NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

Post by wolfking Fri May 14, 2021 7:33 am

Milchcow wrote:

Fifita + Momirovski out

The advantage of getting Starling is I could lose Cini and hold Momo for a week in case something happens, but if I want a decent CTR have to ditch Momo.

Bird and Peachey for the season now. Just cross fingers for no injuries so I can hold them

Momo probably won't get a run until 13 mate. Bird and Peachey has been working fine for me.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

Post by wolfking Fri May 14, 2021 7:39 am

I'm thinking of skipping Starling also and gunning for round 13. Can anyone see anything different though if people don't mind. I'm worried about cash flow and getting 2 round 13 guns might stifle future trade options. Back to my original plan of;

Fifita - TPJ/Matto
    Cini - Moses

Not sure if if worth getting rid of Cini and blowing my bank with the others sitting there as red dots in the chance they play 13. Gives me;

Brailey
    Watson Haas TPJ
    IPap Schuster
    Cleary Fog
    Bird Peachey
    Ted To'o Laurie

Crichton Moses Alvaro Walker

Simo Simpkin Stefan Leniu

Leaves me with nothing practically. If we get confirmation Walker suits up, I may hold off on the TPJ trade and just get Moses for Fifita and at least have 17 and save a trade, but that's with playing Simo. Swapping Fifita with the ability to get 2 guns is indeed tempting and makes things look better. Left with 19 trades afterwards though.

Or leave Cini, trade Stefan or Alvaro, save and coin and run Simo anyway, not sure.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Fri May 14, 2021 7:40 am

ytsb wrote:Sooooo what’s the best way to utilise a flask at magic round? Buy bottles of coke, go to bathroom, fill half way with rum, repeat? Anyone been caught? Would rather save money and take my metal flask but not if the dog gets ripped off me by a seccy

Why would you ruin your rum with coke?
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Fri May 14, 2021 7:57 am

wolfking wrote:I'm thinking of skipping Starling also and gunning for round 13.  Can anyone see anything different though if people don't mind.  I'm worried about cash flow and getting 2 round 13 guns might stifle future trade options.  Back to my original plan of;

Fifita - TPJ/Matto
    Cini - Moses

Not sure if if worth getting rid of Cini and blowing my bank with the others sitting there as red dots in the chance they play 13.  Gives me;

Brailey
    Watson Haas TPJ
    IPap Schuster
    Cleary Fog
    Bird Peachey
    Ted To'o Laurie

Crichton Moses Alvaro Walker

Simo Simpkin Stefan Leniu

Leaves me with nothing practically.  If we get confirmation Walker suits up, I may hold off on the TPJ trade and just get Moses for Fifita and at least have 17 and save a trade, but that's with playing Simo.  Swapping Fifita with the ability to get 2 guns is indeed tempting and makes things look better.  Left with 19 trades afterwards though.

Or leave Cini, trade Stefan or Alvaro, save and coin and run Simo anyway, not sure.

I think with 5 red dots it makes sense to get rid of two this week. I'm in a similar position and will still have 3 red dots in my emg after two trades, and 19 trades left.

If you just did one trade you are probably just delaying that Cini trade to next week unless you think he comes back into the team. Yea you could trade Stefano instead to bank some cash, understand that thought, but def more likely that he could get back into the team than Cini imo.

I think those are good trades
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 14, 2021 8:02 am

BCT05 wrote:

I think with 5 red dots it makes sense to get rid of two this week. I'm in a similar position and will still have 3 red dots in my emg after two trades, and 19 trades left.

If you just did one trade you are probably just delaying that Cini trade to next week unless you think he comes back into the team. Yea you could trade Stefano instead to bank some cash, understand that thought, but def more likely that he could get back into the team than Cini imo.

I think those are good trades

Thanks buddy.  They were my initial thoughts before the Starling hype came up so probably will just go with them.  Leaves no cash to get Starling if he works out, but whatever.  You're right, leaving Cini and trading Alvaro instead just means I need to spend more next week to get rid of Cini anyway, so the same situation.  Just not sure with the lack of cash building, but many are in the same boat I'm assuming.

Have to spend the day deciding between TPJ or Matto. I like Matto and had him the end of last year and he was solid. Just the head knocks are a concern.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Fri May 14, 2021 8:13 am

wolfking wrote:

Thanks buddy.  They were my initial thoughts before the Starling hype came up so probably will just go with them.  Leaves no cash to get Starling if he works out, but whatever.  You're right, leaving Cini and trading Alvaro instead just means I need to spend more next week to get rid of Cini anyway, so the same situation.  Just not sure with the lack of cash building, but many are in the same boat I'm assuming.

Have to spend the day deciding between TPJ or Matto.  I like Matto and had him the end of last year and he was solid.  Just the head knocks are a concern.

