NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:31 am

A heads-up that there's a bug on the Android app where you can see teams from opponents in your leagues by clicking on the About/Players/*name* buttons within the league. Those who are concerned might want to clear their teams.

By the way, a lot of people have been keeping quiet about having Wade Graham Wink
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5

Post by Speedball Deluxe Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:40 am

rhinoceroo wrote:A heads-up that there's a bug on the Android app where you can see teams from opponents in your leagues by clicking on the About/Players/*name* buttons within the League. Those who are concerned might want to clear their teams.

By the way, a lot of people have been keeping quiet about having Wade Graham Wink

I just downloaded the android app, I can't seem to replicate this bug you speak of, so either they have patched it, or I'm not doing it right. Think it's the former. Least I hope so.

Maybe someone else could try to replicate to confirm it still exists or has been patched?

Last edited by Speedball Deluxe on Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:45 am

So amped, Nrl 9s today!!! For those without foxtel here is a guide I found of how to watch it online. Kicks off 930am QLD time.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/superleague/comments/44a5ji/guide_to_watching_the_auckland_nines_online/
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:52 am

Speedball Deluxe wrote:

I just downloaded the android app, I can't seem to replicate this bug you speak of, so either they have patched it, or I'm not doing it right. Think it's the former. Least I hope so.

No, it's still there. Click on your league, then "About", then "Players". It'll drop down the teams/players in your league and if you click on them it'll show you their team.
    Speedball Deluxe
    Speedball Deluxe

Post by Speedball Deluxe Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:00 am

When I click on the names in the section you are talking about I get.a pop up message which says "Your match ups will be available at the start of the second game when full lock out is in place". And it doesn't show any players in those teams.
    Perhaps you have a previous build of the app?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:07 am

Speedball Deluxe wrote:When I click on the names in the section you are talking about I get.a pop up message which says "Your match ups will be available at the start of the second game when full lock out is in place". And it doesn't show any players in those teams.

That might be true. I would post screenshots but that'd be unfair on the players involved. We'll see if anyone else has it when they wake up...
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:26 am

I've been quite loose with nrl fantasy over the last 2 years, mainly with the layout and price changes that threw me off. I went and made a team today, and thinking about getting a little more serious this year. DT is fun, just gotta adapt to the new ways of NRLF (RDT is ok, prefer NRLF scoring system slightly but prefer RDT price changing system).

Here's some of my preseason thoughts (will refine over the PS with more info... and of course the golden r1 team sheets on a certain Tuesday)... also not going to mention many cheap players yet.

Hookers - liking Farah, Seg and Granville. Farah apparently loving the reduced responsibility with no capt... would love if he played 80mins too (would be a bonafide lock). Seg hopefully over his injuries. Granville talking up playing 80 mins with the reduced rotations.

FRF - Thinking about SBurgess. Idk he might struggle after playing union. Liking Cooper with no Merrin.

2RF - Parker/Gallen/Mannering: will take 1 or 2 of those. Guerra/Harris also being considered.

HLF - Locking DCE and ARey (though this rumour business with Reynolds is unsettling)

CTR - Ferguson at fullback for Roosters? If so I will run with him. I'm going 3 cheap players in CTR, weakest position in DT.

WFB - Starting with GI. Depending on fitness I like Mansour for TB's.

Sorry for the long post.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:45 am

Milchcow wrote:

To each their own ST, but I love the first round price changes

Just seems to amateur from SC/VSDT to me. Giving everyone 2 weeks to decide if they want to trade a player in or not.

Makes it easier to grab every cash cow if you get 2 free looks at them before deciding if they are worth it.

Anyone that started last year without Soliola, Taukeiaho, Bird, Aitken, Coote was able to grab all of them easily without missing a price rise. Much prefer it if you are forced to make a decision on a player from the start.
    I much prefer the new method as well, it separates the people who just check score once a week and those that do some research and watch the games.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:48 am

Speedball Deluxe wrote:When I click on the names in the section you are talking about I get.a pop up message which says "Your match ups will be available at the start of the second game when full lock out is in place". And it doesn't show any players in those teams.

