NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute! - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:16 pm

Kinda keen to distance myself from some of this Broncos carnage and make these trades:

Riki > Peachey
    Niu > Fogarty

I lose EDG and WFB cover though which is drastic. Thoughts?
    thelastdodo
    thelastdodo

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute! - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 33 - Was that the best round in the world? No it was just a tribute!

Post by thelastdodo Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:17 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Or I could go Riki to Eilliot?

Hey rabbits.

Hope you are okay re your uncle. Got a good crowd here always happy to help.

I think you should do no trades this week as no chance of winning H2H this week.

Good Luck
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:17 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Well I don’t need to trade this week and can just ride this one out but Hampton playing in the halves at his price is tempting indeed

I remember that year I rode Hampton as a cow for huge price rises, can't recall the year, if it was the same year JAC went off...
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:19 pm

Atm i am bringing Bunty in but in all likelihood will it be 8 JTB 10 Harris 13 Jazz or does tohu go to 13 or even edge for murchie
    Empyreal
    Empyreal

Post by Empyreal Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:19 pm

poisoncup wrote:I want Turbo and was hoping Croker would've made enough this week to get him in a single trade with the little I have in my bank, but I fall just short there. Think I'll boot Alvaro for him, though I think he's still got a bit to earn. Still have a couple of MIDs in EMG, but no WFB, worsened by the news about Niu.

I wouldn't be rushing to get rid of Alvaro yet. Averaging 40 which gains him another 60k in the next 3 weeks if he keeps that up. Certainly playable in your 17 for now as well.
    Empyreal
    Empyreal

Post by Empyreal Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:20 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Kinda keen to distance myself from some of this Broncos carnage and make these trades:

Riki > Peachey
    Niu > Fogarty

I lose EDG and WFB cover though which is drastic. Thoughts?

I like those trades.

CTR keeper and a cut-price HLF who is final 17 playable. Neither will play origin so also valuable there.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:23 pm

Any chance S Crichton gets DPP, or does he miss it because he's an injury fill-in?

Just looking at him as a R13 centre, and DPP would be a nice bonus.

Lost a bit of cash on his starting price, Broncos, Newcastle, Manly next 3, and yet to score a try this season while still averaging 31. Surely he's due a few.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:28 pm

wolfking wrote:

There's nothing behind Roberts getting dropped other than pure speculation.

Yeah I dunno where this is coming from, unless we're still picking teams based on fantasy scores Laughing

Leilua has concussion protocols to get through and he and Kepaoa were dropped originally for atrocious defence.

Mbye's not great at CTR, but at least has experience if needed.

I don't recall JRob doing anything to warrant being dropped. Probably not even a consideration when fit.
    NoSpeakaAnyInglis
    NoSpeakaAnyInglis

Post by NoSpeakaAnyInglis Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:30 pm

Missed the game in the weekend...were there any injuries that paved the way for Peachey getting 80mins at lock?
    Do we think it can continue?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:31 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Any chance S Crichton gets DPP, or does he miss it because he's an injury fill-in?

Just looking at him as a R13 centre, and DPP would be a nice bonus.

Lost a bit of cash on his starting price, Broncos, Newcastle, Manly next 3, and yet to score a try this season while still averaging 31. Surely he's due a few.

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting him but will be surprised if he gets DPP
    rectangle
    rectangle

Post by rectangle Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:31 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah I dunno where this is coming from, unless we're still picking teams based on fantasy scores Laughing

Leilua has concussion protocols to get through and he and Kepaoa were dropped originally for atrocious defence.

Mbye's not great at CTR, but at least has experience if needed.

I don't recall JRob doing anything to warrant being dropped. Probably not even a consideration when fit.

He did have a stinker but it's not like the tigers have an abundance of centres waiting to get into the team. Seems unlikely he gets dropped, but you never know.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:33 pm

NoSpeakaAnyInglis wrote:Missed the game in the weekend...were there any injuries that paved the way for Peachey getting 80mins at lock?

