NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 50 - Magic Round - The Broncos have pulled a rabbit out of their hat

Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 50 - Magic Round - The Broncos have pulled a rabbit out of their hat - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 50 - Magic Round - The Broncos have pulled a rabbit out of their hat

Post by Pain Sat May 15, 2021 6:53 am

arsendragon wrote:Im not game to check my trades... But I did play Cini for his paltry score last week.

I played him in my 17 this week. Expectations met.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 50 - Magic Round - The Broncos have pulled a rabbit out of their hat - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 50 - Magic Round - The Broncos have pulled a rabbit out of their hat

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat May 15, 2021 7:01 am

I brought TPJ in, sorry lads. My team sucks so he is a fitting addition 😂
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Sat May 15, 2021 7:15 am

I have too many Broncos and I’m death riding them into round 13.

On the plus side, Flegler got more minutes which is what I was watching for and I got him in over Gamble.

I think Gamble will bounce back and he didn’t lose any cash, hopefully he doesn’t get rage dropped. The Broncos draw looks tough leading into R13 and beyond:

Roosters
    Storm
    Dragons
    Raiders
    Rabbitohs

I’m waiting to see what the charges are coming out of these games before I decide if I should use my second trade. If they are cracking down, we are going to have to manage red dots very carefully.
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Sat May 15, 2021 7:30 am

Feeling really good about the Herbie trade - happy with my centre pairing of him with bird. Famous last words? Haha

Haas was set for 80 until kevvie realised he would be better off with a rest than wasting any more energy on that
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat May 15, 2021 7:30 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Why did Lucy go off early?

I thought he was supposed to have a base of 50 and pass the eye test!!

He did pass the eye test, I thought he looked good last night.

It's a rare situation where the Tigers have a game wrapped up with 20 to go, so good chance to rest players that wouldn't otherwise get a rest
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Sat May 15, 2021 7:31 am

Need spies at the dragons and storm captains runs for papy and alvaro. Nothing firm on walker atm
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat May 15, 2021 7:33 am

7/335 has seen me climb ranks so far.

I'm missing some popular trade ins like TPJ and gamble, but other than Turbo nobody has done particularly well.
    how are others travelling?
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sat May 15, 2021 7:41 am

303/6 and pretty much treading water. (Down 200 to about 4200).

Picked up Watsons 47 over Lodges 45.
    Made two points on the loop #WinningAtFantasy
    Pretty lucky and so glad I chose Lodge for the loop instead of Milford (27).
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat May 15, 2021 7:46 am

B/L wrote:You can accuse me of being salty about the loss but fuck me dead manly celebrated each try while we were down to 11 like they had just won the fucjing grand final.

Tonight's games were shit. Has me wanting to chuck sundays ticket in the bin. For all the good Vlandys has done he is turning the game into.a shit show. Blow out scores will be the norm if we continue down this road. You can't have teams playing with 11 players and expecting them to be competitive.

Now onto the real reason I am salty. My last 6 trades

Mitchell
    Momirovski
    Hampton
    Verills
    Cini
    Gamble.

I'll see myself out.

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 50 - Magic Round - The Broncos have pulled a rabbit out of their hat - Page 40 Giphy
    Wow, thats bad luck, not often that saving 6 trades would have left you better off than using them
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat May 15, 2021 7:53 am

Milchcow wrote:

I'm missing some popular trade ins like TPJ and gamble, but other than Turbo nobody has done particularly well.
    7/315

Haas and TPJ stinking it up.
    Lodge making money is at least a positive to take from all of this
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat May 15, 2021 7:55 am

I just can't be bothered with the nrl if they're are going to continue with the farce we saw last night. The game isn't enjoyable when it's 11 on 13 & it becomes a game of touch. League used to be a game for gladiators & it's been taken over by the lefties, lawyers & doctors who don't like the smash & bash because the nrl don't want to be sued in the future & god forbid little Johnny not wanting to to play the game because he might get hurt. If league is too tough or you get offended go play chess.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat May 15, 2021 8:01 am

Some thoughts:

The judiciary will have been told to go hard on those reported this week. Expect lots of red dots. Will be particularly harsh on those with a bad history at judiciary as they will get an extra 1-2 weeks. Unfortunately there will be a snow-ball effect, as many will quickly get bad track records at judiciary.

