NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 26 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

Post by Honey Badger Thu May 06, 2021 12:43 am

my tv broke wrote:

Yeh but is this a "haas will play less mins this year" thing or not. If Walsh keeps playing well then he'll stay in the starting side.. probably.. there's definitely risk there though.

Yeah cant always believe what you hear from the coach. I reckon he plays the same role as papy did a few years ago and he'll prob force his way into the starting 13 like papy did.
    Stylebender
    Stylebender

Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs - Page 26 Empty Re: Nrl Fantasy 2021 Part 45 - Back for more backs

Post by Stylebender Thu May 06, 2021 12:45 am

Alright boys, I need serious help.

Brailey
    Angus Haas Watson
    Fifi Schuster
    Cleary Munster
    Peachey Hampton
    Teddy Laurie Walsh

Fog Walker Alvaro Stefano
    Pappy Simpkin Roberts Simonsson

25k in the bank. Playing H2H only.
    I was thinking along the lines of Hampton & Alvaro out for Cini & JFH/Klemmer or Manu/Ramien & CHN? Or even 2 cheapies (Cini & CHN) which would give me cash to do Stefano>Grant next week.
    toast
    toast

Post by toast Thu May 06, 2021 12:55 am

wolfking wrote:I was only going to do the one trade with possibly Hampton to somebody, but I just realised if I take the punt on Walsh, I can then upgrade Alvaro to Moses with 11K spare.  No brainer trade right?  Was going to hold all my round 13 players but even though it will drop me to 20 trades, it would give me this team;

Brailey
    Watson IPap Haas
    Schuster Fifita
    Cleary Fog
    Bird Peachey
    To'o Laurie Ted

Crichton Moses Walker Walsh

Stefan Simpkin Leniu Simo

Won't be able to do the trade next week in a single trade based on their average as I won't have enough.  Seems simple right?  Or I could wait for Matto or Koro next week but Moses seems like an absolute steal and must have at that price.

I like those trades, considering the same ins and will have the same amount of trades left. I feel Moses is too good to pass up right now.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Thu May 06, 2021 1:04 am

my tv broke wrote:Roosters players/staff all being tested this morning. Seems precautionary
    Can we get Rabbits to announce the results.
    That way it’s bound to be negative.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 06, 2021 1:05 am

wolfking wrote:I was only going to do the one trade with possibly Hampton to somebody, but I just realised if I take the punt on Walsh, I can then upgrade Alvaro to Moses with 11K spare.  No brainer trade right?  Was going to hold all my round 13 players but even though it will drop me to 20 trades, it would give me this team;

Brailey
    Watson IPap Haas
    Schuster Fifita
    Cleary Fog
    Bird Peachey
    To'o Laurie Ted

Crichton Moses Walker Walsh

Stefan Simpkin Leniu Simo

Won't be able to do the trade next week in a single trade based on their average as I won't have enough.  Seems simple right?  Or I could wait for Matto or Koro next week but Moses seems like an absolute steal and must have at that price.

I would do that Moses trade. I am toying with Hampton for Walsh myself as a WTF trade....he probably scores the same off the bench as Cini does playing wing for the Tigers Laughing
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 06, 2021 1:06 am

Chucky wrote:
    Can we get Rabbits to announce the results.
    That way it’s bound to be negative.

If they are clear it'll be COVID TESTERS YOU ARE A DISGRACE!!!!!!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 06, 2021 1:09 am

Aardvark wrote:

I know you think I’m being harsh mate but every week around Wednesday we get a shitload of scattergun posts pleading for advice and then throwing in crazy hypotheticals to cast doubt on responses.

It grinds my gears when you hit people up directly.

I have posted in response multiple times suggesting you have a think before posting and try adopting a more long term approach to your team.

For example if you are not going to play Simo when you have an injury what is he in your team for? He is there for backup, so unless you can trade him to someone like Ponga or To’o play him.

TPJ is a good trade in as he plays 13 which is the point I was trying to make.

You don’t get any better if you keep outsourcing your decisions. The forum is a resource to help you and make playing the game more entertaining it’s not a magic eight ball.

Couldnt agree with this anymore. @Rabbits21 you really need to take @Aardvark 's overall advice here. You will improve as a fantasy player if you do, and you will develop better relationships with the forum, who I can see have genuinely been trying to help you, but are now getting pretty jaded from the monotony of it all.

I think the key message is - take ownership of your team a bit more, try and establish a bit of a long term plan, and have a good think through your options (for yourself) before posting. You will get much better value out of the forum if you do.

