NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

FPL 21/22

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

FPL 21/22  - Page 2 Empty Re: FPL 21/22

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:07 pm

Jack Torrance wrote:Draft EPL team:

Bachmann
    TAA Shaw Tsimikas Amartey
    Salah(c) Fernandes Son
    Toney Antonio Ings

Sanchez Ayling Bissouma Gilmour

Piss weak cheap options in midfield and I've ended up with two of them (Biss and Gilmour). This isnt right so I'll have to reshuffle - maybe I cant have all of TAA / Shaw / Salah / Fernandes / Son Very Happy

10/15 the same as me

Don't think you can go that gun heavy without sacrificing
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:32 pm

Jack Torrance wrote:Here's a Sportsdeck/Dreamteam league if anyone is playing that too

https://sportsdeck.com/au/epl/dreamteam/#/?action=join-league&code=292134

Okay fine, you twisted my arm
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:27 pm

Sanchez
    TAA Shaw Digne
    Raphinha Buendia Fernandes Salah Bissouma
    DCL Antonio

Bachmann White Toney Amartey
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:44 pm

I’ve got the Sanchez/Bachmann GK combo too. Interesting to see it here in a couple of other teams, because the consensus of FPL “experts” is a 2nd keeper is not worth carrying. But I think for 0.5 more it’s totally worth possibly saving a trade. Especially with COVID still a chance of causing chaos. It’s literally the only part of my team I haven’t changed in the last few days
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:27 pm

Jack Torrance wrote:Draft EPL team:

Bachmann
    TAA Shaw Tsimikas Amartey
    Salah(c) Fernandes Son
    Toney Antonio Ings

Sanchez Ayling Bissouma Gilmour

Piss weak cheap options in midfield and I've ended up with two of them (Biss and Gilmour). This isnt right so I'll have to reshuffle - maybe I cant have all of TAA / Shaw / Salah / Fernandes / Son Very Happy

Same front line as mine mate, after first attempt today to slap it together.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:37 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Same front line as mine mate, after first attempt today to slap it together.
    Same front line here too. Though, could drastically change depending on Lukaku's price.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:53 am

Jack Torrance wrote:Here's a Sportsdeck/Dreamteam league if anyone is playing that too

https://sportsdeck.com/au/epl/dreamteam/#/?action=join-league&code=292134

Just looked at this. Got a run down / tips on scoring mechanics?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:55 am

robelgordo wrote:I’ve got the Sanchez/Bachmann GK combo too. Interesting to see it here in a couple of other teams, because the consensus of FPL “experts” is a 2nd keeper is not worth carrying. But I think for 0.5 more it’s totally worth possibly saving a trade. Especially with COVID still a chance of causing chaos. It’s literally the only part of my team I haven’t changed in the last few days

I've been Sanchez/Bachmann since opening. Haven't played FPL in about 5 years but it seems a no brainer to have someone actually playing in case of injury
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:19 am

Clack Bocks wrote:

Just looked at this. Got a run down / tips on scoring mechanics?

There's a lot more scoring stats than FPL, so midfielders that don't score goals can still be useful.

They follow Supercoach pricing change formula, of just using a 3 game average for price changes. Means if someone scores a goal 2 weeks in a row their price will shoot up massively and then crash again if they don't keep scoring. If you time things right you can get very rich very quickly. 42 trades for 38 game weeks means there is not a lot of room for playing the market though.
    If people want to play this seriously I can probably out some BEs up for it, although I'm unlikely to play it seriously myself so no guarantees. but if anyone is keen to do it just send me a PM and I can pass on my spreadsheets and how to get the data

Because its the supercoach engine you can use the VC loophole. AEs can only replace players in the same position, so depending on where your red dots are it is more useful than the supercoach looping rules.
    I don't generally purposefully have a deliberate red dot, but if you do, get a keeper who won't play. Then always start your non-playing keeper.
    It gives you someone to captain if you want to loop, and your actual keeper will sub in if he gets a positive score, so its also a bit of insurance against his team getting flogged or him getting sent off. Of course if your keeper gets injured/dropped you don't have a replacement and have to burn a trade or play short. You can make your non-playing keeper the backup from the same club to help balance this.
    You can also do similar things during the season if you have a red dot and only one sub in that position. Start the red dot and put the riskiest player on the bench. Just means if they get a negative score it won't count, but anything positive will.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:11 am

