NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 61 - Bye round debuts, and scalping tickets

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 61 - Bye round debuts, and scalping tickets - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 61 - Bye round debuts, and scalping tickets

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:23 am

FalconSloth wrote:With Watson as a lock and Barnett and Fitzgibbon second row Jones probably wont keep Frizzells spot for the whole 6 weeks will he?

Think AOB has shown his hand in last few weeks. Likes Barnett in the middle and likes Watson as bench impact. Comes from the Robinson and Bellamy coaching trees where your bench is used as a weapon rather than a bunch of "also rans"
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 61 - Bye round debuts, and scalping tickets - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 61 - Bye round debuts, and scalping tickets

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:24 am

FalconSloth wrote:With Watson as a lock and Barnett and Fitzgibbon second row Jones probably wont keep Frizzells spot for the whole 6 weeks will he?

Has that even been confirmed?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:26 am

White Lightning wrote:

great trade that

Or can do Papy to Mahoney if I wanted. 

Just leaves me rather susceptible in the WFBs with Walsh suspended and Teddy possibly being rested.
    Although do the Roosters have the luxury to rest Teddy this year?
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:27 am

Honey Badger wrote:There are so many hookers that just pass and tackle. Dont they see how effective having a running game is. They just need to look at Cook, Grant, Smith etc. Would it hurt Turpin, Macca to pick up the ball and have a run
    Bit of armchair analysis here from myself but I played hooker for most of my Junior career and as strange as it sounds, having a run was one of the hardest things to force myself to do. Had a lot of really good players around me (we went a couple of years where we lost like 1 game in a panthers type run) so I often doubted whether I should have a crack myself rather than getting those other players quality ball. Since there was 12 other guys who could wind up with it and only 4 opportunities to take a run most sets (even less often enough if they've put a good kick in and the backs work it out), I'd always think i've hogged it and ruined an opportunity elsewhere. Oddly enough the occasions where I filled in elsewhere like the halves or out wider I never had that doubt as the decision had already been made to prior to me to pass it on and never felt like this in Touch footy where there are far fewer players. I mean these guys have made it to where they are because they've obviously got way more talent and likely more confidence than me, so chances are I'm way off the mark. But they are human so I could see it being possible that they may have come up through the grades running but put it away (or maybe the coach doesn't encourage it). God knows.

It's Friday and I'm procrastinating.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:29 am

Of the players that are left to play how many of them would be must haves for the season if you could get them?

Have Tino and Papy I could possibly trade?
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:30 am

Honeysett wrote:

I don't know why it's always Welshy and I coping it though.
    Basketball Cool
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:35 am

Rather tempted by Pap to Hughes but it really throws my team balance off.

Already have too many halves and not enough WFBs likely to play next week.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:35 am

Archer wrote:
    Bit of armchair analysis here from myself but I played hooker for most of my Junior career and as strange as it sounds, having a run was one of the hardest things to force myself to do. Had a lot of really good players around me (we went a couple of years where we lost like 1 game in a panthers type run) so I often doubted whether I should have a crack myself rather than getting those other players quality ball. Since there was 12 other guys who could wind up with it and only 4 opportunities to take a run most sets (even less often enough if they've put a good kick in and the backs work it out), I'd always think i've hogged it and ruined an opportunity elsewhere. Oddly enough the occasions where I filled in elsewhere like the halves or out wider I never had that doubt as the decision had already been made to prior to me to pass it on and never felt like this in Touch footy where there are far fewer players. I mean these guys have made it to where they are because they've obviously got way more talent and likely more confidence than me, so chances are I'm way off the mark. But they are human so I could see it being possible that they may have come up through the grades running but put it away (or maybe the coach doesn't encourage it). God knows.

I also played hooker in juniors and would only ever run if both markers weren't square. Number 1 job is getting quality service where it needs to be
    toast
    toast

Post by toast Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:36 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Of the players that are left to play how many of them would be must haves for the season if you could get them?

I'd bring in Mahoney if I could. Him and Brailey as the hookers would be nice
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:39 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Of the players that are left to play how many of them would be must haves for the season if you could get them?

All of the ones that are going to score above the other players in their position for the rest of the year. Any other pearls I can provide?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:42 am

toast wrote:

I'd bring in Mahoney if I could. Him and Brailey as the hookers would be nice
    Yeah I think most would agree Mahoney is a good buy. Just wondering if it’s worth doubling down this week on a Leilua/Papalii or hold till next week and start working towards guys like CHN and the like
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:43 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I also played hooker in juniors and would only ever run if both markers weren't square. Number 1 job is getting quality service where it needs to be
    Yeah I ended up working off a checklist that my coach gave me that involved whether or not we'd just made a break, where we were on the field and as you say the markers. Almost needed to have the coach set the expectation that he'd be annoyed with me if I didn't have a crack in those scenarios.
    PS: No wonder you always come across as a smart guy MS
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:44 am

Archer wrote:
    All of the ones that are going to score above the other players in their position for the rest of the year. Any other pearls I can provide?
    I’ll take that one on the chin haha
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:44 am

Archer wrote:

You forgot to mention the ones who score highly but don't get injured, suspended, dropped, rested or played out of position due to an injury on the wing
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:48 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

But did you have

"Quality service to the play makers is your number 1 job" written on on your A4 sized forearm?

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:50 am

Archer wrote:

The big questions is; were you fantasy relevant? what was your ppm?
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:54 am

Chewie wrote:

The big questions is; were you fantasy relevant? what was your ppm?
    1)Relevant in that I would have played a big role in ruining any team that picked me and 2)How many decimals you willing to go into?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:57 am

Milchcow wrote:

Having not seen it before he deleted it, I choose to believe that Wolfking's angry post was in response to this.

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Haha I reckon you could be right. 

I too didn’t see it and I will apologise to Wolfie for getting him riled up

WT Winfield wrote:

That's lucky. I was surprised Wolfie went after a few of the long-time posters like that.

Haha, was just my Alvaro rant and a pic of his head on the doughboy! Mother fucker!
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:09 am

wolfking wrote:

Haha, was just my Alvaro rant and a pic of his head on the doughboy!  Mother fucker!
    Others wouldn't believe you wolfy, but I do.

But just between you and I, pm me the blow up at Welshy, what did you call him, a potato, a turnip?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:09 am

wolfking wrote:

Haha, was just my Alvaro rant and a pic of his head on the doughboy!  Mother fucker!

I blame Anthony Griffin.....I blame Anthony Griffin for a lot of things (It really helps) Very Happy

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:28 pm