NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 70 - Origin, Bye & lock downs

Regulator
    Regulator

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 70 - Origin, Bye & lock downs - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 70 - Origin, Bye & lock downs

Post by Regulator Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:48 am

poisoncup wrote:Might have been discussed already, but thoughts on whether Averillo CTR is still a long-term keeper now that Flanno is back?  Imagine he'll do a lot less kicking, both in general play and for goal and his points will reduce fairly dramatically. He still feels a bit more reliable than most other centres out there, so my intention is to hold, but I'm predicting he'll bleed a lot of cash, and there's some tempting players to trade him to...

Wakeham isn't playing because he has to self isolate. The Dogs haven't sucked that bad lately, be surprised if he doesn't go back into the team when he can. Certainly worth waiting and seeing.

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 70 - Origin, Bye & lock downs - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 70 - Origin, Bye & lock downs

Post by Camo123 Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:52 am

poisoncup wrote:Might have been discussed already, but thoughts on whether Averillo CTR is still a long-term keeper now that Flanno is back?  Imagine he'll do a lot less kicking, both in general play and for goal and his points will reduce fairly dramatically. He still feels a bit more reliable than most other centres out there, so my intention is to hold, but I'm predicting he'll bleed a lot of cash, and there's some tempting players to trade him to...

He still averaged around 48 before Flanagan was dropped after his injury absence
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:54 am

Milchcow wrote:
    the whole Cow family are currently isolating because we spent 90 minutes at a restaurant at the same time as a confirmed case. We ate outdoors, but are all considered close contacts. Unlikely we cauight it directly from whoever had it, but possible we could have got it via wait staff

We've all had 2 negative tests, and have to get a 3rd one on Friday before we'll be allowed out of home isolation. That's what Payten is going through now

Fingers crossed you guys are fine! Reminds me of Lockdown 1.0 when I almost got you in trouble when all this started haha. Scary to think that 15 months on we're still going through all of this.

So bloody excited for some NRL action tomorrow night. Cleary out has made the game way more fun. Who is everyone going with as captain?

I think I'm going with SJ. Can find reasons to be worried about most other options including possibly being rested due to backing up from Origin or having a tricky match up.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:56 am

Milchcow wrote:

Todd Payten is currently isolating as a close contact. He isn't available to coach for 14 days and must isolate at home.

Players currently being tested now

Good news for Taumalolo if Payten isn't on the sidelines!
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:01 am

Averillo was scoring ok with Flanagan after the first few weeks. His scoring might dip, but they'll still be keeper centre scores.

Also, Wakeham is only unavailable for a week and for Flanagan to keep his place he'll have to play really well, which is something that's so far seemed beyond him.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:03 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Averillo was scoring ok with Flanagan after the first few weeks. His scoring might dip, but they'll still be keeper centre scores.

Also, Wakeham is only unavailable for a week and for Flanagan to keep his place he'll have to play really well, which is something that's so far seemed beyond him.

Keeper scores in Ctrs criteria is exclusively, Is the dot green, do they play for any team that aren't the tigers.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:04 am

Kane wrote:Cleary (after one week) and Aekins to Dfifita and Tohu. 

Wont share how many trades i have left as its embarrassing

6 here. Let it out, open up Dance
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:06 am

Early Mail:

Origin duo James Tedesco and Angus Crichton took part in the Roosters’ captain’s run on Wednesday and look right to back up from Sunday’s clash.

Craig Bellamy revealed that he is considering resting his Origin stars, Cameron Munster, Christian Welch, Felise Kaufusi and Josh Addo-Carr.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:12 am

I know we go on about the unreliability of Panthers physio reports, but has there ever been a case of a Penrith player being out longer than expected (hi Manly)?. From memory it's all miraculous recoveries like Api's one week two-month injury last year.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:35 am

Hey lads, got my h2h finals starting in round 19 so things are really getting serious now. This week I am thinking of trading out Cleary and TPJ to Hughes and Turbo which will leave me with this team:
    Brailey
    Ipap Haas Tohu (C)
    Angus Fifi
    Hughes DCE
    Bird Averillo
    Turbo Teddy Simo
    Macca Watson Verills Kris
    Walsh Curran Chambers Suaalii

7 trades with 203k ITB.

