NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 70 - Origin, Bye & lock downs

Regulator
    Regulator

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 70 - Origin, Bye & lock downs - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 70 - Origin, Bye & lock downs

Post by Regulator Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:43 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Been out all day, what is the story with Mulitalo? Missed the whole saga.

He isn't eligible for Origin because he wasn't residing in Queensland before his 13th birthday.

Though JT said they're apparently trying to get the documentation in order to show he was lol. But the bloke himself said he moved over at 13.

Mulitalo actually pulled himself out of the game because if he played and they won it would be a big uproar and the decision could get appealed etc.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 70 - Origin, Bye & lock downs - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 70 - Origin, Bye & lock downs

Post by mrbrownstone Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:47 pm

Regulator wrote:

He isn't eligible for Origin because he wasn't residing in Queensland before his 13th birthday.

Though JT said they're apparently trying to get the documentation in order to show he was lol. But the bloke himself said he moved over at 13.

Cheers. :ThumbsUp:
    Might be sensible to actually double check that before naming someone in future.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:50 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Cheers.  :ThumbsUp:
    Might be sensible to actually double check that before naming someone in future.

Apparently his manager is claiming his qld eligibility was signed off by the NRL when he signed his sharks contract. I think they made that part of all nrl contracts so may be true?

Its weird, sucks for the guy obvs.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:55 pm

Would QLD have afforded NSW the luxury of playing someone outside the rules? Like fuck they would have. He's not eligible, get over it. The last time we let someone play for QLD that shouldn't have was Greg Inglis and look how that turned out for us.

It's QRL that are the idiots no one else.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:08 pm

Honeysett wrote:Would QLD have afforded NSW the luxury of playing someone outside the rules? Like fuck they would have. He's not eligible, get over it. The last time we let someone play for QLD that shouldn't have was Greg Inglis and look how that turned out for us.

It's QRL that are the idiots no one else.

Personally I dont really care, its just another embarrassing moment for the "professional sport" that is the NRL

toast
    toast

Post by toast Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:09 pm

I hope when there's 20 min to go the stadium lights go off then Mulitalo comes out WWE style with a briefcase (with his eligibility documents) hands it to the ref and RKOs whoever is closest (maybe Gallen on the sidelines). Would at least make the match more exciting after NSW put 50 on the board.

Spoiler:
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:15 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Curran and Aitken quarantining for 2 weeks due to being on a flight that had an infected crew member. 4 more going to isolate if either test positive.

4 more? As in four other players?

EDIT: Yes, just read it on nrl.com

"They are in isolation regardless of their test results, and the other four guys are also in isolation until the results come back," Warriors CEO Cameron George said.

Can't find any info on the four yet-to-be-named players.

Last edited by filthridden on Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:17 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Curran and Aitken quarantining for 2 weeks due to being on a flight that had an infected crew member. 4 more going to isolate if either test positive.
    Has there been any mention of who the other 4 are?
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:21 pm

Please not Tohu.

filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:22 pm

"Because the guys share apartments, the other four players are considered casual contacts and have had to go into isolation until the test results come back."

So if there's any info on whose housemates with Curran/Aitken then there's your answer.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:23 pm

Here we go again STATE OF ORIGIN!!!

LETS GO BLUES!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:26 pm

So weird that QLD arent starting Fifita, so they can play Arrow on the edge where he never plays. Green needs his head read.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:29 pm

mattnz wrote:So weird that QLD arent starting Fifita, so they can play Arrow on the edge where he never plays. Green needs his head read.

Could be worse. Could've picked Hess at centre.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:30 pm

mattnz wrote:So weird that QLD arent starting Fifita, so they can play Arrow on the edge where he never plays. Green needs his head read.
    That’s where Arrow plays for Souths now on the edge actually. I get your point though in that he’s mainly been a middle forward.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:34 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    That’s where Arrow plays for Souths now on the edge actually. I get your point though in that he’s mainly been a middle forward.
    Arrow has played only 1 game in the NRL as starting edge. Fifita is the best edge in the comp.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:37 pm

Regulator wrote:

Imagine trying to break the rules and then when you get called out on it trying to blame everyone else.

