote for one thing
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:26 pm

What’s this for sorry?
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:29 pm

Damn it

Another Cookie Monster SNAFU

Could a Mod fix the poll if possible or just nuke the entire thread? I can't seem to edit the poll now. Sorry about this Embarassed
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:33 pm

Def think extra trades would be good
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:35 pm

Could do a manual vote?

I like the double wildcard points, but maybe only after half the season is done?

I also like an extra trade to make it 3. Any more might become burdensome for you CM.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:46 pm

No and no for me

Could be persuaded yes for the second - maybe 1 extra, so R6/12/18?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:23 pm

1. yeah, I think double point wildcard would be pretty cool.
    2 & 3. yep. three trades, as above, is cool, or four at rounds 5, 10, 15, 20 or some such thing would be cool too? But I agree with Snatch, only an amount that doesn't make it unpleasant for our host.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:25 pm

Hey Cookie, there should be a button for you to delete the whole thread. If not let us know in here and we'll do it for you to start again.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:31 am

Late night musings

I think if the goal is to give trailing teams more of a chance to catch up, then double points wildcard might not achieve this. If someone at the start of the season gets a few 30s or 32s then even after trades it could be hard for people who have copped some 2s and 4s to catch up. 

Possible alternatives would be being able to change your wildcard every week (too onerous on Cookie), more trades or trade windows, or have specific weeks set in advance that will be double points. 

Or... predetermined weeks for double points in certain leagues, eg R1, L1 has double, R2, L2 etc (or reverse order).
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:19 am

StuDogg101 wrote:Late night musings

I think if the goal is to give trailing teams more of a chance to catch up, then double points wildcard might not achieve this. If someone at the start of the season gets a few 30s or 32s then even after trades it could be hard for people who have copped some 2s and 4s to catch up. 

Possible alternatives would be being able to change your wildcard every week (too onerous on Cookie), more trades or trade windows, or have specific weeks set in advance that will be double points. 

Or... predetermined weeks for double points in certain leagues, eg R1, L1 has double, R2, L2 etc (or reverse order).

It is possible that it could have unexpected results (and make the stronger teams more dominant, but could also create more opportunity for others to catch up with a well timed pick).
    I must admit that part of the idea with a kind've Captaincy wildcard was just as a fun notion - picking a forum member that you're prepared to back to gun it.

I did see this as working best if in conjunction with more a few more trade weeks. e.g. if there were say 4 or 5 trade weeks, then that gives you potentially 5 or 6 different Captains you could have across the year.

If Player 1 starts out strong with a high performing Captain, they naturally will be hesitant to change, but that creates opportunity for others to take more risk.

Teams often go through cycles across the fantasy years, those that start strong in the first month may have traded heavier and tail off later (I'd be surprised if many top 100 teams in the first month end up in the top 100 come year end for example).
    There's players that strategise harder for the bye period, and then there's the home stretch - do you go with someone safe doing well, or someone that has more recent momentum.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:36 am

I now see the merit in the captain, but yeah, would have to be done with more trades. Which then comes down to if Cookie can be bothered running 4 or 5 trade weeks.

Also a trade should be allowed where you move someone already in your squad to WC slot e.g. I replace my WC with a L2 player, but want to move the L2 player I already have into the WC slot for captaincy reasons.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:08 am

Then again, if we're truly looking for the best fantasy fantasy player, shouldn't we leave it as is? Camo dominated last year, and would have been disappointing if he lost due to one or two rounds of the wrong captaincy wildcard.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:23 am

robelgordo wrote:I now see the merit in the captain, but yeah, would have to be done with more trades. Which then comes down to if Cookie can be bothered running 4 or 5 trade weeks.

Also a trade should be allowed where you move someone already in your squad to WC slot e.g. I replace my WC with a L2 player, but want to move the L2 player I already have into the WC slot for captaincy reasons.

Yeah, that's exactly how I imagined it could be used.

- At trade time you can re-select your wildcard from all your existing players.

ex1: WC is from L4, You swap them with your other L4 player in the same league as them without costing a trade.

ex2: You sub the WC out for an existing player in your team from another league e.g. L7 (you then need to sub in a new player into the vacated spot in league L7).

ex3: Standard trade League 9 for League 9 player (no change in WC), or WC for entirely new WC.

PS> Are you the Dolphin?
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:34 am

Snatchpato wrote:Then again, if we're truly looking for the best fantasy fantasy player, shouldn't we leave it as is? Camo dominated last year, and would have been disappointing if he lost due to one or two rounds of the wrong captaincy wildcard.

It's not NRL if you don't keep changing the rules

It's not NRL fantasy if you don't keep changing the scoring structure

It's not NRL fantasy fantasy if ummmm.... we keep letting Camo win everything
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:11 pm

My thoughts from someone that was a rookie to this last year:

Keen for the trades to increase (I voted 3 more) but I'm a no for the double points.

Also really like the points boost for the top in each league, I think between that and the more trades (plus whatever other ET suggestions that Cookie has already decided to implement) imo that is probably enough changes and then could always reassess the double points one next year
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:54 pm

I think 1 extra trade and keep WC no double

Happy with the extra points for 1st in league

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:19 am