NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 69 - Nice

sgdragons10
    sgdragons10

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 69 - Nice - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 69 - Nice

Post by sgdragons10 Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:07 am

This is no way is a post to attack forum or discredit it because I have received a lot of help from it but I believe that as a forum there has been many poor decisions, the main being frade averillo after round 3, then came the dont buy turbo he’s injury prone, starling risk, Fogarty risk matterson risk and the dreaded Roberts will come good. I guess it’s a lesson that you’re always the one who should make the final decision.
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 69 - Nice - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 69 - Nice

Post by Jumping Marlin Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:10 am

Game of Sheep: 19 entries so far. I haven't opened any to look at yet so they'll be still sitting in your outbox.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:27 am

sgdragons10 wrote:This is no way is a post to attack forum or discredit it because I have received a lot of help from it but I believe that as a forum there has been many poor decisions, the main being frade averillo after round 3, then came the dont buy turbo he’s injury prone, starling risk, Fogarty risk matterson risk and the dreaded Roberts will come good. I guess it’s a lesson that you’re always the one who should make the final decision.

Yeah as you mentioned a lot of perceived perception of players has been off the mark but the advice was still solid. Imo it's because it's a different game due to rule changes which have increased the speed of the game. For example edge forwards are out performing middle forwards as the ball is being spread to the edges more than in previous years & also f/b's are cashing in more because of this. Your last point is valid & should never be forgotten as you can receive a lot of advice but at the end of the day it's your decision.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:30 am

No Worries wrote:In other contract news both Dane Gagai and Kurt Capewell are poised to join the club ahead of next season with the former telling Dobbo he’s ‘very confident’ he will end up at Red Hill.

That is HUGE for Bronco's. Possible line up?

No clue on what juniors they have but going off current signings and who is in their team.

1. Niu
    2. Isaako
    3. Gagai
    4. Farnworth
    5. Cobbo
    6. Staggs
    7. Reynolds
    8. Flegler
    9. Turpin
    10. Haas
    11. Glenn
    12. Capewell
    13. Carrigan
    14. Bullemor
    15. Robati
    16. Asiata
    17. Riki/Kennedy/Palasia

I definitely see some improvement.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:38 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

No clue on what juniors they have but going off current signings and who is in their team.

1. Niu
    2. Isaako
    3. Gagai
    4. Farnworth
    5. Cobbo
    6. Staggs
    7. Reynolds
    8. Flegler
    9. Turpin
    10. Haas
    11. Glenn
    12. Capewell
    13. Carrigan
    14. Bullemor
    15. Robati
    16. Asiata
    17. Riki/Kennedy/Palasia

You can piss Glenn off from that side, he isn't going to get another contract.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:41 am

Surely Isaako is done?
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:42 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

1. Niu
    2. Isaako
    3. Gagai
    4. Farnworth
    5. Cobbo
    6. Staggs
    7. Reynolds
    8. Flegler
    9. Turpin
    10. Haas
    11. Glenn
    12. Capewell
    13. Carrigan
    14. Bullemor
    15. Robati
    16. Asiata
    17. Riki/Kennedy/Palasia

Besides Reynolds, that spine is horrid
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:46 am

sgdragons10 wrote:This is no way is a post to attack forum or discredit it because I have received a lot of help from it but I believe that as a forum there has been many poor decisions, the main being frade averillo after round 3, then came the dont buy turbo he’s injury prone, starling risk, Fogarty risk matterson risk and the dreaded Roberts will come good. I guess it’s a lesson that you’re always the one who should make the final decision.

100% - if you in any way shape or form blame a 'consensus' opinion from here about your own fantasy decisions you are gonna struggle.

Also, to be honest, I think there is a disconnect between the perception of opinion vs reality given the nature of the forum is that some voices are 'louder' than others.

For example, Im not so sure that majority didnt go with Tommy Turbo when he came back this season for example - might be wrong though.

As for Averillo - 9 times out of ten he was a trade out IMHO and so that wasnt a bad trade per se. Its just that hindsight is 20-20 and of course at this point everyone would have much preferred to have kept him (everyone of course always had the option of trading him back in though).

I for example was the lucky owner of Tino to start the season, traded him out when he sucked balls, traded him back in again after missing his big score in round 4?, only to realise that was an arse of a move and traded him out again lol! Thankfuly VSDT is much more forgiving and Im doing fairly well in that comp Smile
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:51 am

Sauce was Dobbo's mail on MMM. Who is also saying parents are calling the media about the welfare and contracts of their kids at the Broncos
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:54 am

There is definately a lot of group think and people making decisions based on that. Couple of years the group think was on the money and everyone had a cracker year, we filled the top rankings. Last year was a crash and burn and this one isn't much better
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:03 am

Let's just say you want to learn from your mistakes and do better next year.

