NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute! - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Post by Chewie Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:01 pm

SaveTheCheerleader wrote:

I am. Teig is a machine, can run all day. Narooma boy!

What's his job security like?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute! - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:03 pm

Chewie wrote:

What's his job security like?

Poor if Graham suits up next week.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:05 pm

Daveboy wrote:I have 13 of the top 15 owned players, anyone have more?

OWNERSHIP                  PERCENTAGE OWNERSHIP
    DAINE LAURIE               45.96%
    CONNOR WATSON         45.93%
    SAM WALKER                43.41%
    RYAN PAPENHUYZEN      43.09%
    NATHAN CLEARY           41.11%
    JORDAN RIKI                40.20%
    JAYDEN BRAILEY           37.88%
    TESI NIU                      36.24%
    DAVID FIFITA                34.38%
    JACOB LIDDLE              33.75%
    LATRELL MITCHELL        31.44%
    JAMES TEDESCO           31.41%
    CAMERON MUNSTER      27.76%
    JOSH SCHUSTER           26.47%
    ANGUS CRICHTON         24.63%
    Shit! I’ve all of them except Munster! I think I might need a pod! Oh well, it’s working at the moment so I guess I’ll stick with the herd!
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:08 pm

Can't decide if I should play Riki or Stefano in my 17.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:14 pm

More on Milford, from Walters -

"It‘s up to Anthony how long he stays in Intrust. It will be longer than a week, but I need him playing well and we‘ll put the support around him to get back to the NRL. Ultimately, he has to drive it.”

not worth the hold.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:15 pm

Longer than a week, not holding then.

Oh well, 125k and 5 rounds of 50 average is better than I expected to get from him.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:16 pm

my tv broke wrote:More on Milford, from Walters -

"It‘s up to Anthony how long he stays in Intrust. It will be longer than a week, but I need him playing well and we‘ll put the support around him to get back to the NRL. Ultimately, he has to drive it.”

not worth the hold.

It hurts, but time to say goodbye. Will remember the good times, milf.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:22 pm

WT2K wrote:

It hurts, but time to say goodbye. Will remember the good times, milf.

RIP MILFORD RND6:
    Jack Torrance
    Jack Torrance

Post by Jack Torrance Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:23 pm

Milf to Fog or Moses then. Another trade gone. I'll run out soon 😁
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:23 pm

Chewie wrote:I wasn't going to trade this week, but I have some interesting options.
    I could do something like Milford & Riki to Haas & Blore
    Not too shabby if Blore is named today
    If Blore is named today then he will be on that list as well
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:25 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    If Blore is named today then he will be on that list as well

I think Blore said last week he will be back in rnd 7.

Although I guess you never know.

I suspect Verrills will get named this week in the 18-21 but won't play.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:25 pm

my tv broke wrote:More on Milford, from Walters -

not worth the hold.

I'm telling you, the writings on the wall for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he even gets back into first grade but as you said mate, Croft ain't a worthy long term replacement. I think Kev might know the club isn't resigning him and just not pursuing it or trying to work with him any further. Not sure how long Croft is signed for but maybe Kev focusing his attention to him and Dearden while trying to keep him. I don't see Kev dropping Milf like this if there wasn't more behind the scenes with the organisation.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:27 pm

wolfking wrote:

I'm telling you, the writings on the wall for him.  Wouldn't be surprised if he even gets back into first grade but as you said mate, Croft ain't a worthy long term replacement.  I think Kev might know the club isn't resigning him and just not pursuing it or trying to work with him any further.  Not sure how long Croft is signed for but maybe Kev focusing his attention to him and Dearden while trying to keep him.  I don't see Kev dropping Milf like this if there wasn't more behind the scenes with the organisation.

I sort of disagree, regardless of whether he is re-signed (although I don't think he will be). I think Kevy may be the one at teh club who believes in him the most, because he got him to perform back in 2015. Milford will probably end up at another club with a stable hooker/half/fullback and kill it imo

From the same interview..

“I want to make it clear I haven‘t given up on Milf. If we are going to improve, I need to make the hard calls and ensure everyone wants to get better and if that happens, the team will benefit. I know Milf is copping a lot of criticism, but I honestly believe I can work with Anthony and get him firing again. It has to come from Milf, too.