Sami went down after 7 minutes which caused a reshuffle. Tino was playing edge or CTR or something.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:34 pm

NoSpeakaAnyInglis wrote:Missed the game in the weekend...were there any injuries that paved the way for Peachey getting 80mins at lock?

Sami was off early and they sort of shunted Tino to the backs. Peach stayed in the middle for most of the game with a spell in the backs late but I suspect he will be back to his usual minutes this week.

Edit: Could have been edge it was hard to tell but he (Tino) didn't have a hell of a lot of impact given all the action was on the other side

Last edited by Aardvark on Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:35 pm

Seriously, whoever said Doueihi... I'm kinda keen now.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:36 pm

rectangle wrote:

He did have a stinker but it's not like the tigers have an abundance of centres waiting to get into the team. Seems unlikely he gets dropped, but you never know.

Yeah I just think he sticks around by default. I do remember a dropped ball after the bullshit from the bunker, but we were in crazy mode at that point.

Only 4 games at a new club, gotta give some time to gel.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:36 pm

Empyreal wrote:

I like those trades.

CTR keeper and a cut-price HLF who is final 17 playable. Neither will play origin so also valuable there.

Problem is I’m a big advocate of not overspending at CTR ever. And that is exactly what I’m doing here. Bird and his slapsies is the only other one I’d be interested in.

Also bringing these two in means I’ll be leaving 2 perfectly capable scorers out of the 17. Atm that is Liddle and Walker.

So I’m torn
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:38 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Sami was off early and they sort of shunted Tino to the backs. Peach stayed in the middle for most of the game with a spell in the backs late but I suspect he will be back to his usual minutes this week.

Edit: Could have been edge it was hard to tell but he (Tino) didn't have a hell of a lot of impact given all the action was on the other side

With ball in hand Tino was at right edge (and for a short time, centre/wing while whatever his name is was sin binned)

Peachey was defending out wide, Tino in the middle (for the most part), but Titans had all the ball, there was fuck all defense to do.

Holbrook gave Tino a break and the cameras showed as he went off, he was mouthing off (again) about being subbed it seems.. haha

But yeah, as you said, ball barely came Tino's way. Proctor was at centre and Fifita on the other side of the field.. it made sense for the Titans to go left all day. If we didn't own Tino in fantasy you'd not think twice about Tino's performance

As a *new* owner it was pretty ugly, but as long as normal programming resumes next week he should play his usual big mins in the middle.

Last edited by my tv broke on Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:39 pm

Also just noticed Cleary now at 1060, BE 62, another 1-2 weeks and can sell him for upgrades.
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:42 pm

Guns and cows for me tempted to go:

BSmith to Haas (paying $910k is overs but oh well).
    Riki to Cow (probably Simpkin given Liddle is probably due an injury and could be a good cow eventually, could play some lock if on bench as well).

Leaves:

JBrailey
    Haas, Ipapali, Watson
    DFifita, ACrichton
    Cleary, Schuster
    Peachey, Averillo
    Tedesco, Papenhuyzen, Laurie

Liddle, O'Sullivan, Walker, Leniu

Uto, Simpkin, Roberts, Lussick

Deal with Lussick and/or Roberts when someone like Blore takes the edge role.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:42 pm

my tv broke wrote:

With ball in hand Tino was at right edge (and for a short time, centre/wing while whatever his name is was sin binned)

Peachey was defending out wide, Tino in the middle (for the most part), but Titans had all the ball, there was fuck all defense to do.

Holbrook gave Tino a break and the cameras showed as he went off, he was mouthing off (again) about being subbed it seems.. haha

But yeah, as you said, ball barely came Tino's way. Proctor was at centre and Fifita on the other side of the field.. it made sense for the Titans to go left all day. If we didn't own Tino in fantasy you'd not think twice about Tino's performance

As a *new* owner it was pretty ugly, but as long as normal programming resumes next week he should play his usual big mins in the middle.

I'm actually thinking about picking him up this week or next

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:15 am