You get a cheap player because you think he can average 35-40 points.
    After 3 weeks he has averaged 22, then gets injured. It might be only a 1 week injury, but he also plays for the worst team in the comp and they haven't won a game yet.

Definite hold?
    Bonus points if his injury means you can't field a 17 in his position that week.

Also I think the forum consensus was to avoid Starling (correct call) Matterson if there was any consensus was probably to avoid (looks to be a good call) not sure if there was consensus on Fogarty either.

Probably the biggest mistake we made collectively was not jumping on iPap early enough. Very few of us did it
    We were probably a little too keen on Tedesco pre-season as well

BTW, I know there were a few ho didn't want Trbo, but a bunch of us jumped on early. I got him after 1 game in first grade. Hasn't helped me though as I'm struggling to maintain a top 10k rank
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:08 am

People usually decide its "group think" because someone brings up a player and then two or three people agree with it.

A day later a different person has the opposite opinion and two or three different people agree with it

Then someone will ask why the forum has gone cold on someone... it didn't. Its just different people posting.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:12 am

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 69 - Nice - Page 48 Giphy
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:14 am

Sorry, hadn't posted in a while and din't know what to say lol!

Not sure if this is an omen but I had a dream last night that Reece Walsh scored a double on debut and ran rampant, he also had a couple try assists and QLD won the game.

EDIT: also if any of you gamblers out there want a decent bet go here; https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/rugby-league/nrl/nrl-premiership-winning-region-2021-5671240

Premiership winning region (regular season only). Any Other Region (Melbourne) paying $2.88... easy 3x ya money right there.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:21 am

When it says "Premiership Winner" and "regular season only" does it mean minor premiership? Or does it mean Grand Final winner and regular season only applies to something else

Spot the guy who doesn't actually have a sporttsbet account.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:23 am

Generally what happens is that a discussion about a certain player comes up and then it continues on for a couple of pages so it looks like 'forum consensus'. As you say, in the end you have to look at what is best for your team and then make your own decision

I actually find what impacts more on my own shithouse decisions is the fact that I have played for so long that I have ingrained opinions on certain players that are hard to get over, making it harder to jump on someone having a good run e.g.

Trbo will get injured
    Teddy will come good
    Yeo is ordinary (last year Laughing)
    Ipap is a bench player who gets about 30 mins
    Townsend is a chump
    Tohu is consistent but has a lower ceiling get someone more exciting
    DCE has a pencil neck
    etc etc

On the Averillo thing, pretty sure most of the traders (myself included) needed a centre that week and had to choose between keeping him or Roberts.....we know what happened there
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:25 am

Milchcow wrote:
    When it says "Premiership Winner" and "regular season only" does it mean minor premiership? Or does it mean Grand Final winner and regular season only applies to something else

Spot the guy who doesn't actually have a sportsbet account.

This is the confusing part for me. Because Melbourne Storm are only $2.20 for minor premiers and Canberra/NZ have no hope.

I saw it on a Facebook page. I would say regular season only maybe suggests you can't bet during the finals?

Weird one.
    rectangle
    rectangle

Post by rectangle Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:42 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Sorry, hadn't posted in a while and din't know what to say lol!

Not sure if this is an omen but I had a dream last night that Reece Walsh scored a double on debut and ran rampant, he also had a couple try assists and QLD won the game.

EDIT: also if any of you gamblers out there want a decent bet go here; https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/rugby-league/nrl/nrl-premiership-winning-region-2021-5671240

Premiership winning region (regular season only). Any Other Region (Melbourne) paying $2.88... easy 3x ya money right there.

If you think Melbourne are going to win, better to just put it on them to win. They are paying 3.20. No chance anyone else outside of them in the 'other' region can win the comp.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:44 am

I don’t think anyone predicted Turbo averaging 20-25 points over his previous season averages. Same with Cleary.

In hindsight and a lesson for next year for myself is if a player looks like a good pick in preseason and misses early season they’re still a potential great pick up in mid season when they return (Turbo and CHN)
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:48 am

rectangle wrote:

If you think Melbourne are going to win, better to just put it on them to win. They are paying 3.20. No chance anyone else outside of them in the 'other' region can win the comp.

The thing with this is it says regular season only... so is it saying pretty much minor premiership (in which Storm are only paying $2.20). Like what is with the "regular season only"...

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:02 pm