NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

Post by Aardvark Wed May 12, 2021 11:58 pm

ytsb wrote:

Breeding is a really poor choice of words in that context

Imagine the stud fees Walsh could demand!!!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

Post by Milchcow Thu May 13, 2021 12:00 am

rhinoceroo wrote:
    The fact that Thumbs Up is winning this suggests the forum has gone collectively insane and goes a long way to explaining this year's ranks.

Just on why the forum is having a bad year. What specificallly do you thin kis driving the decision and why is it a bad idea?

I think forum doing poorly compared to normal is down to a few decisions.
    Sometimes it is hard to say because a lot of players who did well/poorly were populat everywhere so its hard to say if the forum's collective decisions were in line with the rest of the world or not.

Collectively we were pretty strong on Teddy, and down on Latrell which hasn't worked out.
    We also went in for Lam over Townsend
    In general we weren't quick to jump on iPap. And those that did are the ones who are doing well.

With CTRs, I don't think we were big on Peachey who is the last man standing in terms of gun centres not missing games. But I don't think we were particularly different to the masses in ditching Averillo when he missed a week. But a lot of the issues in the death position have been caused through injury/suspension, not necessarily people making bad choices. James Roberts is the main one you could claim was a poor choice and not bad luck - he was highly owned everywhere, was the forum in line with everyone or did we get him in bigger numbers?

Guys like Tino didn't work out but he was definitely popular everywhere

I think we may have been bigger on Angus Crichton than we should have been

I think most of us went Captain Cleary. At least enough of us did that we should be able to get some decent ranks.

Nobody in the top 250 is well down on usual years though

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Thu May 13, 2021 12:07 am

Souths' statement on Reynolds leaving:

https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/05/13/reynolds-to-move-on-to-another-nrl-club-at-seasons-end/?vgo_ee=b030MEso9TUV83rjVWwsKkzkASpiHornD%2Fz2wZTd1jg%3D
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 13, 2021 12:14 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

“I think Reece is too good a player not to be playing and we want to start breeding him for next year when Rog goes so we will be looking to get him as much game time as we can,” Tevaga said.

“That means Kodi will have to slot into No.14, whether he likes it or not, and that will enable me to play more of a middle role.

“I think Kodi is a good No.14 as much as he hates it, and I think that is what’s best for the team at the moment.”

The fact he is saying Kodi WILL have to slot into No.14, WHETHER HE LIKES IT OR NOT. Sounds like Walsh will be playing half and Kodi is moving to a bench hooking role. CHT 7 and Walsh 6 by the sounds.

Lol. This is just Jazz trying to suit himself. Coming out and talking like this isn't really helping his cause haha.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 13, 2021 12:15 am

Milchcow wrote:

If they do win, will probably keep Doueihi in the centres, and Simpkin out for at least another week

bigbruno wrote:

I hope not, otherwise Simpkin and Uto will be staying in ressies

That's bad.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu May 13, 2021 12:15 am

For those attending magic round this week NRL Pickem is running an additional draw for up to 250k. When you enter your pickem selections you will be prompted to enter ticket barcode

If any fanatics wins on the back of this info feel free to buy me a beer
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu May 13, 2021 12:18 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:For those attending magic round this week NRL Pickem is running an additional draw for up to 250k. When you enter your pickem selections you will be prompted to enter ticket barcode

If any fanatics wins on the back of this info feel free to buy me a beer

All my mates are going without me because I am saving money for my wedding Crying or Very sad and they messaged me yesterday that one of the guys have pulled out and they have a spare ticket... I still had to decline it. Bang Bang
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu May 13, 2021 12:18 am

What a mess WFB is now, have had Too for ages, Laurie, plus Ponga and Pappy and still have Niu. Don't really want to bring in another WFB and none really look that appealing. If Doueihi wasnt at Center this week I would have considered him
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 13, 2021 12:20 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

All my mates are going without me because I am saving money for my wedding Crying or Very sad and they messaged me yesterday that one of the guys have pulled out and they have a spare ticket... I still had to decline it. Bang Bang

I mean.. its free though??? Hip flask in the pocket.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu May 13, 2021 12:22 am

my tv broke wrote:

I mean.. its free though??? Hip flask in the pocket.

