NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

Post by Camo123 Wed May 12, 2021 9:06 pm

Chewie wrote:My argument against trading Starling in:
    Starling is a great value buy, if he keeps the mins he will make some good cash, but he doesn't play round 13.
    The bye rounds this season are very different from each other. Round 13 is rich with value and potential season keepers. Round 17 on the other hand is dirt poor with lack of value and hardly any season keepers.
    I recommend any sane fantasy coach to pick up the tullips of round 13, but wait before picking up rd17 players. It will be easy to do a sideways trade to Starling between the bye rounds if he does well.
    Round 17 bye potential season keepers are Tohu, Taumalolo, AFB, Ramien, maybe SJ (if he finds form) and RTS (if Walsh doesn't push him to the wing again)... and maybe Starling.
    Let me know if you can think of anyone else...

From your R13 heavy team it's still probably 50/50 in terms of keepers & players who would be ideally traded during byes

R13 Keepers: Mahoney, IPap, Moses, Bird, To'o, Brailey, Fog??
    Potential keepers if short on trades/18th man: Leilua, SCrichton
    R13 & move on: Lodge, Watson, Barnett, Laurie, Brooks, Lodge, Simpkin/Cini/Roberts (if they play R13)
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 49 - Funtime Fifita

Post by Mulvy Wed May 12, 2021 9:08 pm

Round 17 bye potential season keepers are Tohu, Taumalolo, AFB, Ramien, maybe SJ (if he finds form) and RTS (if Walsh doesn't push him to the wing again)... and maybe Starling.

Tohu, Lolo, AFB and RTS are the main ones I'm interested in. I may possibly still have one or two of Schuster, Walker, Walsh and Starling if I get him. Verills if he's back by then. Not sure SJ is going to relevant anymore and besides, I'm going to have stack of halves already.

A lot of the rd13 guns are final 17 worthy, the rd 17 ones less so. I think the play is get as many rd13 ones as possible move on the ones you don't want/get injured/get suspended/get dropped to those guys mentioned above. Something like between 14-16 for round 13 and 7-9 for rd17 as a guess. Could go for a couple more in rd17 if you're blessed with trades.

Starling will be a lot more expensive in rd14 if you wait until then. If I wait a week, I can't go Welch to Koro. Given Roberts is outside my 17, turning him into Starling isn't a big of a risk as it might be. If he's a dud it just costs a trade, shouldn't lose money - would hold his price for a few weeks even with low 20s off the bench. But just getting two rd13 guns could be the play too. Gah! Sorry for the brain dump.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 12, 2021 9:10 pm

Mulvy wrote:If I was to buy into this Starling hype, Fifita and Roberts to Matterson and Starling looks pretty sexy. Leaves enough for Welch to Koro next week. 20 green dots, one pink. And 17 solid scorers even if Walker is out. Roberts is my centre cover but he's not really living up to that role now is he? Means playing Welch another week, which I'm rather keen to do anyway given the Storm's outs.

The flip side is, Roberts being a Tiger then trades are locked first game, and Starling gets bumped to bench on game day would make me look pretty silly.

I guess I could go Fifita and Welch to Matterson and Starling with 467k next week for Roberts to Koro. That way if Starling is benched on game day I could reverse and do the original trades of Welch and Fifita to Matterson and Koro.

The whole thing seems massive risk with massive reward. How much risk do I wanna take?? Hmmm.

Thinking the same thing but will be trading Cini so same fears. I don't think after everything going on Hodgson randomly starts but who knows. Trades I'm thinking leaves 279K to turn Alvaro into Matto. I think it's just about worth the risk.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 12, 2021 9:12 pm

ytsb wrote:Just realised I can go Roberts to Starling, keep Simpkin, and still go Welch to Koro next round. Now that's awfully tempting to be honest. Obliterates any centre cover though.

Is Roberts providing centre cover?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 12, 2021 9:13 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Tohu, Lolo, AFB and RTS are the main ones I'm interested in. I may possibly still have one or two of Schuster, Walker, Walsh and Starling if I get him. Verills if he's back by then. Not sure SJ is going to relevant anymore and besides, I'm going to have stack of halves already.

A lot of the rd13 guns are final 17 worthy, the rd 17 ones less so. I think the play is get as many rd13 ones as possible move on the ones you don't want/get injured/get suspended/get dropped to those guys mentioned above. Something like between 14-16 for round 13 and 7-9 for rd17 as a guess. Could go for a couple more in rd17 if you're blessed with trades.

Starling will be a lot more expensive in rd14 if you wait until then. If I wait a week, I can't go Welch to Koro. Given Roberts is outside my 17, turning him into Starling isn't a big of a risk as it might be. If he's a dud it just costs a trade, shouldn't lose money - would hold his price for a few weeks even with low 20s off the bench. But just getting two rd13 guns could be the play too. Gah! Sorry for the brain dump.

It's Moses for me, and either Starling or TPJ. Torn too but I need to take a risk. As I mentioned my cash gen is fucked so potentially getting a keeper under 500K would be a massive boost if it pays off.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 12, 2021 9:13 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Is Roberts providing centre cover?