My team only has 17 this week, if both Papy and Walker play after trading 2 red dots. Have seen others much worse off. Wouldn't surprise me to see an extra 2 trades handed out next week if most teams can't field 17.

Starling only traded into 0.71% of teams this week, compared with I am guessing half the teams here. Either everyone else has missed a huge opportunity, or we are over confident in the reports around Hodgson.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Sat May 15, 2021 8:09 am

The fighting was one of the things I, and I'm guessing many people, used to love about rugby league. My interpretation was that they got rid of fighting to improve the viewing experience for families.

On medical grounds I get the HIA rule, but in a sport like boxing, surely there is some kind of waiver that boxers sign to say, "Hey, I am aware of the risks and won't sue you." Players could sign something like that or they could have compulsory wearing of head gear.

HIAs occur so frequently that many teams are being left short of players, hence the crack down on head contact.

I understand that sin binning essentially got rid of fighting in the NRL, but will it have the same effect on high tackles? Many high tackles are far less intentional than throwing a punch.

What is the end result of this enforcement?

Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Sat May 15, 2021 8:25 am

Given Bellamy has the benefit of sitting back watching all this, am curious to see any adjustments the storm make
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sat May 15, 2021 8:26 am

mattnz wrote:Some thoughts:

The judiciary will have been told to go hard on those reported this week. Expect lots of red dots. Will be particularly harsh on those with a bad history at judiciary as they will get an extra 1-2 weeks. Unfortunately there will be a snow-ball effect, as many will quickly get bad track records at judiciary.

My team only has 17 this week, if both Papy and Walker play after trading 2 red dots. Have seen others much worse off. Wouldn't surprise me to see an extra 2 trades handed out next week if most teams can't field 17.

Starling only traded into 0.71% of teams this week, compared with I am guessing half the teams here. Either everyone else has missed a huge opportunity, or we are over confident in the reports around Hodgson.

"Half the teams on here" is going to be a wild overestimation. R13 guns TPJ/Matto/Api/Moses are going to be the more popular ones, as well as people fixing up their centres (again).

And *whispers*, some might bank a trade.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat May 15, 2021 8:29 am

Would be interesting to study the tackling technique of each player. Should be able to pick those that are very likely to get suspended, as they typically tackle while standing up, instead of around the waist or legs. Could really assist in avoiding the carnage coming up.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat May 15, 2021 8:31 am

Milchcow wrote:

5/239.  Matto over TPJ is looking positive so far.  Turbo 'only' going 59 is a win for us non owners but dropped about 1400 ranks with this score.  Haas looked really disinterested last night.  Hopefully he bounces back.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat May 15, 2021 8:32 am

nrl fantasy is now going to depend on luck due to sin bins. In any game if a team gets 2 players binned then the player scores will be low e.g. Haas scoring 41 because the team will be spending most of the game under the goal posts & due to the speed of the game there will be more missed tackles, errors & mistakes & then more sin bins because when you're fatigued you make errors in the attempted tackle resulting in more high shots.
    So you can throw away researching individual player stats because it won't matter & it's all going to be luck re sin bins which determines a player's fantasy score.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat May 15, 2021 8:33 am

Papadontbleach wrote:I have too many Broncos and I’m death riding them into round 13.

On the plus side, Flegler got more minutes which is what I was watching for and I got him in over Gamble.

I think Gamble will bounce back and he didn’t lose any cash, hopefully he doesn’t get rage dropped. The  Broncos draw looks tough leading into R13 and beyond:

Roosters
    Storm
    Dragons
    Raiders
    Rabbitohs

I’m waiting to see what the charges are coming out of these games before I decide if I should use my second trade. If they are cracking down, we are going to have to manage red dots very carefully.

Their draw was one of the tipping points I went Matterson over TPJ. It's not going to be pretty for Broncos fans over the next 5 weeks.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat May 15, 2021 8:33 am

Khany wrote:Need spies at the dragons and storm captains runs for papy and alvaro. Nothing firm on walker atm

The storm advertised their captains run as open to fans. Doing signings and stuff after i assume. Im sure there will be news on whether papy trained

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:21 pm