The $500 return flight from Townsville, the accommodation and the multi's aren't free though hahah

Last edited by StormTrooper96 on Thu May 13, 2021 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu May 13, 2021 12:23 am

ytsb wrote:

Breeding is a really poor choice of words in that context
    Haha,  my thoughts exactly!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 13, 2021 12:25 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

The $500 return flight from Townsville, the accommodation and the multi's aren't free though hahah

ah fuck,  thought you lived on the sunny coast .. nevermind!!

Last edited by my tv broke on Thu May 13, 2021 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu May 13, 2021 12:25 am

Milchcow wrote:

Just on why the forum is having a bad year. What specificallly do you thin kis driving the decision and why is it a bad idea?

Sometimes it is hard to say because a lot of players who did well/poorly were populat everywhere so its hard to say if the forum's collective decisions were in line with the rest of the world or not.

Collectively we were pretty strong on Teddy, and down on Latrell which hasn't worked out.
    In general we weren't quick to jump on iPap. And those that did are the ones who are doing well.

With CTRs, I don't think we were big on Peachey who is the last man standing in terms of gun centres not missing games. But I don't think we were particularly different to the masses in ditching Averillo when he missed a week. But a lot of the issues in the death position have been caused through injury/suspension, not necessarily people making bad choices. James Roberts is the main one you could claim was a poor choice and not bad luck  - he was highly owned everywhere, was the forum in line with everyone or did we get him in bigger numbers?

I think most of us went Captain Cleary. At least enough of us did that we should be able to get some decent ranks.

Ted v Latrell, Lam v Turbo, Milfordmania (I suppose that turned out ok if anybody held). I think many (including me) have been a little trigger-happy in getting rid of eg Averillo and Croker.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 13, 2021 12:29 am

Milchcow wrote:

With CTRs, I don't think we were big on Peachey who is the last man standing in terms of gun centres not missing games. But I don't think we were particularly different to the masses in ditching Averillo when he missed a week. But a lot of the issues in the death position have been caused through injury/suspension, not necessarily people making bad choices. James Roberts is the main one you could claim was a poor choice and not bad luck  - he was highly owned everywhere, was the forum in line with everyone or did we get him in bigger numbers?

Having an ordinary year to date and most of this makes a lot of sense

The Lam over Townsend decision was key (based on points and forced trades that followed) and I think this was based on Chad being a steady average player plus an overestimation of the impact of Lams change of role combined with an underestimation of the impact of Johnson being out on Chad (TLDR: Lam was a more exciting pick)

Ipap, I know I looked at him but didn't believe he could keep up his high scoring based on the players history (Did this with Yeo last year as well)

Roberts over Bird.....I went with this to save $50k but really Bird is by far the more multi dimensional footballer

Teddy, I think living in fear last year when I didn't pick him up early forced this decision. I was keen on Latrell but went with Pap instead. I don't think that I was ever planning to ditch Teddy.

Went Sitili as an alternative to Tino and while he has scored well when playing 80 but he has missed 2 full games and scored poorly off the bench on his HIA comeback

We were also collectively too quick to move on guys like Averillo, Turpin, Riki, Melbourne forwards etc etc

I think that the season to date (injuries, suspensions, teams being pretty ordinary) has not rewarded patient, methodical decision making and this may right itself over the remaining 2/3rds...or it may not

I have noticed that there has been a bit more of the echo chamber effect in the forum this year with this weeks Starling discussion a good reflection of that and previous weeks discussions on Walsh running the same way.

The carnage has forced moves and people are looking for ways to justify stop gap trades by over inflating potential. The game hasn't changed that much; Young players are inconsistent and are generally eased in and  where there is some conjecture about minutes (based on player interviews) it's good to see how it plays out.