Just had a look at creating a sportsdeck team

Got to love the stats based pricing. Van Dijk at $4.2mil is half the price if equivalent players.
    And for some reason 47% of teams don't own him.
    Jack Torrance
    Jack Torrance

Post by Jack Torrance Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:50 am

Milchcow wrote:

There's a lot more scoring stats than FPL, so midfielders that don't score goals can still be useful.

They follow Supercoach pricing change formula, of just using a 3 game average for price changes. Means if someone scores a goal 2 weeks in a row their price will shoot up massively and then crash again if they don't keep scoring. If you time things right you can get very rich very quickly. 42 trades for 38 game weeks means there is not a lot of room for playing the market though.
    If people want to play this seriously I can probably out some BEs up for it, although I'm unlikely to play it seriously myself so no guarantees. but if anyone is keen to do it just send me a PM and I can pass on my spreadsheets and how to get the data

Because its the supercoach engine you can use the VC loophole. AEs can only replace players in the same position, so depending on where your red dots are it is more useful than the supercoach looping rules.
    I don't generally purposefully have a deliberate red dot, but if you do, get a keeper who won't play. Then always start your non-playing keeper.
    It gives you someone to captain if you want to loop, and your actual keeper will sub in if he gets a positive score, so its also a bit of insurance against his team getting flogged or him getting sent off. Of course if your keeper gets injured/dropped you don't have a replacement and have to burn a trade or play short. You can make your non-playing keeper the backup from the same club to help balance this.
    You can also do similar things during the season if you have a red dot and only one sub in that position. Start the red dot and put the riskiest player on the bench. Just means if they get a negative score it won't count, but anything positive will.

I might go for a red dot goalie for looping. Not sure if I can be bothered though haha. Its an extra thing I'll have to do to set up the loop. I much prefer the easy path
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:21 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Just had a look at creating a sportsdeck team

Got to love the stats based pricing. Van Dijk at $4.2mil is half the price if equivalent players.
    And for some reason 47% of teams don't own him.

He was so far down the list I missed him.

He comes in for Pereira.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:22 pm

I’ve gone a bit rogue and just added three Everton players to my team now, because loading your team with players for the mid-tier team you support has never gone wrong before. Also taken a few other punts.

Side is:
    Sanchez (Bachmann)
    Shaw Digne Alonso (Tsimikas Ayling)
    Salah(c) Fernandes Jota Gundogan Gray
    Calvert-Lewin Antonio (Deeney)

I’ll probably trade out 1-2 Everton players before deadline but otherwise fairly settled.

Carrying a bit of value on the bench, but generally not a fan of the 12-man squad approach. Don’t trust COVID and also gives me some time and flexibility to move on from early season punts that don’t work out (Alonso and Jota, possibly). It worked last season when everyone was freaking about game cancellations and I was able to navigate pretty easy.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:27 pm

robelgordo wrote:I’ve gone a bit rogue and just added three Everton players to my team now, because loading your team with players for the mid-tier team you support has never gone wrong before. Also taken a few other punts.

Side is:
    Sanchez (Bachmann)
    Shaw Digne Alonso (Tsimikas Ayling)
    Salah(c) Fernandes Jota Gundogan Gray
    Calvert-Lewin Antonio (Deeney)

I’ll probably trade out 1-2 Everton players before deadline but otherwise fairly settled.

Carrying a bit of value on the bench, but generally not a fan of the 12-man squad approach. Don’t trust COVID and also gives me some time and flexibility to move on from early season punts that don’t work out (Alonso and Jota, possibly). It worked last season when everyone was freaking about game cancellations and I was able to navigate pretty easy.