There's no "grey area of eligibility", the eligibility criteria is quite clear since they redid the rules in 2012. Players who weren't born in NSW or Queensland must have resided in the state before their 13th birthday. It's very black and white.

Queensland, whether they were trying to pull a fast one, or through their own ineptitude, tried to break the rules in place. Nobody is to blame but them.
    "Grey area" being that 1) its an arbitrary line in the sand, which i get that you have to draw it somewhere if you go with this approach (i don't think we should, but thats another argument), though it seems silly that apparently if he moved there 11 months earlier he'd be more QLD.
    and 2) the clear rules you've talked about literally have the following in it "It is important to note if you have played Origin at U18, U20 or Senior Origin, your State of eligibility is confirmed. These new rules are applicable from December 2012.". You can read the rules yourself right here

I mean i get that you want to defend freddy and co waiting until the day of the game to challenge it despite him being named in the extended squad a week ago and good for them I guess, they totally needed the advantage they got from doing so despite being absolute dicks in the process (letting a guy think he's getting to make his debut, let his family think they'll get to see him play etc).
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:40 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Arrow has played only 1 game in the NRL as starting edge. Fifita is the best edge in the comp.

The fantasy goggles are strong on this one
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:41 pm

Wanna get in early with thoughts heading into the game

Despite looking much weaker on paper this Queensland team is probably more balanced than game 1. Welch is in conversations for best prop in the world so will make a huge difference. Papalii if he is on form IS the best prop in the world. Hunt and McCullough aren't as naturally skilled as Grant and Brimson but are probably a better combination. Grant hadn't played in nearly 4 weeks after also missing the first 5 games and looked unlikely to go the full 80. Brimson was not suited at all to the middle role. McCullough you know exactly what you are gonna get and Hunt has always performed in the hooker role. Munster will also be better for the run having not played in 4 weeks prior to game 1

If the Blues come out and try to spread the ball sideline to sideline without earning it through the middle this could easily be a Queensland victory. First 20 minutes super important to earn the right to go wide. If Blues get the balance right they should get up 13+. If they get it wrong QLD 1-12

Go the Blues
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:43 pm

Archer wrote:
    "Grey area" being that 1) its an arbitrary line in the sand, which i get that you have to draw it somewhere if you go with this approach (i don't think we should, but thats another argument), though it seems silly that apparently if he moved there 11 months earlier he'd be more QLD.
    and 2) the clear rules you've talked about literally have the following in it "It is important to note if you have played Origin at U18, U20 or Senior Origin, your State of eligibility is confirmed. These new rules are applicable from December 2012.". You can read the rules yourself right here

I mean i get that you want to defend freddy and co waiting until the day of the game to challenge it despite him being named in the extended squad a week ago and good for them I guess, they totally needed the advantage they got from doing so despite being absolute dicks in the process (letting a guy think he's getting to make his debut, let his family think they'll get to see him play etc).

That diagram is terrible, if you are creating a flow diagram to make decisions, you don't include key information outside of the decision flow, it needs to be included in the decision flow somewhere, not as a note outside of it.

Its no wonder that there is confusion on eligibility when you have fools running the game that can't make a simple flow diagram that actually works to make decisions.

Last edited by mattnz on Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:43 pm

Lol a little less sympathy now

That claim is despite Mulitalo telling News Corp today that he had arrived as a 13-year-old, while he was also quoted in a 2016 article claiming he was a "NSW boy" but would represent Queensland at a junior level "as a favour" to his mother.

Despite being a self- confessed NSW supporter, Ronaldo said he wouldn’t have any second thoughts about pulling on the Queensland jersey.

“I told mum I would do it for her,” he laughed.

“I’m a NSW boy but I told her I would do it as a favour.”

Last edited by Regulator on Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:58 pm