Yeah I've had to tear myself away from Starling as well, just doesn't fit the plan and some smart people on here have made some very valid points against getting him.

TPJ vs Matto is tricky I think I've ended up settling on getting them both this week (have decent bank from trading Papy last week). If I had to pick one I think Matto would be the one despite the HIA history
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 14, 2021 8:22 am

@wolfking

Bringing in 2 guns is rarely a bad idea.

If you think there is a chance Cini might get back in the team and outscore Moses, I guess you can hold onto him.
    In other words if you won't spend your cash upgrading a red dot to one of the best halves behind Cleary, what will you spend it on?

I wouldn't trade Alvaro, he at least seems to have a guaranteed bench spot, even if he drops a bit of cash between now and R13.

Cini/Stefano you just have to take a punt as to who is more likely to get back in the team.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri May 14, 2021 8:25 am

After quickly jotting down current prices of likely outs and ins for best final 17 I’m around 850k short of outs to ins on current prices (keeping Hynes as 18th man/Papy handcuff, further away by trading him) so likely solidifying Starling as option for me to gain cash and/or become cut price keeper

Of my outs only Gamble will make bulk cash with others peaking.

Will post full calculations in my team tracker over weekend
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 14, 2021 8:25 am

Thanks lads, seems like the sensible smart play which was my initial thoughts. Very much appreciated to both of you.

TPJ or Matto.....hmmm...
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Fri May 14, 2021 8:27 am

It has been interesting to watch this communitys opinion on Starling fluctuate over the past few days.
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Fri May 14, 2021 8:27 am

Sin bin/send off for head contacts will be interesting. TPJ is due for a send off isn’t he?
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Fri May 14, 2021 8:33 am

ytsb wrote:Sooooo what’s the best way to utilise a flask at magic round? Buy bottles of coke, go to bathroom, fill half way with rum, repeat? Anyone been caught? Would rather save money and take my metal flask but not if the dog gets ripped off me by a seccy
    Buy some "pop tops" they hold 250ml each. Easy to stash, throw out when your done, saves carrying your hip flask around when your done and no risk of losing it to security. All the money i saved doing this i smartly invested on the tigers to make the 8 each year.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri May 14, 2021 8:36 am

Weiland wrote:It has been interesting to watch this communitys opinion on Starling fluctuate over the past few days.

Mine is still an annoying pendulum.

Starling has the possibility for big points and big cash but is a risk. Part of me is thinking 'fuck it, take the risk'.
    Also slightly motivated by the fact that I have no other Raiders/Dogs for the weekend's 3pm game.

If I knew for certain Walker was playing I might be more inclined but at this stage I have no HLF back up so I'm bringing in Gamble.
    He should be good for 35-45 points a week, play the bye and still has cash to make.

Either way, Egan can get the fuck out my team.
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Fri May 14, 2021 8:36 am

Think I'm going to have to go TPJ since he has Mid cover. BE is less also than Leilua and Matterson whom might be trades for the likes of SWalker/Schuster etc closer to round 13.

Gamble on Starling is worth it for me. Getting rid of Roberts so no loss there except cash and a trade.

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri May 14, 2021 8:37 am

Revraiser wrote:Those guys on the late mail crew are continuously cutting each other off, I can't do it.

Good to hear the passion though Rabbits.

Yeah I think a lot of it has to do with latency, at least for me. I don't deliberately cut people off that's for sure.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri May 14, 2021 8:37 am

Went to look for a WFB option for my draft team (as a temp bandaid for ponga) and just saw Kennedy's last score O_O ouch. Didn't watch the game but that looks brutal for a guy I thought was looking much improved.
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Fri May 14, 2021 8:40 am

Also I have a last two reserve conundrum:

Pick 2 from: Watson, Schuster, SWalker, CHN

Team for the week:

Brailey
    Haas, Ipap, TPJ
    AChricton, Curran
    Cleary, Moses
    Peachey, Averillo
    Teddy, To'o, Laurie

Fogarty, Starling, Schuster, CHN

SWalker, Watson, Walsh, Simpkin
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri May 14, 2021 8:44 am

Think some people would be very well served projecting out their season so they can see what trades look like moving forward rather than panicking on the flavour of the week for days on end. Helps to figure out if you can take a gamble on another non-round 13 player or if you need to go harder at the byes. Doing this allowed me to grab CHN a few weeks back as a short term cash grab
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 14, 2021 8:46 am

Weiland wrote:It has been interesting to watch this communitys opinion on Starling fluctuate over the past few days.

Just hope people own there moves, not blame forum think either way.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Fri May 14, 2021 8:51 am

Taumalolo's 200th. Hmmm.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:24 am