NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 46 - Got any more of them tries?

ytsb
    ytsb

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 46 - Got any more of them tries? - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 46 - Got any more of them tries?

Post by ytsb Sat May 08, 2021 12:28 am

Reckon if I just play a 0 at mid until R13 it'll be all sweet if I trade out Welch and Crichton for Koro and Matto? Surely that's play on?
    Regulator
    Regulator

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 46 - Got any more of them tries? - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 46 - Got any more of them tries?

Post by Regulator Sat May 08, 2021 12:29 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Not sure now, might be mixing them up with SC. I hate wingers more than centres, so I remember not being too keen on them as cows, but it's paid off to go cheap in the backs for me in the past. CTR being the lowest average position makes sense to start there first with cheap options.

It definitely makes sense to go cheap there, I do the same. But in any cheap player there's going to be risks, we just deem those risks to be worth taking to benefit elsewhere.

Sometimes cheap gets you Lomax or Crichton.

Sometimes cheap gets you Roberts or Niu.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Sat May 08, 2021 12:29 am

ytsb wrote:Matto and Koro both looking prime next week. I'm drunk AF but surely I can go Stefano to Barnett this round with 81k left over and then A. Crichton and Welch next round for Koro and Matterson? Please help me I'm cooked

Very frustrating after I owned Matterson for about 12 rounds this year, 10 of them on the sideline, but I'm also looking at these two next week.

Depending what they do this week, I have the likes of Brooks, Isaako and Milf which could all be close to straight swaps, dependent on what they do this week. Funnily enough, HOK and EDG stocks low, so would be sexy for a bit of team balance too.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat May 08, 2021 12:30 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Looped Walker and Simpkin. 32 is right on the lower edge of a score I'll take. Probably bring in Simpkin but if Walker updates to 35 or something then idk.

Need to give you some big props. I had planned to loop Walker, then decided on game day to loop Welch for some reason (probably because he plays first, but you really want the rocks and diamonds guy in the loop rather than the guy who scores the same every week in the loop).

Anyway, 10 minutes before kick off, I saw your post about putting Walker in the loop, and thought, yeah of course.

Will now need to decide if Walsh, Simpkin or Alvaro beats it. If Walsh starts, it will be him I think.

Anyway, cheers mate.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat May 08, 2021 12:31 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Looped Walker and Simpkin. 32 is right on the lower edge of a score I'll take. Probably bring in Simpkin but if Walker updates to 35 or something then idk.

As a non-Simpkin owner he makes me nervous every week. Starts on fire but hasn't gone on with it. Always looks likely for a meatie as well. Remains to be seen how Liddle affects him over Mbye.

One thing with him, and it's the reason I didn't bring him in, but his first 2 games he had a head knock in each and looked like he was on the verge of going off for an HIA. No hint of any issues last week mind you.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat May 08, 2021 12:31 am

ytsb wrote:Reckon if I just play a 0 at mid until R13 it'll be all sweet if I trade out Welch and Crichton for Koro and Matto? Surely that's play on?

Just in case anyoen takes this seriously, you can play 0 at CTR short term, you can't play 0 at MID
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Sat May 08, 2021 12:31 am

Milchcow wrote:

Will be about $580k with a BE of ~90

So when do people without him pull the trigger? Try and get him at bottom price, or wait until after origin?

Straight swap for Laurie after rd 13. But seriously would wait till the roosters get some troops back first
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Sat May 08, 2021 12:32 am

manlybeaver wrote:Anyone else gonna trade an origin gun for matterson before it costs you more at rnd 13

I won’t be trading Matterson in until R13, if at all. Too much risk of another HIA layoff and trades at a premium. He looked awesome tonight, but also had a head clash with the Carty Party that could have easily been a HIA. I’m happy to pay extra at R13.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Sat May 08, 2021 12:36 am

Milchcow wrote:

Just in case anyoen takes this seriously, you can play 0 at CTR short term, you can't play 0 at MID

Aww the more you know. Back to the drawing board for me
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat May 08, 2021 12:45 am

easytiger wrote:Personally, I like the shitty Centre position where there are a multitude of potential choices that could be sound or flop - it gives some diversity. The Bateman/Niukore  season was effectively 19 man squad's.

I love the challenge of the bye rounds.  I like that it always feels like we don't have quite enough trades, and I like the fact at some point the acid is put on you and your team structure with unpredictable carnage.

It's the culmination of all those things that typically counteracts dumb luck and gradually let's good players rise to the top. It makes trading decisions more challenging and strategic, and playing a good game is seldom a procession through to the finish.

There's always opportunities to learn and improve as a result - if you're open to them.
    I just don't think anything about the current system is that broke.

