NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 60 - Twas the night before origin team lists, and .....

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 60 - Twas the night before origin team lists, and ..... - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 60 - Twas the night before origin team lists, and .....

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:56 am

Need a WFB with some form of job security I can play for the next few weeks. Ideally would be a downgrade from Simpkin price wise. Thinking Beale/Ramsey/Coates or just waiting until next week and grabbing Cotric/Hopa.

Hoping team lists show up something
    Chucky
    Chucky

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 60 - Twas the night before origin team lists, and ..... - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 60 - Twas the night before origin team lists, and .....

Post by Chucky Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:57 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I'm considering grabbing Fifita in the next few weeks. After next week plays the same number of games as a round 13 option but should outscore them. Will help to offset the lack of true guns in round 17 by having those extra points in the lead up
    Next week for me, if he backs up.
    Sam Walker to a cheapie this week, along with my 258k bank will fund Alvaro to Fifita.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:57 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Need a WFB with some form of job security I can play for the next few weeks. Ideally would be a downgrade from Simpkin price wise. Thinking Beale/Ramsey/Coates or just waiting until next week and grabbing Cotric/Hopa.

Hoping team lists show up something

I was thinking about this the other day.. a cheap WFB that can produce some decent scores will be pretty handy with Robinson's tendency to rest Tedesco during origin period + uncertainty around Papy. Obviously I have Hynes until Papy returns but as soon as that happens Hynes will be out the door
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:59 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I'm considering grabbing Fifita in the next few weeks. After next week plays the same number of games as a round 13 option but should outscore them. Will help to offset the lack of true guns in round 17 by having those extra points in the lead up

Definitely some potential to get a jump on people like me who traded out Fifita.
    IMO I think Holbrook will be giving Fifita some 50ish minute games over the next few weeks - not based on anything, just a gut feel

Anyway, please come over to the BYE's league - show us how it's done!
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1675-lord-of-the-byes#528044
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:00 am

my tv broke wrote:

I was thinking about this the other day.. a cheap WFB that can produce some decent scores will be pretty handy with Robinson's tendency to rest Tedesco during origin period + uncertainty around Papy. Obviously I have Hynes until Papy returns but as soon as that happens Hynes will be out the door

In addition to resting concerns I really want to get off Reimis before he loses cash so would hope for this week.

Not a lot of options at the back
    Damien Cooked

Post by Damien Cooked Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:05 am

is ipap a must have for this round?

I have the following team and am hesitant to sideways trade Turbo.

Brailey
    Watson Alvaro TPJ
    Matto X
    Hughes Moses
    Critter X
    Beans Isaako X
    Fogarty

Non bye - Walker Deitz Curran Angus Cleary Fifi Avo Walsh Sitilli

I have 200k itb for the best option sub 450k for deitz. Considering holding the rest as would either be trading a gun or a round 17 option. Ranked #350 and 16 trades left
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:07 am

my tv broke wrote:

I guess the obvious one is if Tedesco is rested, Manu -> Fullback, and Suaalii seems likely to get a run (fits well with the idea of managing his game loading as well)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:09 am

my tv broke wrote:

Is Suaalii good to have around during this period. Manu moves to fullback allowing Suaalii to come in?
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:09 am

easytiger wrote:

Definitely some potential to get a jump on people like me who traded out Fifita.
    IMO I think Holbrook will be giving Fifita some 50ish minute games over the next few weeks - not based on anything, just a gut feel

Anyway, please come over to the BYE's league - show us how it's done!
    https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1675-lord-of-the-byes#528044

did Holbrook ever give an explanation for taking Fifita off before half time?  Not sure if it was a planned substitution or he got a reprieve when Fermor got injured...
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:10 am

Okay, being a Storm supporter living in Townsville I obviously do not have a Cowboys membership. Is anyone here definitely NOT going to the game and a Cowboys/QRL/NSWRL member and can do me a massive solid? Would love to beat out the general public for tickets as I have never been to an Origin and would love to go!!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:27 am

Jele wrote:

did Holbrook ever give an explanation for taking Fifita off before half time?  Not sure if it was a planned substitution or he got a reprieve when Fermor got injured...

Just watched the post game presser - no mention of it.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:27 am

my tv broke wrote:

Just watched the post game presser - no mention of it.

The things you to MTB MVP!
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:30 am

Jele wrote:

Nothing in the presser (they just asked if he was happy with Fifita - he was).

TBH the whole presser was pretty average level of questions from the journo's - which is a pity, because Holbrook is always very open and honest.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:30 am

my tv broke wrote:

Suallii as a handcuff for Teddy? That's the way I'll probably go, he should see quite a bit of football over the next six rounds. Can wait a week, although doing in now would allow a double upgrade for Rnd14 for me because I've wound up with about 600k in the bank.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:31 am

NRL.com reporting sudden spike in people watching Titans presser...
    Put down to random anomaly....
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:37 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Suallii as a handcuff for Teddy? That's the way I'll probably go, he should see quite a bit of football over the next six rounds. Can wait a week, although doing in now would allow a double upgrade for Rnd14 for me because I've wound up with about 600k in the bank.

Should get some decent game time over the next two months.

He is currently next man up for Roosters and Robbo will want plenty of games under his belt in case hes needed come finals time.

Billy Smith nearing a return though, so not sure where he fits in the pecking order.. ?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:40 am

my tv broke wrote:

Should get some decent game time over the next two months.

He is currently next man up for Roosters  and Robbo will want plenty of games under his belt in case hes needed come finals time.

Billy Smith nearing a return though, so not sure where he fits in the pecking order.. ?

Billy Smith coming back from what... 2 ACL's in the last 3 yearsan ACL and a shoulder reco? Bloke probably needs a bit of time in reserve grade surely?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:46 am

Is Suaalii worth bringing in over a RD13 cheapie? Guess he plays the same amount of games as a Jones would.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:47 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Beginning to think that as important as bye numbers is that a lot of people won't have the trades/cash to bring Papenhuyzen and Difita back in between the byes and that's going to be worth a lot more points than an Alvaro or a Roberts here or there.

(Papi should actually be fairly easy if you have Hynes, will be a straight swap in a couple of rounds, but Difita could be trickier)

I'm considering forgoing trading in TPJ this week and keeping some cash in reserve for Fifita instead. However the logic with the TPJ pick is I'm loading up on MID and EDG cover as I learnt this week having Angus suspended and a late out from Schuster really got me so I need the DPP flexibility.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:52 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Billy Smith coming back from what... 2 ACL's in the last 3 yearsan ACL and a shoulder reco? Bloke probably needs a bit of time in reserve grade surely?

So a week, maybe two? He may play reserve grade this weekend. (recent quotes said he was aiming for round 12 return)

Regardless Suaali should see some decent game time.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:15 pm