This is what I get and was the same when bug reported a few days ago
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:16 am

Random wrote:

Must haves.. (Any $130k - $134k named)

Hastings, Taylor, Gutherson, Henry, Auva'a, Bhana.

Will Bhana get a shot with Pauli Pauli signing. I can see all the others starting.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:25 am

superbucks wrote:I've been quite loose with nrl fantasy over the last 2 years, mainly with the layout and price changes that threw me off. I went and made a team today, and thinking about getting a little more serious this year. DT is fun, just gotta adapt to the new ways of NRLF (RDT is ok, prefer NRLF scoring system slightly but prefer RDT price changing system).

Here's some of my preseason thoughts (will refine over the PS with more info... and of course the golden r1 team sheets on a certain Tuesday)... also not going to mention many cheap players yet.

Hookers - liking Farah, Seg and Granville. Farah apparently loving the reduced responsibility with no capt... would love if he played 80mins too (would be a bonafide lock). Seg hopefully over his injuries. Granville talking up playing 80 mins with the reduced rotations.

FRF - Thinking about SBurgess. Idk he might struggle after playing union. Liking Cooper with no Merrin.

2RF - Parker/Gallen/Mannering: will take 1 or 2 of those. Guerra/Harris also being considered.

HLF - Locking DCE and ARey (though this rumour business with Reynolds is unsettling)

CTR - Ferguson at fullback for Roosters? If so I will run with him. I'm going 3 cheap players in CTR, weakest position in DT.

WFB - Starting with GI. Depending on fitness I like Mansour for TB's.

Sorry for the long post.

Welcome mate!
    Can't see Farah playing 80 anymore, certainly not for the Tiger, his prblems with JT well documented and Ballin signed although currently out injured!
    Cant see Granville playing 80 mins yet either

Love Cooper and will consistantly get you 50-60 points, guy is a machine. Burgess might start slow but can see him returning to his form of old after a few rounds

Any reasoning behind the Guerra and Harris inclines mate? Guerra might take on more responsibilty in an attacking sense with Cordner seemingly out for a fair few months, SST i like to benefit the most from that

Agree with the 2 halves selections, Hastings a must have be at starting half or as a ressie

I have been looking at Fergo to shore up the tough CTR spot, Hurrell, Lafai potential to return to gun stats and both have a decent starting price

love Mansour and hasn't left my team since i started making teams,a nother im backing to return to GUN status in the WFB

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:27 am

Great post Superbucks. Farah could be a real pod with no one considering him at all.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:33 am

rhinoceroo wrote:A heads-up that there's a bug on the Android app where you can see teams from opponents in your leagues by clicking on the About/Players/*name* buttons within the league. Those who are concerned might want to clear their teams.

I don't think it's a big deal. Everyone has the opportunity to do a little research and watch trials etc to get an idea of players they should select. This far out from the start of the season everyone's team will no doubt change before round 1 kickoff.
    Vestid

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 5 - Page 3 Empty Final team before TLT

Post by Vestid Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:39 am

Settled on this for TLT, feel free to pick holes in it

Segeyaro Granville
    Fifita Sue
    Parker Merrin Whitehead Pauli
    DCE Milford
    Lafai Hurrell Auva'a
    Mansour Gordon Holmes
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:40 am

Pacey's Best wrote:For all the clubs who name a bench hooker in Round 1, with only 8 interchanges now, if they replace the 2 props and hooker and bring them all back, only leaves 2 interchanges left for injuries and fatigue.
    Do you think the coaches will keep those 2 changes up their sleeves till abt the 70th minute in case of injury or fatigue or only keep 1 till then?
    If they keep the 2, then the 2nd rowers and locks will all play the first 70 minutes at least before being considered replacing and if other players are more fatigued, then they play 80.
    What will they do ?????

I posted my thoughts earlier on this. I think the 3 middle forwards (props and locks) will use 5-6 interchanges and anyone with a bench hooker will most likely only use one change around the 60 min mark. I think teams that have a lock who can play 60-80 min straight in the middle have an advantage and may be able to continue to rotate hooker twice.