If you are ever gonna play Tsimikas it's week 1. No brainer for me
    Jason Punching

Post by Jason Punching Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:04 pm

Hey guys, first post here so go easy on me!!

English originally and been living in Aus for last 6 years... really got into NRL in last 4 years, but only been playing NRL fantasy for a couple of seasons now, so still finding my way with it although doing ok this year, current position is just a shade over top 6k.

FPL however I have been playing for about 15 years and it has been my thaaang.... actually prefer NRL fantasy as I think it's a more complex game. But they're both excellent. High point of FPL career has been finishing top 1k around 4 times, obviously not easy given how many millions play it. Had 5 or 6 top 50k finishes, and rest somewhere in the 200k - 500k mark.

My fourth edit of my team looks like this:

Sanchez (Bachmann)
    TAA Dias Keane Tsimkas
    Salah (C) Son Bruno Soucek
    Ings Toney

subs: Lowton, Bissouma, Obafemi

This year I think there is FA value in strikers, terrible selection. Lots of value in defense & midfield.

I'm a massive Spurs fan so once Kane's future is settled he'll be straight into my team. Straight in with no questions asked if he goes to City... that prospect in real life + fantasy is scary... but if he gets integrated back into our squad, I will very likely pick him also. He is a proven FPL GUN.

The other one heavily to consider is Lukaku, who I'm formulating a plan on... he's very likely to tear it up playing in this Chelsea team. Not sure if he'll go straight in the team for first match? Hmm.

Good luck to everyone in their FPL campaigns!!

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:10 pm

Jason Punching wrote:Hey guys, first post here so go easy on me!!

English originally and been living in Aus for last 6 years... really got into NRL in last 4 years, but only been playing NRL fantasy for a couple of seasons now, so still finding my way with it although doing ok this year, current position is just a shade over top 6k.

FPL however I have been playing for about 15 years and it has been my thaaang.... actually prefer NRL fantasy as I think it's a more complex game. But they're both excellent. High point of FPL career has been finishing top 1k around 4 times, obviously not easy given how many millions play it. Had 5 or 6 top 50k finishes, and rest somewhere in the 200k - 500k mark.

Sanchez (Bachmann)
    TAA Dias Keane Tsimkas
    Ings Toney

This year I think there is FA value in strikers, terrible selection. Lots of value in defense & midfield.

I'm a massive Spurs fan so once Kane's future is settled he'll be straight into my team. Straight in with no questions asked if he goes to City... that prospect in real life + fantasy is scary... but if he gets integrated back into our squad, I will very likely pick him also. He is a proven FPL GUN.

The other one heavily to consider is Lukaku, who I'm formulating a plan on... he's very likely to tear it up playing in this Chelsea team. Not sure if he'll go straight in the team for first match? Hmm.

Welcome and good luck on your FPL campaign!
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:30 pm

Jason Punching wrote:Hey guys, first post here so go easy on me!!

Sanchez (Bachmann)
    TAA Dias Keane Tsimkas
    Ings Toney

I think i'll just copy your team then Twisted Evil
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:32 pm

Welcome! 4 * top 1k is huge, especially in recent years

And also agree with this

Jason Punching wrote:actually prefer NRL fantasy as I think it's a more complex game.

As someone who only started taking FPL seriously 1.5 seasons ago, there is a lot of conventional thinking with it that seems needlessly complicated. The cynic in me says a lot of it is driven my content creators protecting their revenue streams.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:37 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

If you are ever gonna play Tsimikas it's week 1. No brainer for me

Yeah I've moved him to starting, as well as making a few other changes.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:58 pm

robelgordo wrote:Welcome! 4 * top 1k is huge, especially in recent years

And also agree with this

As someone who only started taking FPL seriously 1.5 seasons ago, there is a lot of conventional thinking with it that seems needlessly complicated. The cynic in me says a lot of it is driven my content creators protecting their revenue streams.

See some wild stuff around. Need to start with non playing players so you can pump money into starters. Can't own a premium if you don't plan to captain them.

Seems counter to what you are trying to achieve for me

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:32 am