If those trades are good for this week, what would you guys recommend going forward? I'm thinking of upgrading Brailey and maybe someone like Curran too.

Any feedback is appreciated! Cheers.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:58 am

mrbrownstone wrote:

I didn't realise Olam had gotten so cheap. That 2 against the Raiders does look like an outlier. Aside from that he's averaging nearly 40.

Run that by LB...
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:04 am

Milchcow wrote:
    the whole Cow family are currently isolating because we spent 90 minutes at a restaurant at the same time as a confirmed case. We ate outdoors, but are all considered close contacts. Unlikely we cauight it directly from whoever had it, but possible we could have got it via wait staff

We've all had 2 negative tests, and have to get a 3rd one on Friday before we'll be allowed out of home isolation. That's what Payten is going through now

Mad cow disease affraid

Nah, hope ur all doing well in the household
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:06 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Hey lads, got my h2h finals starting in round 19 so things are really getting serious now. This week I am thinking of trading out Cleary and TPJ to Hughes and Turbo which will leave me with this team:
    Brailey
    Ipap Haas Tohu (C)
    Angus Fifi
    Hughes DCE
    Bird Averillo
    Turbo Teddy Simo
    Macca Watson Verills Kris
    Walsh Curran Chambers Suaalii

7 trades with 203k ITB.

If those trades are good for this week, what would you guys recommend going forward? I'm thinking of upgrading Brailey and maybe someone like Curran too.

Any feedback is appreciated! Cheers.

The trades look good in isolation but playing H2H i think you need a plan to get Cleary back in for your finals/whenever he returns. I assume you are not in a position in your H2H comp to just hold him and need to trade him out to make the finals?
    poisoncup
    poisoncup

Post by poisoncup Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:16 am

I think it’s reasonable to assume that Penrith will guard Cleary and regulate his involvement a bit when he does return, with an eye to getting him properly involved come the finals. I can’t imagine him tackling anywhere near as much as he normally does,, and I reckon you’ll find Luai running plays a bit more…guessing his points will dip a bit as a result. Although we all thought that would happen at the start of the year, and look what happened.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:37 am

Revraiser wrote:

Run that by LB...

I wanted to comment but I had nothing nice to say
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:37 am

Atleast Dugan is consistent if anything, he has been a dickhead for years Very Happy Very Happy
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:49 am

Jele wrote:

The trades look good in isolation but playing H2H i think you need a plan to get Cleary back in for your finals/whenever he returns. I assume you are not in a position in your H2H comp to just hold him and need to trade him out to make the finals?

Yeah mate I'm not sure about Cleary to be honest. My finals start in round 19 and the grand final in round 22. If Cleary is out for 5 weeks then he will be back in the prelim final. I'm content with going without him. Where would you be looking to upgrade next mate with this team? Brailey/Curran? Only got 7 left so running quite low now
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:51 am

I was interested in pulling together "base" scores for all players.

Is there an actual definition of base stats?

My guess would be Tackles + Metres Gained + Kick Metres + Tackle Busts + Kicks Defused - Missed Tackles?

Would any of offloads, errors, TO tackles, penalties, forced drop outs be included?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:55 am

ynot wrote:I was interested in pulling together "base" scores for all players.

Is there an actual definition of base stats?

My guess would be Tackles + Metres Gained + Kick Metres + Tackle Busts + Kicks Defused - Missed Tackles?

Would any of offloads, errors, TO tackles, penalties,  forced drop outs be included?

I’d say TB are attacking stats

Could potentially argue a number of goals is base for goal kickers (based on average goals/game in nrl stats)
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:13 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Yeah mate I'm not sure about Cleary to be honest. My finals start in round 19 and the grand final in round 22. If Cleary is out for 5 weeks then he will be back in the prelim final. I'm content with going without him. Where would you be looking to upgrade next mate with this team? Brailey/Curran? Only got 7 left so running quite low now

Verrills and Kris as your 16th and 17th men are probably weaker than most so I’d focus on an upgrade there. Verrills (and Curran) might end up 17th/18th man worthy but no way Kris does. With $203k in the bank, you could turn him into AFB for example.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:04 am