NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Bunker

Poll

Will it be effective?

[ 4 ]
    The Bunker - Page 2 Bar_left67%The Bunker - Page 2 Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The Bunker - Page 2 Bar_left17%The Bunker - Page 2 Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The Bunker - Page 2 Bar_left16%The Bunker - Page 2 Bar_right [16%] 

Total Votes: 6
    Dip

The Bunker - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bunker

Post by Dip Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:26 pm

Some more criticism on last night's game. Personally I reckon they got 2 wrong, one not awarding the Takarangi try for offside (I thought he was on), and the other for awarding the try when they said Takarangi didn't knock on (I thought he did).

Having said that, while ever you've got people making decisions, there are still going to be mistakes. There are people calling it a disaster, but I reckon that it is going so much better than previous years, when I reckon there were at least a couple of clangers every round. I'm prepared to call it a success even though it's not perfect.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:34 pm

Its no different to how it was.
    There are a few clangers every round like there always was.

The good thing about the Bunker though, is its heaps quicker a lot of the time - and they talk through the process most of the time. Thats where its real value lies IMO.

last night, Tacka definitly knocked it on IMO and I guess the other one was touch and go
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:51 pm

The bunker will be perfect when we bring in two things, HD slow mo cameras to every game and a line similar to the EPL. That's all you need to improve it 100%
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:17 am

I find that the less you listen to Phil Gould, the less mistakes the referees make.

He loves nothing more than making everything seem like the biggest disaster ever.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:54 am

i was happy with last nights:

1st call re offside, i think he was probably on but i don't think anyone could be 100% sure, defs an argument for a soccer like offside line. Touchie who had a great angle called offside right away and happy to go with it

2nd call, i wasn't certain either way, i thought he touched and i think it would have gone forward but i wasn't 100% certain so happy to go with original call

re: the eels obstruction penalty, ref said no try but he absolutely would have let them play on if eels got tackled. if its obstruction, it should be a penalty right there and then, there is no need to play on
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:50 am

leaguegod wrote:i was happy with last nights:

1st call re offside, i think he was probably on but i don't think anyone could be 100% sure, defs an argument for a soccer like offside line. Touchie who had a great angle called offside right away and happy to go with it

2nd call, i wasn't certain either way, i thought he touched and i think it would have gone forward but i wasn't 100% certain so happy to go with original call

re: the eels obstruction penalty, ref said no try but he absolutely would have let them play on if eels got tackled. if its obstruction, it should be a penalty right there and then, there is no need to play on

Not really bunker related but I agree and it's a recurring error.

I usually switch off when Gouldy starts his rants (it shits me equally as much when Rabs tries to downplay things)......but he does have a point when it comes to obstruction.

It is one of those things that is obvious when you are out there and just like forward passes, I think it's something we should not be allowing the bunker to rule on.

Back to the bunker, it's a little bit weird and I'm still not completely sold on the video ref but it is a lot better having the decisions finalized quicker.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:14 pm

I wish they had the zoom on the Bunker when Jarryd Hayne was playing, would have seen his foot never touch the line.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:08 pm

Honeysett wrote:I wish they had the zoom on the Bunker when Jarryd Hayne was playing, would have seen his foot never touch the line.

bounce
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:16 pm

Gould missed the whole point as usual recently, thats part of sending it up, its not ruled obstruction until it is confirmed. Thought that was very obvious. Whats the benfit to the game of ruling obstruction and a penalty on the spot if we look at a replay after the fact and it is not obstruction....
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:26 am

Revraiser wrote:Gould missed the whole point as usual recently, thats part of sending it up, its not ruled obstruction until it is confirmed. Thought that was very obvious. Whats the benfit to the game of ruling obstruction and a penalty on the spot if we look at a replay after the fact and it is not obstruction....

yeah exactly, he suspected there might be one so went upstairs.
    He didnt know that there was one, its why he went up there.

I too hate that they cant rule on forward passes. Why the fuck not?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:29 am

Pieman wrote:

yeah exactly, he suspected there might be one so went upstairs.
    He didnt know that there was one, its why he went up there.

I too hate that they cant rule on forward passes. Why the fuck not?

They can't get offsides correct let alone forward passes. The less they have the better.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:09 am

Honeysett wrote:

They can't get offsides correct let alone forward passes. The less they have the better.

I think a forward pass could be something that the could rule on - because its pretty fucking obvious when a ball goes forward, and embarassing when you watch replay after replay of what might or might not be a knock on when putting the ball down - but the pass before it was forward.

Also, why dont they use computerised lines like they do with the NFL - only when reviewing plays tho. They could do it with offside too - 10m back the line is, you could easily tell if players were offside or not.

With kick offsides, Put up a bright yellow line across the field when they review it, in line with the kicker - if the bloke is over the line he is offside, if not, he's on side.

They could use that with forward passes too, fuck the back out of the hands stuff. If the ball goes forward - if it travels over the line they could put up - its a forward pass.

I wouldnt want that on the field all the time like the NFL, but it could be really helpful when the bunker are reviewing stuff.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:55 am