NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 42 - To'o go back to Milf? CHaN anyone answer this question?

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 42 - To'o go back to Milf? CHaN anyone answer this question? - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 42 - To'o go back to Milf? CHaN anyone answer this question?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:11 am

Welshy wrote:
    Too much sense for Failhub and foina

it's like they looked at supercoach to figure out why it's more popular, and their takeaway was bigger number = better, seems like they're less interested in balancing every new stat they add, as much as using them to push up the average score.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 42 - To'o go back to Milf? CHaN anyone answer this question? - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 42 - To'o go back to Milf? CHaN anyone answer this question?

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:12 am

Anything to read into Niu staying in the 19, or just false hope?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:14 am

wolfking wrote:

I reckon Tapine should play on the edge.  Some early ball and he could cause havok.
    Yep, he is wasted playing 30-40 minutes in the middle
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:18 am

mrbrownstone wrote:Anything to read into Niu staying in the 19, or just false hope?

Probably not. Croft and Mead were dropped from the side and they were the two "cut"

Always a chance though i guess.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:30 am

filthridden wrote:

I think he himself would be surprised if he doesn't get dropped.

I thought the saving grace for him was that Young was even worse. Irritating thing fantasy-wise is that none (maybe one) of his missed tackles was a genuine missed tackle, they were those fast linespeed ones where he gets the first hand on a runner and others complete, not negatively impacting play in the slightest. And he didn't get the ball because they never, ever went right, except the two times they scored.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:32 am

wolfking wrote:

I reckon Tapine should play on the edge.  Some early ball and he could cause havok.

Early ball at the Raiders, instead of a prop cutting back inside? Seems unlikely.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:33 am

my tv broke wrote:

Probably not. Croft and Mead were dropped from the side and they were the two "cut"

Always a chance though i guess.

Eighteenth man, five minutes, two points... losing cash and destroying loops, nailed on.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:37 am

surmo13 wrote:

it's like they looked at supercoach to figure out why it's more popular, and their takeaway was bigger number = better, seems like they're less interested in balancing every new stat they add, as much as using them to push up the average score.

Just randomly is supercoach more popular amongst casuals?

That's usually the game that the media and players refer to but I've seen more dedicated forums towards NRL Fantasy. Well okay just this place and Reddit where the majority deride it as 'easycoach' and play NF but still.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:44 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Eighteenth man, five minutes, two points... losing cash and destroying loops, nailed on.
    NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 42 - To'o go back to Milf? CHaN anyone answer this question? - Page 16 Giphy
    rectangle
    rectangle

Post by rectangle Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:45 am

Mr Snrub wrote:

That's usually the game that the media and players refer to but I've seen more dedicated forums towards NRL Fantasy. Well okay just this place and Reddit where the majority deride it as 'easycoach' and play NF but still.  

SuperCoach is owned by New Corp, who also own news.com.au, daily telegraph and fox sports, so those guys push SC.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:45 am

GreenMachine wrote:

As a gesture back to the community and to your new business, I will fund FOURTEEN fanatics polos

I will have no extra say than anyone else in design, other than;

- the number 1 to 14 on the front breast opposite the logo
    - the shirt doesn’t need to be to the quality of wearing down the pub, but we should be happy enough to wear it down the servo (thats Garage to Welshy)

I pay If you lead design polling and coordination, including the distribution to the eventual winners.

The OVERALL POINTS winner of each of our 14 leagues wins the inaugural shirts

Let’s me make it special to have one, not open sale to all Smile)

WOW! Shocked

Thanks GM you are a legend! Cheers
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:46 am

GreenMachine wrote:@Ben Marlin

Occurred to me today I’ve been around this sportal forum for over 10 years. I was introduced by a friend (Smart Elephant he went on to call himself after lurking for a year or 2) somewhere between 2008 and 2010

You needn’t run a poll for interests in shirts.

As a gesture back to the community and to your new business, I will fund FOURTEEN fanatics polos

I will have no extra say than anyone else in design, other than;

- the number 1 to 14 on the front breast opposite the logo
    - the shirt doesn’t need to be to the quality of wearing down the pub, but we should be happy enough to wear it down the servo (thats Garage to Welshy)

I pay If you lead design polling and coordination, including the distribution to the eventual winners.

The OVERALL POINTS winner of each of our 14 leagues wins the inaugural shirts

Let’s me make it special to have one, not open sale to all Smile)

This is absolutely a ploy to keep myself engaged as my interest wanes annually when the new FPL and NFL seasons come round!!

Thankyou GM, this is amazing.  Talfal making tees up off his own back last year was a massive surprise  Beating Heart .  Now we have your legendary self funding priceless Leagues prizes out of the blue as well.  Wonderful stuff mate  Very Happy
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:50 am

Mr Snrub wrote:
    surmo13 wrote:

SC is sponsored by a few of the news outlets, including FOX, whereas Fantasy is the official game chosen by the NRL. Some irony there! In saying that, Fantasy seems to be up in numbers this year. Anyone know how SC is travelling numbers wise compared to the last couple of years?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:50 am

Boozecluez wrote:Milford + Cartwright in

Bring the streamers:

This will probably be the best trade option this week Neutral
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:52 am

Mr Snrub wrote:

Wowser, I just noticed Supercoach has 130,892 entrants this year (so far) and Fantasy actually has 147,102.

For some reason I thought it was the other way round by a long way.

rectangle wrote:

SuperCoach is owned by New Corp, who also own news.com.au, daily telegraph and fox sports, so those guys push SC.

Yeah I only ever hear the commentators refer to Supercoach mid-game etc, but I have seen actual Fantasy ads on Kayo (which I think is just straight off Foxtel?)
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:55 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:AFB avoided surgery set to return 4 weeks time!

Oh I like this... I was looking at AFB today for rd17 options, but he was suppose to return in rd19.

This bring him back into play, had a great start to the season!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:57 am

Teeth Eater wrote:
    Mr Snrub wrote:

Wowser, I just noticed Supercoach has 130,892 entrants this year (so far) and Fantasy actually has 147,102.

For some reason I thought it was the other way round by a long way.

rectangle wrote:

Yeah I only ever hear the commentators refer to Supercoach mid-game etc, but I have seen actual Fantasy ads on Kayo (which I think is just straight off Foxtel?)

Those numbers are amazing. Unless I'm mistaken (and I could be because I even struggle to remember my address sometimes nowadays) SC was almost double Fantasy a couple years ago. Something like 110,000 Fantasy players vs 200,000 SC. Milchy used to keep the records on this I think for a while.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:03 am

standard-issue wrote:

Those numbers are amazing.  Unless I'm mistaken (and I could be because I even struggle to remember my address sometimes nowadays) SC was almost double Fantasy a couple years ago.  Something like 110,000 Fantasy players vs 200,000 SC.  Milchy used to keep the records on this I think for a while.

Yeah, it really surprises me too and makes me think I'm looking at it wrong somehow. Genuinely expected it the other way round and by a lot more, so I hope I'm not dudding it up.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:03 am

Boozecluez wrote:I prefer the first Mortal Kombat movie even after taking off the nostalgia rose tinted glasses
    Killer song and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (Shang Tsung) and Christoper Lambert (Raiden) were way better

oh those were the days, first SFII and then MK

Spoiler:
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:05 am

WT Winfield wrote:Niu survives the 19 man cut.

Spoiler:

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:53 pm