“I sat down with Anthony and I took him through a few things I needed him to work on. It‘s my job as coach to get him back performing. There’s a few things Milf needs to work on, his kicking is a key area that has to be addressed, but everything about his game can be better. To Anthony‘s credit, he took it well. He understood my reasoning and he took it like a man, which I respected."

“During my career as a player, it was a regular occurrence for players to get dropped to reserve grade if you didn’t perform. That’s the way it was. I’m sure Anthony can respond to what I want. You talk about his contract ... well that’s what I’m trying to do, I’m searching for ways to get him back to his best football."

“I want Milf to go back to the Intrust and work on a few things in his game. At his best, he has special things in his game. I told him to go back and be the Anthony Milford which we haven‘t seen for a while. I want him to get some confidence back. My hope is that he gets better there and if he does that, I will bring him back into the team. It‘s up to Anthony how long he stays in Intrust. It will be longer than a week, but I need him playing well and we‘ll put the support around him to get back to the NRL. Ultimately, he has to drive it.”
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:32 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I sort of disagree, regardless of whether he is re-signed (although I don't think he will be). I think Kevy may be the one at teh club who believes in him the most, because he got him to perform back in 2015. Milford will probably end up at another club with a stable hooker/half/fullback and kill it imo

From the same interview..

“I want to make it clear I haven‘t given up on Milf. If we are going to improve, I need to make the hard calls and ensure everyone wants to get better and if that happens, the team will benefit. I know Milf is copping a lot of criticism, but I honestly believe I can work with Anthony and get him firing again. It has to come from Milf, too.

“I sat down with Anthony and I took him through a few things I needed him to work on. It‘s my job as coach to get him back performing. There’s a few things Milf needs to work on, his kicking is a key area that has to be addressed, but everything about his game can be better. To Anthony‘s credit, he took it well. He understood my reasoning and he took it like a man, which I respected."

“During my career as a player, it was a regular occurrence for players to get dropped to reserve grade if you didn’t perform. That’s the way it was. I’m sure Anthony can respond to what I want. You talk about his contract ... well that’s what I’m trying to do, I’m searching for ways to get him back to his best football."

“I want Milf to go back to the Intrust and work on a few things in his game. At his best, he has special things in his game. I told him to go back and be the Anthony Milford which we haven‘t seen for a while. I want him to get some confidence back. My hope is that he gets better there and if he does that, I will bring him back into the team. It‘s up to Anthony how long he stays in Intrust. It will be longer than a week, but I need him playing well and we‘ll put the support around him to get back to the NRL. Ultimately, he has to drive it.”

Exactly my point.  Because of the situation the club are in, I think he may be getting pressure above him that they are not going to resign him perhaps?  Good on Kev for this though, first real big coaching call he's made and I do believe he really wants him to improve.  In a way he's sticking his neck out for him trying to either get him a new deal with the Broncos or get him playing well by the years end to get a decent deal somewhere else.  He definitely has a soft spot for him.

So saying all that, if he improves, Kev will put him back in. I take that back, he'll want him to show what he can do again to get a new deal somewhere.

Last edited by wolfking on Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:32 pm

I might have zero trades across all three formats! What a boring week! I guess there is always the reverse trade button!
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:35 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:Can't decide if I should play Riki or Stefano in my 17.

Same issue. I’m leaning Stefano. Should be good for 40
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:40 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Shit! I’ve all of them except Munster! I think I might need a pod! Oh well, it’s working at the moment so I guess I’ll stick with the herd!

I have all of those guys except Munster and Latrell, and I do have a few pods too (Moses and Welch at under 10%, Bird, Momo, Leniu and Alvaro at under 20%)
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:41 pm

Dearden anyone?

Averaged 44.28 in 7 games starting half last year without Milford and two of those were 64 and 53 when he partnered Croft. Awkwardly priced and so many other better options around but just having a look if there is any upside.

Plus Milf could be back in a couple weeks and stall all scoring opportunities.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:47 pm

SaveTheCheerleader wrote:

I am. Teig is a machine, can run all day. Narooma boy!
    But does he drop out in say a fortnight when Graham is back is the question!......
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:50 pm

Some talk Lawrie may be out this week and Alvaro starts cheercheer 🙏

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:15 am