NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 4 - Leniu is back on the menu

The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 4 - Leniu is back on the menu - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 4 - Leniu is back on the menu

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:17 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Andrew Fifita is potentially the best value player in the entire game.

Base price with fantasy pedigree as a captaincy option

Do I think he is likely to return to that sort of scoring? Absolutely not

Would I rather have him than someone like Moeroa or Lisone? You bet

For what it's worth Fifita isn't currently in my team
    If nothing else, he is a damn fine enabler that might actually play. He is so cheap and sits nicely at position 21. As a Tigers supporter if you have no expectation then you can’t be disappointed!
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 4 - Leniu is back on the menu - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 4 - Leniu is back on the menu

Post by Jumping Marlin Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:50 am

Per MTBs site:

Fifita #3 on the who’s hot list.

TPJ #1 in the who’s not.

Then again, Wishart being #7 on the hot list tells us all we need to know about the average punter
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:51 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Andrew Fifita is potentially the best value player in the entire game.

Base price with fantasy pedigree as a captaincy option

Do I think he is likely to return to that sort of scoring? Absolutely not

Would I rather have him than someone like Moeroa or Lisone? You bet

For what it's worth Fifita isn't currently in my team
    I have Fifita in NPRs.
    Base price, offers some cover for Middle. If he gets 25 - 35 mins he'll make some coin.
    Worse options out there. And, wouldn't we all cheer if he came on and did one of his bustling charges for a meatie.  cheer
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:53 am

Jumping Marlin wrote:Per MTBs site:

Fifita #3 on the who’s hot list.

TPJ #1 in the who’s not.  

Then again, Wishart being #7 on the hot list tells us all we need to know about the average punter
    I'm running a Fantasy comp. My best mate's 10 year old son has his own team - he has selected Wishart.
    But, he's also selected Cleary & DCE as his starting halves!  affraid
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:09 am

I’ve held off until this morning waiting on the tram to make a team. Hate it.

Starling
    Uto, bullimor, trapine
    Aitken, i’pap
    Munster, clune
    Cotric, cobbo
    Pap, hynes, cnk

Cotter, Randal, Kobe, illias

Fifita, tago, howarth, metcalf (I basically just randomly picked these guys)

The main issues I see, it’s a team of mediocrity. No real captain option. Munster out for first rd? Or is it first 2?

I kinda want latrell in my team.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:33 am

Honey Badger wrote:

You've done well to fit in Cleary, Haas and Fifita!
    Thanks mate.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:33 am

Fortitude wrote:I’ve held off until this morning waiting on the tram to make a team. Hate it.

Starling
    Uto, bullimor, trapine
    Aitken, i’pap
    Munster, clune
    Cotric, cobbo
    Pap, hynes, cnk

Cotter, Randal, Kobe, illias

Fifita, tago, howarth, metcalf (I basically just randomly picked these guys)

The main issues I see, it’s a team of mediocrity. No real captain option. Munster out for first rd? Or is it first 2?

I kinda want latrell in my team.

Is there a reason you arent planning to start with Cleary? I'd suggest someone like Fifita if you need a captain option that isnt him or Turbo.
    GoingNuts
    GoingNuts

Post by GoingNuts Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:37 am

I feel this year is going to be the hardest year in a while to get the right team.

There appear to be a lot of good players out first few rounds.

Lots of potential with Mids. But if you pick the wrong one you are left in no mans land unless you have cash in the bank. It will be a diamonds and stones situation I think.

At this stage lots of cheap cashies, but high potential to pick the wrong one. With the players out, there is a good chance of roles changing once people is back.

Ridiculously high price of some players makes balance difficult if you want a set and forget captain option.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:38 am

Looks like TPJ didn’t get charged for anything last night well I never no idea how he got off.

Anyway I do not think I can start with him.

Anyone else on Arrow 554k and will get DPP. With us having lost Su’a as well and the fact Arrow is on big money I really think he has to play bigger minutes. He will start on edge and then move to middle.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:40 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Looks like TPJ didn’t get charged for anything last night well I never no idea how he got off.

