NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 42 - TLT Return of the MILF

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 42 - TLT Return of the MILF - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 42 - TLT Return of the MILF

Post by Bethany_B Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:34 pm

With Curran free to play, thoughts on my trade options?

TU: Niu + Uto to Curran + Ponga

TD: Niu + Uto to Walsh + Haas
    SerhanYoshi
    SerhanYoshi

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 42 - TLT Return of the MILF - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 42 - TLT Return of the MILF

Post by SerhanYoshi Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:37 pm

Bethany_B wrote:With Curran free to play, thoughts on my trade options?

TU: Niu + Uto to Curran + Ponga

TD: Niu + Uto to Walsh + Haas

Exactly my dilemma. Could go either Walsh or Curran. What do we think Curran's chances are of maintaining that starting back-row position?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:46 pm

What about this, pull the trigger ??

Chad n' Paps to Haas n' Ponga
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:52 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

How does Verills feel trappy? He is their long term hooker and will be playing big minutes most weeks once he gets some more game time?

He will play big minutes....with more game time. That’s crazy logic, what’s next?? Cleary is a good captain option? Get outtta here
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:54 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

There was a mention of some sort of injury during the game last week. Didn't catch the details but explains why he didn't come back on

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Yeah I think they said a shoulder burner or something didn't they? Can't really remember though

Thanks guys, I'll hope he reverts to his previous mins and continues on starting.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:58 pm

Welshy wrote:

I'm considering moving Papy over Teddy.

Papy, assuming origin he plays 6 of next 10 fixtures. That current average will be incredibly difficult to maintain, if he does fair play but with some potential regression I can probably get him back cheaper R18

Tedesco assuming he plays this week plays 8 of 10, and lost so much cash with the 6 that I think its selling too low for someone I'm 95% sure you want in WFB at end of season, so not worth trading out at current price to potentially buy back for $150k more later

The logic is sound, and maths checks out. I just don’t know if I want to see them tear it up and not be in my team, whilst praying Corey Thompson or the human bumper to’o do good.

Also, as a player, is to’o over rated? Just get that vibe fantasy good, player average.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:00 pm

I'm bringing in CHN and Walsh at the expense of Turpin and Hoy. Turpin has made his money and with a questionable bench his minutes could be impacted. Hoy isn't going to be in the Knights 17 so he's not going to make cash.

CHN has boom or bust potential but given how cheap he is I'm happy to have him in. He can sit in the 18-21 most weeks if need be and should still make a decent amount of money, gives me cover protection in the event an edge goes down.

Next week if Stefano has peaked he becomes anyone I want as I'll have 454K waiting to upgrade. If he posts a decent score it'll be SOS that gets moved on for a keeper. Most likely Haas.

At full strength I've got;

JBrailey
    Angus, Harris, Watson
    Fifita, Schuster
    Cleary, Moses
    Bird, Momo
    Teddy, Papy, Laurie

Milford, Walker, Simpkin, Hampton
    Stefano, Walsh, SOS and CHN
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:07 pm

Honeysett wrote:I'm bringing in CHN and Walsh at the expense of Turpin and Hoy. Turpin has made his money and with a questionable bench his minutes could be impacted. Hoy isn't going to be in the Knights 17 so he's not going to make cash.

CHN has boom or bust potential but given how cheap he is I'm happy to have him in. He can sit in the 18-21 most weeks if need be and should still make a decent amount of money, gives me cover protection in the event an edge goes down.

Next week if Stefano has peaked he becomes anyone I want as I'll have 454K waiting to upgrade. If he posts a decent score it'll be SOS that gets moved on for a keeper. Most likely Haas.

At full strength I've got;

JBrailey
    Angus, Harris, Watson
    Fifita, Schuster
    Cleary, Moses
    Bird, Momo
    Teddy, Papy, Laurie

Milford, Walker, Simpkin, Hampton
    Stefano, Walsh, SOS and CHN

I like the CHN pick, but going to hold off one week. I dunno why, just the Ricky Stuart effect i guess
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:07 pm

Fortitude wrote:

The logic is sound, and maths checks out. I just don’t know if I want to see them tear it up and not be in my team, whilst praying Corey Thompson or the human bumper to’o do good.

Also, as a player, is to’o over rated? Just get that vibe fantasy good, player average.