I'm sitting outside the top 5k, I think MTB, MS and Welshy are too - yet don't see any of them complaining about the game, and I guarantee none of them are throwing in the towel, and won't be surprised when they turn up at the money end of the season...

Very well said mate. As I said earlier, I like that it's hard. I love that you guys continue to post good stuff even when struggling. Even MTB doing well in previous years always posts humbly, wish I could control myself that much!

I think your best point was about learning. Every day I learn something and I try to apply it with fantasy every year, taking notes, listening to those who perennially do well at this thing. Would love to get a top 100 finish, I've been close a few times.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat May 08, 2021 12:47 am

If Brown is suspended, Arthur's son may come in, has been playing great in reserve grade.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat May 08, 2021 12:49 am

ytsb wrote:Matto and Koro both looking prime next week. I'm drunk AF but surely I can go Stefano to Barnett this round with 81k left over and then A. Crichton and Welch next round for Koro and Matterson? Please help me I'm cooked

Yep I'm looking at Welch to Koro next week. I'll have to look at the implications of Mahoney's score though. Hope he's okay and I had ear marked Macca at some stage but maybe Mahoney instead. Haven't thought too much here. Also drunk.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Sat May 08, 2021 12:54 am

Simpkins is a sell for mine in a few rounds if Liddell returns permanently
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat May 08, 2021 12:54 am

VERTiiGO wrote:Looking at the roosters injuries and comparing it to a team like panthers who have just been purring along with pretty much the full strength team week in and week out just goes to show you how much luck plays in having success in this comp... also makes me really appreciate going back 2 back... almost impossible in the modern game.

Couple of years ago the Cowboys had on top of the usual legs, ankles, knees, shoulders etc; we also had brain bleed, ruptured spleen, stroke to name a few. It's just not your year when this shit happens. I actually remember when people were kind of complaining about the Cowboys lucky run of injuries in 2015/16. Roosters are having a tough time. They'll come good.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sat May 08, 2021 12:55 am

Cleary sweepstakes winner was whoever was closest to 88.

None of Penrith's starters scored under 40.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat May 08, 2021 12:56 am

ytsb wrote:

Aww the more you know. Back to the drawing board for me

Sorry if I was misinterpreted.

It is technically possible to play a 0 at MID. Its just not a good idea to give up a high scoring position voluntarily.

going without 8 from James Roberts for a week won't kill you.

Having 0 in a position where most others are getting 50+ is not a good idea
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat May 08, 2021 1:01 am

AL wrote:

I won’t be trading Matterson in until R13, if at all. Too much risk of another HIA layoff and trades at a premium. He looked awesome tonight, but also had a head clash with the Carty Party that could have easily been a HIA. I’m happy to pay extra at R13.

This. I'm considering him, but not until three weeks from now.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sat May 08, 2021 1:08 am

Mulvy wrote:

Very well said mate. As I said earlier, I like that it's hard.  I love that you guys continue to post good stuff even when struggling. Even MTB doing well in previous years always posts humbly, wish I could control myself that much!

I think your best point was about learning. Every day I learn something and I try to apply it with fantasy every year, taking notes, listening to those who perennially do well at this thing. Would love to get a top 100 finish, I've been close a few times.  

Thanks.
    Yeah, without getting to philosophical, I think the game can be a good reflection of your character - how you take the knocks, how you recognize and own mistakes and weaknesses in your game (because those areas offer the most opportunity for improvement).
    But also identifying the parts of your game play that you are strong in (or tend to make good decisions around) and how to play to best utilize those strengths.

I would've said you're one of the best posters on here with generally great advice as well as some high quality drunken shit posting - so surprises me you haven't got there yet - I'm sure it's just a matter of time

Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat May 08, 2021 1:22 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Cleary sweepstakes winner was whoever was closest to 88.

None of Penrith's starters scored under 40.

cheer 87

What do I win? Very Happy
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat May 08, 2021 1:28 am

easytiger wrote:

Thanks.
    Yeah, without getting to philosophical, I think the game can be a good reflection of your character - how you take the knocks, how you recognize and own mistakes and weaknesses in your game (because those areas offer the most opportunity for improvement).
    But also identifying the parts of your game play that you are strong in (or tend to make good decisions around) and how to play to best utilize those strengths.

I would've said you're one of the best posters on here with generally great advice as well as some high quality drunken shit posting - so surprises me you haven't got there yet - I'm sure it's just a matter of time

Beating Heart

Yep bound to be some improvement. In the shit posting I mean. To do better at fantasy I'd probably have to watch the games rather than talking about them Very Happy

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:25 pm