NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 85 - Creedence Cleary Revival

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 85 - Creedence Cleary Revival - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 85 - Creedence Cleary Revival

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:38 pm

Khany wrote:Just looking at the new fines for NSW residents breaching home quarantine orders.  Wow.
    They should’ve been tough from the start it’s out of hand now. The amount of people out and about doing the wrong is ridiculous though selfish entitled pricks.......
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 85 - Creedence Cleary Revival - Page 33 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 85 - Creedence Cleary Revival

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:39 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Or he could just do less illegal shit hey

Haha agree 100% even as an owner, not that it should sway my thoughts.

It’s like when fans are like why was the penalty count 10-3? The refs are on the take!
    No mate your teams just grubby as fuck
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:40 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Its terrible. If Cleary does another shoulder charge, the NRL will have to find another reason not to suspend him.
    He'd better not put them in that position
    He will get off he is the golden child. Imagine if someone did to Cleary what he did to Bird they’d be instantly in trouble.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:40 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Im ok with that judiciary outcome.

It just blows my mind that it was somehow missed in the game. Actually, not missed but viewed on video and deemed ok.

It was 100% a dud call.
    Panthers clearly benefited from an action that has been completely made illegal - and I say that as a Burton owner.
    The try should've got the red light, penalty Dragons.

Panthers very likely would've still won, but the Dragons had an opportunity stolen from them and the contest is diminished as a result.

It's tough on teams that are struggling to pick themselves up after calls like that - especially bad when the calls have had the benefit of technology - yet later the player is charged with an illegal contact
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:46 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Its terrible. If Cleary does another shoulder charge, the NRL will have to find another reason not to suspend him.
    He'd better not put them in that position

Dunno what's up with the tone here, but I was re-iterating that he wasn't cleared of the charge. He's clear to play, but he was charged.

If he does it next week, he'll probably cop the plea and take a week off.

If it happens during the semi-final though.. prepare for a potential can of worms.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:56 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Dunno what's up with the tone here, but I was re-iterating that he wasn't cleared of the charge. He's clear to play, but he was charged.

If it happens during the semi-final though.. prepare for a potential can of worms.

They don’t own Cleary and are grumpy that the owners have been kissed on the collective dicks
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:58 pm

Can't recall the exact play of the shoulder charge, kick return ?  Whatever it was I'm sure it's been noted by future panther opponents .
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:59 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

I think he may have actually got the dangerous contact charge for the late hit on the kicker and avoided charge for shoulder charge altogether
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:00 pm

ynot wrote:Par Charts for after Friday:

Charts should read Top 1000 from Rd 21

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 85 - Creedence Cleary Revival - Page 33 MQmmqFC

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 85 - Creedence Cleary Revival - Page 33 JHMFK0q

My team currently sitting well above par. Started the round at rank 1516, live rank now is 822.
    484/7c with Nicho still to be added. Hopefully I can get back into the top 1000 so I get included in ynot's charts Razz
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:03 pm

filthridden wrote:

Ridiculous that they let it get to this point and ridiculous that their solution is to increase fines.

Pretty much everyone I know has thought it should for 5kms for all of sydney since the first council lockdowns. Chasing positive cases council by council never made sense. And now the whole state is fucked plus Canberra.

Don’t really love the bigger fines though for various reasons.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:04 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

They don’t own Cleary and are grumpy that the owners have been kissed on the collective dicks

I thought Milch has and captained Cleary, so wasn't sure if the sarcasm was directed at me or just an opportune joke Laughing

I'm in the want-Cleary to play camp, but it's a grade 1 shoulder charge to me. Contact with the kicker didn't look ridiculous to me, but did surprise me coming from.. a kicker.

