NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 46 - Got any more of them tries?

Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 46 - Got any more of them tries? - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 46 - Got any more of them tries?

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri May 07, 2021 4:06 pm

TU: Ramien
    TD: Opacic
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 46 - Got any more of them tries? - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 46 - Got any more of them tries?

Post by wolfking Fri May 07, 2021 4:07 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:what do we think lads would you go:

croker and egan to gamble and ipap + 149k itb or

croker to starling with + 1 trade saved and 299k itb (fog also consideration but I woke up feeling dangerous so leaning starling if going this route)

Team below for reference

Brailey
    haas watson crichton
    fifi schuster
    cleary moses
    avo bird
    laurie turbo teddy

egan curran walker CHN
    roberts simpkin croker papy

Fist option looks solid AF. Starling is all about if you think Hodgson doesn't return. It's a massive risk, but could easily pay off. Team is really good mate, how many trades do you have?
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Fri May 07, 2021 4:10 pm

BCT05 wrote:

I got Brimson this week mate, join me so I don't feel alone when he fails miserably.

Nah in all honesty I think he's a good shout at his current price, don't think it can go too wrong as long as he stays healthy

Talked me into it! Looking forward to commiserating with you over the next few weeks.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Fri May 07, 2021 4:14 pm

wolfking wrote:

Fist option looks solid AF.  Starling is all about if you think Hodgson doesn't return.  It's a massive risk, but could easily pay off.  Team is really good mate, how many trades do you have?

Thanks mate, got 22 left before these trades. i expect hodgson back in the team but on the bench is what id be hoping for. Ive personally thought he has been overrated the last couple years but cant deny his reputation and expecting him to stay on the bench could be a longshot if they lose again soon. in a perfect world id get starling and ipap but I'm agonisingly 3k short.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Fri May 07, 2021 4:15 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:what do we think lads would you go:

croker and egan to gamble and ipap + 149k itb or

croker to starling with + 1 trade saved and 299k itb (fog also consideration but I woke up feeling dangerous so leaning starling if going this route)

Team below for reference

Brailey
    haas watson crichton
    fifi schuster
    cleary moses
    avo bird
    laurie turbo teddy

egan curran walker CHN
    roberts simpkin croker papy

Both options have risks so I’d take the risk that gets iPap in my team
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Fri May 07, 2021 4:16 pm

Surely TPJ is less than an outside chance for origin? What with NSW's forward depth. If he's a chance I'll go Barnett or Lucy but TPJ's DPP is juicy (bars).

Not expecting 81's or even high 60s from TPJ but his ball playing has really impressed me these last few weeks. Coupled with his ability to bust tackles I'm pretty keen on him.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 07, 2021 4:17 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:

Thanks mate, got 22 left before these trades. i expect hodgson back in the team but on the bench is what id be hoping for. Ive personally thought he has been overrated the last couple years but cant deny his reputation and expecting him to stay on the bench could be a longshot if they lose again soon. in a perfect world id get starling and ipap but I'm agonisingly 3k short.

Oof! 3K short, brutal. I don't know much, but I personally have never understood the hype behind Hodgson, but I'm not that footy minded so he probably does a lot I don't see or take notice of.

Would honestly love to take the punt on Starling myself, but don't think I can.

20 trades after this round with what you'll have setup is solid.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Fri May 07, 2021 4:19 pm

precursor wrote:Surely TPJ is less than an outside chance for origin? What with NSW's forward depth. If he's a chance I'll go Barnett or Lucy but TPJ's DPP is juicy (bars).

Not expecting 81's or even high 60s from TPJ but his ball playing has really impressed me these last few weeks. Coupled with his ability to bust tackles I'm pretty keen on him.  

The main reason I'm keen on him is that his discipline has improved a lot, and he's been the heart and soul of that Broncos team. He's always involved and always looking to offload, and that's gold for fantasy
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Fri May 07, 2021 4:24 pm

wolfking wrote:

Oof!  3K short, brutal.  I don't know much, but I personally have never understood the hype behind Hodgson, but I'm not that footy minded so he probably does a lot I don't see or take notice of.

Would honestly love to take the punt on Starling myself, but don't think I can.

20 trades after this round with what you'll have setup is solid.

yea I think before the rule changes he was able to control the ruck and direct his team around with the slower speed of game but with the increased speed and especially style raiders play with wighton and Williams attacking with early ball his return has stifled that momentum. when in the attacking 20 he will jump out from DH and try and do too much before passing rather than give the ball to the halves. whereas starling will explode out of DH earlier in the sets and closer to midfield when there is space and create that momentum that the halves play off with half breaks or line breaks. defensively loves a missed tackle as well. In saying that hodgson is a decent nrl quality hooker but he has definitely been overrated in my opinion

i think starling is better for their team right now

*just my opinion welcome anyone that disagrees
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri May 07, 2021 4:24 pm

6-0 to Opacic wtf I thought Ramien would win that. Will switch Ramien to Opacic now, so guarantee a 50+ from Ramien...
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 07, 2021 4:25 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

The main reason I'm keen on him is that his discipline has improved a lot, and he's been the heart and soul of that Broncos team. He's always involved and always looking to offload, and that's gold for fantasy
    Everyone’s discipline is good until one day they decide to rip someone’s chin off
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 07, 2021 4:28 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:6-0 to Opacic wtf I thought Ramien would win that. Will switch Ramien to Opacic now, so guarantee a 50+ from Ramien...
    Anyone playing for overall would choose Opacic because he plays for a decent team and plays the first bye. Also less likely to have a brain fart possibly.

If you had mentioned H2H it may have been different.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Fri May 07, 2021 4:28 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

Both options have risks so I’d take the risk that gets iPap in my team

yea thanks mate think I'm leaning that way too would also be my mid cover which I don't have atm which is helping as a deciding factor as well as r13 wait I think I just convinced myself as I'm  writing this hahah

fuck or I could do mahoney and starling
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri May 07, 2021 4:33 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Anyone playing for overall would choose Opacic because he plays for a decent team and plays the first bye. Also less likely to have a brain fart possibly.

If you had mentioned H2H it may have been different.

Ahhh fk yeah I forgot aye. Sorry for the fuss lads just one more cheeky TU or TD vote for the night:

(Playing h2h!)

Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Fri May 07, 2021 4:34 pm

Anyone considered haumole olakau’atu from manly?

TU: peachey and ola
    TD: cini and TPJ
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Fri May 07, 2021 4:35 pm

feeling like Rabbits going back and forth between options lol

gonna stick with ipap and gamble trade I think even though starling and mahoney is blooy tempting
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 07, 2021 4:35 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Ahhh fk yeah I forgot aye. Sorry for the fuss lads just one more cheeky TU or TD vote for the night:

(Playing h2h!)

I’ll start ya off with a thumbs up mate, although Opacics consistency is very nice.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri May 07, 2021 4:36 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Anyone considered haumole olakau’atu from manly?

Yeah man I was heavily considering him last round then he got a below average score. Just not sure he's an ideal trade in at the moment with all the injury carnage (for my team anyways). JS kinda shakey aswell with Siro back soon but now Aloiai has gone down he could have a secure bench role to be fair.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri May 07, 2021 4:37 pm

Yeah man I was heavily considering him last round then he got a below average score. Just not sure he's an ideal trade in at the moment with all the injury carnage (for my team anyways). JS kinda shakey aswell with Siro back soon but now Aloiai has gone down he could have a secure bench role to be fair.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri May 07, 2021 4:37 pm

Very strongly last week. But went double gun and was unsure of what happens when Sironen returns.
    Not sure if losing Aloiai for a couple of months helps him?

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:29 am