In saying all, that sometimes circumstance forces your hand: for example I now have no WFB cover so if Pap is out I am down a man. Rather than scramble around buying another player I don't really want, I am toying with just buying Tommy T. I have missed the scores and price discount but I would rather pay a relative premium and have someone who is reliable as long as he is fit  affraid  (origin notwithstanding)

Last edited by Aardvark on Thu May 13, 2021 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu May 13, 2021 12:31 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Ted v Latrell, Lam v Turbo, Milfordmania (I suppose that turned out ok if anybody held). I think many (including me) have been a little trigger-happy in getting rid of eg Averillo and Croker.

My struggles have come directly off the back of Moses and Munster over Papy and Fifita. Both Moses and Munster have been scoring around what I expected from them, but Papy and Fifita. Next year I plan to start with the forward that scores 9 tries in 9 games and the fullback that scores 8 tries in 5 games to rectify these issues
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Thu May 13, 2021 12:41 am

Milchcow wrote:

I think its probably just because the guys who do all the heavy lifting (myself, Random and Welshy) are having a bad year.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 13, 2021 12:44 am

Aardvark wrote:I think that the season to date (injuries, suspensions, teams being pretty ordinary) has not rewarded patient, methodical decision making and this may right itself over the remaining 2/3rds...or it may not

If rules don't change, I think  next year I will aim for a little more towards a more rounded 21 to start rather than a bunch of risky cows.

Two years in a row that teams are being forced to make a heap of trades on injuries. Not sure if there are more suspensions lately too.. no data on that, but it seems that way with crackdown on head contact/etc. Maybe just the players 'we' own being affected more.

Just being able to field a 17 each week that has some ok scorers in the 14-17 rather than having to force trades all the time is probably understated.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 13, 2021 12:47 am

Everyone moving people on after 1 poor score is a problem that hurt people with Turpin, Croker etc
    Collectively we have definitely trade raged more than we've needed to.

But one of the issues is the guys that miss 1 or 2 games, and getting a few of them at once. Small squad sizes mean if you get a couple of injuries in a week, especially in the same position, you either have to trade one out or play short.

People hate CTR, but pretty much every option anyone on this site has owned has missed at least 1 round this year. Only one to play every week is Peachey, and he almost got suspended for this round. A lot of that is not poor decision making to own the player, its just bad luck.

Averillo and Bird both missed the same week - so ditching Averillo made some sense at the time. Other options would have meant trading out a green dot instead of a red one to field a CTR, or playing with 16 for a week

I have been rage trading, but almost always it is guys who aren't playing. Sometimes its with no known return date (when Averillo first went out nobody knew how long he'd be gone for, same with Milf, Lodge and a few others)
    And at times I have held players I should have ditched and vice versa. Holding Momirovski was a waste, holding Papenhuyzen may also turn out to be that way. probably could have held Milford.
    but too easy to judge these things in hindsight.
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Thu May 13, 2021 12:48 am

There are a whole pile of WFB who have outscored Papy in total points. Surely there is value is being available? I started without him and fell behind but I’m hoping to make up ground with saved trades. I’m not ruling out bringing him in after origin. Yes, he gave owners a good start but he hasn’t made a huge difference because of his unavailability.

WFB based on total points

To’o
    Gutho
    Doueihi
    RTS
    BMoz
    Rapana
    Holmes
    JAC
    Isaako
    Gagai
    Thompson
    Laurie
    Ferguson
    Teddy
    Sivo
    Papy
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu May 13, 2021 12:48 am

my tv broke wrote:

If rules don't change, I think  next year I will aim for a little more towards a more rounded 21 to start rather than a bunch of risky cows.

Two years in a row that teams are being forced to make a heap of trades on injuries. Not sure if there are more suspensions lately too.. no data on that, but it seems that way with crackdown on head contact/etc. Maybe just the players 'we' own being affected more.

Just being able to field a 17 each week that has some ok scorers in the 14-17 rather than having to force trades all the time is probably understated.

I've only copped 16 once this year and that was on the back of Teddy already being out and Roberts a late scratching + holding Niu. The key is to get rid of those long term red dots as soon as you can while still moving in the general direction of your team planning

I moved out Lodge, Lam, Moylan, Liddle, Riki, SOS and now Munster the week that they were ruled out. You can afford to hold 1 red dot but any more than that you will get burnt quickly

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:04 am