Getting 17 on the field is hard enough let alone any cover.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 12, 2021 9:14 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Manu (or I suppose JMorris) as a centre. Possibly Thompson at the Dogs. ARey if Souths go on a tear. There isn't much...

I honestly can't see myself trading in a rd17 centre unless Bird or Peachey get injured. Wait, or maybe for a cen/wfb cover who plays rd17.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 12, 2021 9:15 pm

Starling is a great value buy, if he keeps the mins he will make some good cash, but he doesn't play round 13.
    The bye rounds this season are very different from each other. Round 13 is rich with value and potential season keepers. Round 17 on the other hand is dirt poor with lack of value and hardly any season keepers.
    I recommend any sane fantasy coach to pick up the tullips of round 13, but wait before picking up rd17 players. It will be easy to do a sideways trade to Starling between the bye rounds if he does well.

The 200K-300K between now and round 17 with Starling would be a game changer IMO.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 12, 2021 9:16 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Yeah I'll probably end up paying a bit more for Starling in round 14. But I'm happy to sideways trade someone like Barnett, Lucy, Brooks or Lodge to him.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 12, 2021 9:17 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

35-40 points and then some bigger minutes in round 13. Hopefully he is over 500k at some point between now and round 17 so I can move him on for a tidy profit

Hmmm, could do Roberts to a donkey's forward I suppose.

Gee whiz I'm flip flopping all over the place. I hate when others do that!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 12, 2021 9:18 pm

Unless you are claiming every game Havili played as 1 exception, this stat is straight up incorrect

In fact Havili played 9 games as a starter last year for an average of 42 minutes and 0(zero) games of 60 minutes
    Was only looking at Starling and Hodgson's games starting, not Havili who isn't considered an 80 minute hooker.

Post by Guest Wed May 12, 2021 9:19 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Cheers mate. And if he does he'll score reasonably well, whereas if Roberts comes back in, I'm not expecting a miracle turn around in scoring.

What's your take on Starling? I have to admit, I quickly skimmed that nrl article earlier today on a coffee break and thought, nothing to see here. Reading it again this evening after reading the views on here and did indeed seem to take on a new meaning.

The great one covers my thoughts

If Starling is playing 80 at hooker while Hodgson plays lock he would still be value even at 600k. I'm holding for atleast the next 2 weeks. You can make the cash back you can't get the trades back
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed May 12, 2021 9:19 pm

I think the case for Starling is too strong given his current price and projected scoring. Not the end of the world if things don't turn out. Still likely to make 75k or so worst case scenario. Fifita + Roberts --> Matto + Starling. 98k should be plenty for Welch --> Koro next round, and then holding trades until Crichton --> Mahoney

Post by Guest Wed May 12, 2021 9:21 pm

wolfking wrote:

Sorry, what did the great man say about these 2?

They'll basically be inbetween grades. The grind of NRL can get to the young ones. Especially in losing teams.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 12, 2021 9:23 pm

wolfking wrote:

The 200K-300K between now and round 17 with Starling would be a game changer IMO.
    He will make about 180k by round 14 if he averages 62 points a game. Not a bad shout... as long as it doesn't interfere with your bye round strategy it can be a good value buy
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 12, 2021 9:25 pm

WT2K wrote:

They'll basically be inbetween grades. The grind of NRL can get to the young ones. Especially in losing teams.

Ah yes, I remember that now.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 12, 2021 9:26 pm

Chewie wrote:
    He will make about 180k by round 14 if he averages 62 points a game. Not a bad shout... as long as it doesn't interfere with your bye round strategy it can be a good value buy

Upside is, you still get his points in round 17 but at a discount now. I totally get where you are coming from though mate.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 12, 2021 9:30 pm

ytsb wrote:I think the case for Starling is too strong given his current price and projected scoring. Not the end of the world if things don't turn out. Still likely to make 75k or so worst case scenario. Fifita + Roberts --> Matto + Starling. 98k should be plenty for Welch --> Koro next round, and then holding trades until Crichton --> Mahoney

It's a good plan. I would say 98k is most likely enough for Koro, I wouldn't say "plenty".

The case is strong with Starling's projected scoring indeed, no one is doubting he's a fantasy gun if starting and playing big minutes. It's just the risk whether that is the case or not.
    Chris nz

Post by Chris nz Wed May 12, 2021 9:32 pm

Praying walker plays & goes big this week, need him to gain one last healthy price rise so I can do one trade for a keeper next week, looking at Koro , Hughes , TPJ ,
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 12, 2021 9:37 pm

Mulvy wrote:

It's a good plan. I would say 98k is most likely enough for Koro, I wouldn't say "plenty".

The case is strong with Starling's projected scoring indeed, no one is doubting he's a fantasy gun if starting and playing big minutes. It's just the risk whether that is the case or not.

I think Roberts to him isn't the biggest disaster if it flops mate. The upside us just massive.

I could go Leniu to make sure he starts but Cini or Roberts to him is worth the punt I think.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:14 am