Anyway I do not think I can start with him.

Anyone else on Arrow 554k and will get DPP. With us having lost Su’a as well and the fact Arrow is on big money I really think he has to play bigger minutes. He will start on edge and then move to middle.

If what you say is true Rabs I will consider him
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:42 am

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Were these Aussies born in NZ or had a NZ parent who was a Maori? All I’m saying is that like Tonga and Samoa, The Cook Islands is not in NZ. Culturally they are all different!

I think you could argue that the Cook Islands is in NZ? certainly part of our EEZ
    NZ Exclusive Economic Zone:

I can't speak of their lineage exactly, but CNK and Esan Marsters are two Cook Islanders that have also represented NZ Maori.
    I don't think where you're born has anything to do with whether you identify as Maori.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:50 am

easytiger wrote:

I think you could argue that the Cook Islands is in NZ? certainly part of our EEZ
    NZ Exclusive Economic Zone:

I can't speak of their lineage exactly, but CNK and Esan Marsters are two Cook Islanders that have also represented NZ Maori.
    I don't think where you're born has anything to do with whether you identify as Maori.

Yeah this is what I was thinking.

Obviously its complicated and I doubt anyone in NRL-land has really out any thought into it. I would think the most likely answer is that Niukore wasn't in consideration to make the 17, so they didn't get an exemption. Or Parra didn't think about asking.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:51 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:
    I'm running a Fantasy comp. My best mate's 10 year old son has his own team - he has selected Wishart.
    But, he's also selected Cleary & DCE as his starting halves!  affraid

Sounds like a kid that will go far.
    Rico_the_munter

Post by Rico_the_munter Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:54 am

Team trapdaddy
    Cheddar
    Uto, makatoa, bullemor
    Riki, D fifita
    Ilias, j hughes
    Aitken, bird
    Hynes, sloan, Manu

Randall, A fifita, kobez, wisharted

Walters, jock, koala, howarth

Last edited by Rico_the_munter on Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:54 am

robelgordo wrote:

Yeah this is what I was thinking.

Obviously its complicated and I doubt anyone in NRL-land has really out any thought into it. I would think the most likely answer is that Niukore wasn't in consideration to make the 17, so they didn't get an exemption. Or Parra didn't think about asking.

I agree. Wasn't considered and thus the question never came up.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:55 am

Rico_the_munter wrote:Team trapdaddy
    Cheddar
    Uto, makatoa, bullemor
    Riki, D fifita
    Ilias, j hughes
    Aitken, bird
    Hynes, sloan, Manu

Walters, jock, koala

Run out of cash for that last spot?
    Rico_the_munter

Post by Rico_the_munter Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:55 am

Thought i was on twitter

Howarth
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:57 am

mattnz wrote:

Is there a reason you arent planning to start with Cleary? I'd suggest someone like Fifita if you need a captain option that isnt him or Turbo.

Just coz he expensive af. Having started with him last year and doing really well, I understand the concern of leaving him out. I’ll see how rd1 team starts.

Gut feels, turbo and Cleary 2021 will not match 2022. Particularly at start of year. Turbo wasn’t as damaging as I’d hope in trials. I wouldn’t say he will be neutralised, but I think teams will defend against him better this year.

Last edited by Fortitude on Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:57 am

New team thrown together. Looks closer to something I’d like to run

Cook
    Arrow, Uto, Bully
    Fifita, Fermor
    Cleary, Mann
    Penisini, Tago
    Crichton, Nofo, Paulo

Randall, Clune, Amone, Nanai
    Paix, Ilias, Fifita, Russell

Seems like a good mix and don’t have to rely on Randall too much
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:00 am

Rico_the_munter wrote:Team trapdaddy
    Cheddar
    Uto, makatoa, bullemor
    Riki, D fifita
    Ilias, j hughes
    Aitken, bird
    Hynes, sloan, Manu

Walters, jock, koala

Makatoa is a PPM beast, but doubt he gets enough minutes unless there are injuries.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:16 am