I wouldn’t say To’o is overrated, he’s top of the league for metres, post contact metres and tackle breaks. By some distance for the metres as well

Broke the record for most metres run by a winger in a game last week

Yes he’s a bit suspect sometimes under the high ball but he never stops trying
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:08 pm

Evening all, i have finally caught up! Does anyone know what SOS did to get dropped -did he sleep with Brownies missus? Would you sell Momirovski to bring in Haas? Does anyone know if Momirovski doesn’t automatically get picked after his return -Burton is killing it!
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:12 pm

Fortitude wrote:

I like the CHN pick, but going to hold off one week. I dunno why, just the Ricky Stuart effect i guess

You have to bring him in fast to counter the Ricky effect. Quick, before he benches him again!

I’m seriously thinking about it. Hudson is really his only competition. It does go against my R13 guns and cows only policy that I’m supposed to be following from this week.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:15 pm

One player I'd really love to bring in is Starling. If Hodgson was out a couple more weeks, I'd probably do it. Gut feel there's more going on there though.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:22 pm

Camo123 wrote:

I wouldn’t say To’o is overrated, he’s top of the league for metres, post contact metres and tackle breaks. By some distance for the metres as well

Broke the record for most metres run by a winger in a game last week

Yes he’s a bit suspect sometimes under the high ball but he never stops trying

One thing you can't coach is effort/desire

Technique, high ball skills, positioning can all be taught

To'O is a quality young player, might not have it all yet but well on way
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:24 pm

CHN vs Curran, who has the better js?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:28 pm

Honey Badger wrote:CHN vs Curran, who has the better js?

CHN for me, better pack around him but much better player
    Juggernauts
    Juggernauts

Post by Juggernauts Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:39 pm

my tv broke wrote:Im assuming Walsh plays fb again and RTS does rhe "defend on wing, five eighth in attack" thing again. Brown seemed pretty keen on that in the post game presser

I'm not so sure on this. Last game Warriors right edge in defence consisted of RTS (wing) Montoya (centre) Sironen (halfback). This has completely changed this week with Pompey and Fusitua coming back into the side. Both edges now having genuine centres and wingers, you would think you wouldn't want to push 2 players out of position and slot in a 3rd player out of position on the wing. Much more likely to play either Walsh or RTS at 5/8. Considering Niko is right footed and Walsh left footed, Niko right and Walsh left as named seems likely. Additionally, RTS is a lot better defensively and positionally than Walsh and can provide a lo better organization of the defensive line.
    Shumway
    Shumway

Post by Shumway Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:45 pm

Welshy wrote:

I'm considering moving Papy over Teddy.

Papy, assuming origin he plays 6 of next 10 fixtures. That current average will be incredibly difficult to maintain, if he does fair play but with some potential regression I can probably get him back cheaper R18

Tedesco assuming he plays this week plays 8 of 10, and lost so much cash with the 6 that I think its selling too low for someone I'm 95% sure you want in WFB at end of season, so not worth trading out at current price to potentially buy back for $150k more later

I agree with this approach and I’m continuing to wait for ‘next week’ to save trades.

Trading out Papy and Alvaro or Stefano. Bringing in Haas and still undecided on the WFB to bring in. Any interest in Val Holmes? He doesn’t play 13, but seems to be building nicely and maybe still $100k underpriced.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:48 pm

wolfking wrote:One player I'd really love to bring in is Starling.  If Hodgson was out a couple more weeks, I'd probably do it.  Gut feel there's more going on there though.

That would be a ballsy move. Not sure if it’s worth the risk though, starling not cheap enough to take the risk. If he changed clubs and was going to be the main hooker, I’d be all over him like Croker on a missed tackle.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:50 pm

Fortitude wrote:

He will play big minutes....with more game time. That’s crazy logic, what’s next?? Cleary is a good captain option? Get outtta here

More game time as in getting minutes under his belt coming off his knee injury.....
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:54 pm

Shumway wrote:

I agree with this approach and I’m continuing to wait for ‘next week’ to save trades.

Trading out Papy and Alvaro or Stefano. Bringing in Haas and still undecided on the WFB to bring in. Any interest in Val Holmes? He doesn’t play 13, but seems to be building nicely and maybe still $100k underpriced.

Ideally I want To'o but he's majorly in the picture for origin isn't he? or does the just make the camp?

If Teddy suits up, Pappy out doesn't need to be a WFB specific trade but I want R13 as a minimum spec

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:43 am