GL bud.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu May 06, 2021 1:13 am

I’ve decided to run 16 for two weeks in a row. Wish me luck 👍😂
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 06, 2021 1:16 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Couldnt agree with this anymore. @Rabbits21 you really need to take @Aardvark 's overall advice here. You will improve as a fantasy player if you do, and you will develop better relationships with the forum, who I can see have genuinely been trying to help you, but are now getting pretty jaded from the monotony of it all.

I think the key message is - take ownership of your team a bit more, try and establish a bit of a long term plan, and have a good think through your options (for yourself) before posting. You will get much better value out of the forum if you do.

GL bud.

@rabbbits21 also need to clarify that I do enjoy your contribution to the forum, particularly the enthusiastic Souths barricking and post game analysis, it's just the barrage of 'what should I do' posts that can get a bit much
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 06, 2021 1:18 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:I’ve decided to run 16 for two weeks in a row. Wish me luck 👍😂

I've got $imon$$on to fill out my 17... will see how he goes before making a call on Walsh. Hopefully just make the one trade which is Hampton to another centre.. fills me with excitement.

Weird to be ranked so poorly yet not have any other obvious trade outs. I do have Verrills and Roberts, but they're so cheap that they can't really become anyone else useful at the moment (other than Walsh, not that interested in Cini).

Everyone else is a hold at this stage, BS9 is a worry but he lives to fight another day and I hope he can drag himself through to round 13 before I bid him farewell.

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2021 1:21 am

Sheesh, 52% ownership in top 5k for Walsh.
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Thu May 06, 2021 1:22 am

Still need to trade out Egan, Uto and Alvaro. And that's AFTER trading out Roberts and Hampton this week
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 06, 2021 1:24 am

toast wrote:

I like those trades, considering the same ins and will have the same amount of trades left. I feel Moses is too good to pass up right now.

Aardvark wrote:

I would do that Moses trade. I am toying with Hampton for Walsh myself as a WTF trade....he probably scores the same off the bench as Cini does playing wing for the Tigers Laughing

Thanks lads. Seems I'm on the right track. Enjoyed cuddling the polar bear but Moses is Moses.

I think it's worth still grabbing Walsh. RTS moved positions for him ffs!
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu May 06, 2021 1:24 am

my tv broke wrote:

I've got $imon$$on to fill out my 17... will see how he goes before making a call on Walsh. Hopefully just make the one trade which is Hampton to another centre.. fills me with excitement.

Weird to be ranked so poorly yet not have any other obvious trade outs. I do have Verrills and Roberts, but they're so cheap that they can't really become anyone else useful at the moment (other than Walsh, not that interested in Cini).

Everyone else is a hold at this stage, BS9 is a worry but he lives to fight another day and I hope he can drag himself through to round 13 before I bid him farewell.
    Yeah I know I’m probably not helping myself. I just can’t see the point in spending a trade on a CTR who likely ends up in the EMG next week to gather dust (Cini) or spend a bit of cash and then be forced to put that player into EMG when the troops are fit (Crichton). 

Other option is pay absolute top dollar at CTR for say a Best and go from there, but I’d rather not
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu May 06, 2021 1:24 am

Could Verrills to Marschke be a worthwhile trade? I would likely play him in my 17 this week over Leniu or Simpkin (and potentially the next couple of weeks too) and should make some decent cash.

Wouldn't be thrilled about it as a non rd13 player coming in but struggling to see a path to turn Verrills into anyone more useful personally

Edit - nvm! Just realised Lam is potentially back this week and Hutchinson probably goes to hooker

Last edited by BCT05 on Thu May 06, 2021 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 06, 2021 1:26 am

my tv broke wrote:

I'd definitely hold on to BS9 for 13 mate. Welch, Grant, Kaufusi, Munster all out and maybe even Finucane, he'll be up for a massive game.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 06, 2021 1:27 am

BCT05 wrote:Could Verrills to Marschke be a worthwhile trade? I would likely play him in my 17 this week over Leniu or Simpkin (and potentially the next couple of weeks too) and should make some decent cash.

Wouldn't be thrilled about it as a non rd13 player coming in but struggling to see a path to turn Verrills into anyone more useful personally

Lam might play a bit of hooker when fit.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 06, 2021 1:28 am

WT2K wrote:Sheesh, 52% ownership in top 5k for Walsh.

That's a big part of my thinking of just grabbing him.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu May 06, 2021 1:28 am

wolfking wrote:

Lam might play a bit of hooker when fit.

Yeah just realised after I posted that he is very close to a return. Will scrap that idea
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu May 06, 2021 1:32 am

WT2K wrote:Sheesh, 52% ownership in top 5k for Walsh.

I like the cut of his jib, if we are to lose Reyno he would look good in red and green. Coffee

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 am