Realistically teams will have to have 2 80min forwards (any from the 6) but if you can have 3+ who can put in a quality 80 you have a big advantage by being able to rotate the middle more often.

Any team that plans on rotating wide backrowers will need an 80min hooker and lock plus a frontrower who can play at least 60
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:44 am

Good to see ST again, mate come back to Fantasy, the bugs are gone and its a better game now
    Sashamaloo
    Sashamaloo

Post by Sashamaloo Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:55 am

For all the teams running a halves combo of gun(dce for most) and then three cheapies (Hastings Taylor and j niko), please consider the following scenario.
    Taylor let's Roberts run the show and basically scores 15 points a wee. Not implausible.
    J niko only lasts 4 weeks as Pearce returns. Or only scores 15 points like above.
    Hastings gets himself an injury early on or a suspension.

You now have three halves with little money, and there is no way of upgrading them without totally disrupting your sides.

I am personally going dce, arey/jrey, Hastings, Taylor,

I haven't decided which Reynolds I will go with yet, but prob arey. It gives me a bit more flexibility.
    I also figure if the three cheapies do all happen to fire, in two or 3 weeks I could downgrade the Reynolds I choose and upgrade to the best mid range 2rf
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:57 am

Vestid wrote:Settled on this for TLT, feel free to pick holes in it

Segeyaro Granville
    Fifita Sue
    Parker Merrin Whitehead Pauli
    DCE Milford
    Lafai Hurrell Auva'a
    Mansour Gordon Holmes

Guessing your 4th reserve would be Hastings mate

Segeyaro 58 Granville 45
    Fifita 60 Sue 40-45
    Parker 60 Merrin 60 Whitehead 35-40 Pauli 20-25
    DCE 55-62 Milford 45 Hastings 35-40
    Lafai 30-35 Hurrell 30-35 Auva'a 25
    Mansour 40 Gordon 40 Holmes 35-40

my avg predictions based on
    Sue if named Lock
    Holmes if named FB
    Whitehead if starting

So anywhere between 770-815

I like the balance mate, few options to potentially downgrade a CTR to Guth/Copley to upgrade someone like Pauli
    Vestid

Post by Vestid Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:07 am

Welshy87 wrote:

Guessing your 4th reserve would be Hastings mate

Segeyaro 58 Granville 45
    Fifita 60 Sue 40-45
    Parker 60 Merrin 60 Whitehead 35-40 Pauli 20-25
    DCE 55-62 Milford 45 Hastings 35-40
    Lafai 30-35 Hurrell 30-35 Auva'a 25
    Mansour 40 Gordon 40 Holmes 35-40

my avg predictions based on
    Sue if named Lock
    Holmes if named FB
    Whitehead if starting

So anywhere between 770-815

I like the balance mate, few options to potentially downgrade a CTR to Guth/Copley to upgrade someone like Pauli

Thanks.

Yep, Hastings is fourth reserve. My assumption are as the same as yours on Sue/Holmes/Whitehead. Looks like Whitehead and Pauli are the only real concerns based on your predictions, although I'm hoping Whitehead is more 40-45 than 35-40.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:12 am

Sashamaloo wrote:For all the teams running a halves combo of gun(dce for most) and then three cheapies (Hastings Taylor and j niko), please consider the following scenario.
    Taylor let's Roberts run the show and basically scores 15 points a wee. Not implausible.
    J niko only lasts 4 weeks as Pearce returns. Or only scores 15 points like above.
    Hastings gets himself an injury early on or a suspension.

You now have three halves with little money, and there is no way of upgrading them without totally disrupting your sides.

I am personally going dce, arey/jrey,  Hastings, Taylor,

I haven't decided which Reynolds I will go with yet, but prob arey. It gives me a bit more flexibility.
    I also figure if the three cheapies do all happen to fire, in two or 3 weeks I could downgrade the Reynolds I choose and upgrade to the best mid range 2rf

Your reasoning is extremely solid however which area of your team have you cut back on to afford this upgrade of sorts? I can only imagine you are running with a cheapie such as Copley or Gutherson in your starting WFB?

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:57 pm