If the latter got the charge and not the former, yeah wtf? Laughing
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:12 pm

poisoncup wrote:I had Dearden at 17 and Verrills in 18, but I think I’ll loop Lolo into 17 to take Verrills 48…

You know what they say about Jack.
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:17 pm

White Lightning wrote:If I was Radley I'd get pissed & get on a plane

What exactly would he pissed about ? That he got loading from previous charges and refused publicly to alter his playing style or that Clearly didn't get charged which has got nothing to do with him?
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:28 pm

sajjos wrote:

What exactly would he pissed about ? That he got loading from previous charges and refused publicly to alter his playing style or that Clearly didn't get charged which has got nothing to do with him?

Probably a little pissed at himself that he didn't consider that diving onto the ball to stop a field goal was a bad idea because it might result in injury. In my mind (keep in mind I am a roosters support), Radley falls under the category of "tough but not malicious". Just throws his body on the line and gives it everything he's got. I'm not saying his suspension was wrong at all btw. Rules are rules. JWH (still love the bloke) is one of those niggly "enforcers" and sometimes gives away malicious and obvious penalties.

If only Radley played 10 year ago.
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:33 pm

ytsb wrote:

Probably a little pissed at himself that he didn't consider that diving onto the ball to stop a field goal was a bad idea because it might result in injury. In my mind (keep in mind I am a roosters support), Radley falls under the category of "tough but not malicious". Just throws his body on the line and gives it everything he's got. I'm not saying his suspension was wrong at all btw. Rules are rules. JWH (still love the bloke) is one of those niggly "enforcers" and sometimes gives away malicious and obvious penalties.

If only Radley played 10 year ago.

Agree mate. There is no denying the talent but its being wasted for half the season sitting on the pine. Probably he needs to do a risk-reward analysis of his actions to see if he can tone down a lit bit of it for longer term gains for his team.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:36 pm

Brent Read
    @brentread_7
    ·
    41m
    Can understand
    @NRL_Dragons
    frustrations with events this morning concerning Cleary and shoulder charge. They have every reason to ask some serious questions of NRL and MRC. Lack of consistency an issue yet again

Brent Read
    @brentread_7
    ·
    30m
    Explanation from MRC boss Michael Robertson for Cleary decision: “There are four elements to a shoulder charge. The first is force. The second is whether any forceful contact is generated by the shoulder. The third is whether the tackle is made without trying to wrap the arms....

Brent Read
    @brentread_7
    ·
    28m
    Robertson (cont): And the final element is whether the tackle is careless - did a player play with the proper level of care. The only element which is clear in this particular instance is the use of the arms. In this instance, Nathan Cleary was bracing for contact.....

Brent Read
    @brentread_7
    ·
    27m
    Robertson (cont): “The Match Review Committee analyses incidents every week which may be shoulder charge actions, but in most cases are not deemed forceful and therefore do not carry an unacceptable risk of injury."

Brent Read
    @brentread_7
    ·
    18m
    He actually is bumped backwards as a result of the collision.
    “For it to be a charge, the Match Review Committee would need to agree that Cleary did not use the proper level of care which the game requires. Did it bring an unacceptable risk of injury? We deemed it did not.....

filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:41 pm

Appreciate you posting that in here, Rabs.

I actually think that's a pretty good explanation/response.

Now we wait and see if that's applied consistently going forward.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:42 pm

filthridden wrote:Appreciate you posting that in here, Rabs.

I actually think that's a pretty good explanation/response.

Now we wait and see if that's applied consistently going forward.
    And that’s the issue mate the key word being consistency which there is now of and that’s why the members and fans are so angry across every club.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:44 pm

Moanaman wrote:

Then stay the fuck at home. Its not hard.
    I wish I could upvote this more.
    When I was in the cops I would often complain that there was no ticket for stupidity.
    Well now there is.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:47 pm

sajjos wrote:

Agree mate. There is no denying the talent but its being wasted for half the season sitting on the pine. Probably he needs to do a risk-reward analysis of his actions to see if he can tone down a lit bit of it for longer term gains for his team.

Agreed mate, really frustrating. He's my favourite player

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:25 pm